Chapter 10

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

 

“So I’ve heard from Jana about the “Little Incident” that happened over the weekend”

Jonghyun smirked as he sat lazily in front of his best friend.

Joohyun rolled her eyes and continued tinkering her massive color wheel.

“Come on Joohyun, spill!”

“Yoona has been rubbing off on you too much!”

“Of course she rubs on me! Geez Joohyun, she’s my wife, we are supposed to rub!”

“Jonghyun! Eww!” she covered her ears as she hummed loudly

He clucked his tongue and shook his head “So childish for someone who was caught red handed by her own family!”

“I don’t need to know everything that you and Yoona do behind closed doors”

“Because I bet you knew! The flag has been surrendered!” he laughed so hard that he almost fell of his chair

“LEE JONGHYUN I SWEAR! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS”

“Wait till I tell the girls about this!”

“JONGHYUN!” She hit the side of his arms of which he flinched but his laughter didn’t falter. When he noticed how she’s turning red including her ears and her shoulders, he calmed down and raised both his hands in surrender

“Arasseo, I’ll stop, I was just teasing you”

“Enough okay!”

“Arasseo, chill. So this serious huh?”

She shrugged as she slumped on her seat “Was that too fast?”

“I don’t know Joohyun, that is something I can’t answer you, how did you feel?”

“Physically, it hurts and it was tiring”

Jonghyun made a squirming face “Uhm I was not talking about that, what I meant was emotionally how did it feel?”

“Oh” she laughed and covered her face in embarrassment “I thought you meant that”

 

“Why would I even ask? I’m not Tiffany”

“Sorry okay! But to answer your question, it was liberating? I felt I gave him a piece of me that I can no longer take back”

“So no regrets right?”

“None”

“Well then, it was not too fast, it was just right” he smiled as he stood up and took a handful of hard candies from the candy bowl.

 

_____________________________

 

She knew she was falling and hard for that matter. Maybe it comes with age, she wouldn’t know, all she knows is that Yonghwa has now become an integral part of her life and they haven’t even been together for that long. She sometimes find herself lost in her own thoughts at any given time. She over thinks and she admits that. There was once that she actually Googled her own boyfriend to see how the public perceives him. There wasn’t much to begin with but there is still since he’s a celebrity in his own rights. She found pictures of him with his family in social gatherings. She found pictures of him with the girls he took with him to some of those social events. There weren’t many and she’s glad however one woman stood out, Lee Yeon Hee, the heiress turned actress. There were pictures of her with him and his family. They look close. The slight prick in her heart brought tears to her eyes.

Seo Joohyun for heaven sake get a grip! Stop over thinking!

She barely read celebrity news but she doe watch a lot of dramas and there was a point in her life when she actually appreciated the said actress but that was it, she’s not the one to dig into celebrities life to see who’s dating who, she has too much on her plate for her to even do that. She did ask about Yonghwa’s dating history and he did tell her everything however she didn’t really think that the Lee Yeon Hee that he was telling her was the Lee Yeon Hee actress.

She huffed as she click more pictures of them.

They look so good together

Her skin is flawless

She adjusted her seat and mindlessly rubbed her legs

Dammit! While I need to shave my legs

She should be preparing herself to meet Yonghwa’s family but there she was during office hours stalking her boyfriends past. It was only two days before the party at Yonghwa’s and at the same time they will be revealing the newly renovated house that day. The amount of pressure she’s feeling cannot be compared to anything in her entire life.  She doesn’t know what to dwell on first, the pressure of being the interior decorator or the pressure of being the girlfriend. She will admit that her confidence waned when she found out who the ex was but it’s not like she can do anything about it, so she went back to being the Seo Joohyun interior designer that she is and finished what needs to be finished that day.

 

______________________________

 

When she found out what Yonghwa was planning for his parent’s anniversary she grew wary and tried to change his mind but was only answered with

“Of course I need to show your work off! I’m so happy with the job that you’ve done I want everyone to see it, and to meet you at the same time.”

She refused once more of which he ignored and so they arrived early that weekend in the house to make sure everything is spic and span and up to par with Joohyuns standards. She helped Yonghwa’s secretary with the party by recommending the best events planner she knows. They were there to help out set up the place. Yonghwa asked his brother and his family to stay in a hotel the day before so that they wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter