Chapter 18

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

She literally had tears and no words as she nodded. She will not forget the scene on the TV where Iron Man and Captain America were arguing in SHIELDS headquarters at what to do with the Tesseract. That was what was showing as Yonghwa put the ring on her ring finger. Her vison got blurry and Yonghwa kissed her hard and hugged her tightly.

“You’re not pulling a prank on me aren’t you?” she hiccupped as she sobbed in his arms

“Of course not, that will be a very very bad prank. You’re not messing with that yes right?”

She shook her head and sobbed “That will be a very very bad mess”

“I love you so much hon. So so much!” he declared

“I love you too” she replied and sobbed more. When she recovered and was barely getting hiccups. She let go of him and looked at the ring on her finger.

“How did you get this?”

“I bought it”

“Duh, I know. I mean when? How, What, Why?”

He chuckled and wiped her nose with the hem of his shirt “I got it early last month during my quick trip to New York. I happened to pass by Tiffany’s on my way back to the hotel and found this being put on display so I went in and bought it. They said it’s their most recent collection. Tiffany True? If I’m not mistaken that’s what they call that collection”

She brought the ring right under her eyes and looked at it. She smiled fascinatedly “You have this all these time?”

“Yes. I kept it in the office and just brought it home two weeks ago, if you have decided to do like a spring clean? You would’ve found it.”

“This is what an engagement rings look like up close?” she looked at him and smiled “I only see these already in the hands of the owners, this is the first time I have one”

Yonghwa laughed “I should be happy being able to be the ONLY one to give you that”

“Ow thank you oppa!” she jumped up to his lap and rained kisses on his face “You are the best” until she stopped

“Is this for real? Not just to keep your crazy ex who smoke crack every day at bay?”

“Joohyun, I don’t even care about Yeonhee, she can go haywire for all I care. She can turn green with envy or go choke herself, I couldn’t even careless. I bought the ring right even before I introduced you to my family. Yes you might think that this is one way for me to try and get Yeonhee off your back, true this is one way to but I want you to understand, a heart wants what the heart wants. And my heart only wants you.”

She nodded “Fair enough. Wait. Do we have to tell people now?”

He shrugged “Up to you, you can opt not to but remember they will see the ring and they will ask, besides, I don’t think you can hide this from Yoona and Jonghyun”

“You’re right” she pursed her lips and thought for a moment. “Well then let’s get this over and done with” She reached out for her phone on the table and gave it to Yonghwa “Let’s do this” With her still on his lap both smiling with red nose and puffy eyes, with the object glistening on her left hand as the main focal point, they snapped a picture of them.

_________________________________________

They decided to turn off their phones after their announcement and spent the night relishing their love. She woke up the next day in his arms, they had dark curtains up so she can’t tell what part of the day it is until she peeked on her phone. It’s 15 minutes to 11 in the morning. They must’ve really slept in since they succumbed to slumber already at dawn. She wiggled a little as she freed her left hand from inside the comforter. She pulled herself closer to Yonghwa and snuggled under his chin while looking at her ring once more.

I’m getting married

She thought

I’m really really getting married and will have our own Nana!

She screamed inside her head. She smiled wide and hugged Yonghwa tighter. He groaned “Hon, our buddy down there is alive and kicking, want to eat breakfast?”

Joohyun giggled and nodded, he mischievously and brushed his lips to hers. As he was moving on top of her and was nipping her earlobe, they heard a loud crash from the outside.

“WHAT WAS THAT??” he asked her

“I don’t know oppa!”

“Did we lock the door last night?

“We did! Even before we started the movie it was already locked”

He got off her and jumped off the bed, she followed him wrapping the sheets around her

“Put something on oppa!”

He grabbed his PJs and put it on. They both pressed their ears on the door trying to listen to any noise from the outside but there was none.

“We heard something right?”he whispered

She nodded

“Go put something on” Yonghwa instructed and she did. He looked around the room and the only weapon to use that he found was the straightening iron. He wrapped the chord around is and held on to it. He took one of Joohyuns perfume and gave it to her. She looked at him

“Spray it on the eyes if the perpetrator gets close”.

“Got it!”

He immediately opened the door wide and Joohyun jumped and shouted “YAH!!” She kept spraying madly in front of her and someone coughed violently

“What the ?!” Yonghwa loudly uttered as he stared at how his brother catch his breath from the perfume that was sprayed directly to his face. Joohyun’s eyes grew big and covered in shock.

“Watch your language Jung Yonghwa!” his mother scolded him

The scene they saw was like the statue challenge, all the people inside the house was either sitting or standing still except for Yunho and Boa. They can see Jana cleaning the floor which must be the cause of that loud noise from earlier. She looked up “Oh hey!” she greeted them casually. “Sorry I broke the salad bowl. I’ll replace it and oh I locked your door earlier. I didn’t see anything!” She stood up and raised her right hand “I promise I didn’t look and besides the room was so dark!”

“Jana!” Jinhye chided and went to look back at Yonghwa and Joohyun “Congratulations!!” With her almost due belly she quickly moved to them and hugged both “I’m so happy for you two!” and then their whole family followed. They were shock, well beyond shock. They got both set of parents inside the house, Joohyuns 2 sisters and her bother-in-law and Yunho and Boa with the two boys. The couple was so out of it that they just stood there while Jinhye and Jana and both moms with Boa gushed over her ring. Her left was so limp that they could actually just pull it and detached it from her body. The men were crowding over Yonghwa but he can’t even smile.

When they manage to get hold of the situation, the first thing Joohyun asked was

“How did you all get in here?”

Her mom replied with glee as she went back to the kitchen “We let ourselves in, we figured you guys may still be sleeping then after like around 30 minutes sadon eoreun (in-laws) came so we decided to prepare lunch here instead of going out seeing you two won’t wake up anytime soon”

“I need to change this units passcode” Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter