Chapter 20

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

 

They drove away from the city holding hands inside Yonghwa’s car, no plan, just anywhere far. The pressure coming from the wedding, the stress from Yeonhee, it was all too much. Joohyun opened her window to let the fresh air of the early morning in. She sat back and closed her eyes feeling the breeze kiss her face. She smiled when she felt Yonghwa kissed her hand that he was holding

“Happy?” he asked

She inclined her head “Very much” she slowly opened her eyes and turned her body to his direction “if only things we’re this simple and quiet”

“I can make this all go away Hyun. We can go get married without all these. It’s Saturday though the courthouse may not be open but I can get hold of In Seong samcheon.”

“We can do that, then be killed by everyone who’s helping us in our wedding”

“Atleast we will die together”

Joohyun snorted and pinched his nose “Har Har. Funny Jung Yonghwassi, we were supposed to spend the rest of our lives together, not cut it short”

“Short but together”

“Together but stupid Sajangnim”

He laughed as his fiancée rolled her eyes. He was thinking of where to bring her, somewhere peaceful, and quiet and also not too far from the city since they have to be home by early afternoon to prepare for the engagement party.

“I think a bit of Sun Sea and Sand will do us both good, what you think?”

Joohyuns lips turned up and nodded excitedly “Yes!!”

They stopped by a convenient store to buy their food good for both breakfast and lunch and when they got to the sea side they laid a blanket and just sat there legs stretched out. They were just sitting there silently when a family of four passed by them, the mother holding the baby while the dad was chasing the son who was running straight to the sea with his clothes on

“andwae!!” the father shouted but it fell on his son’s deaf ears as the little boy squealed as his feet touches the water.

“Oh no, appa! We don’t have spare shoes! Aigoo!”

Yonghwa and Joohyun laughed as the dad just scratched his head and let his son play in the water with his shoes on. It was too late anyway, might as well let the child enjoy.

“I want 5 of those” Yonghwa nudged Joohyun

“What? Shoes? You got more than 5”

“No , I mean kids, I want 5 kids, or more if you can. I want a big family, a big loud table everytime we eat. I want a lot of bickering, breaking fights, I want a lot of laughter. It was only Hyung and I growing up and well you have 2 sisters”

“It was too much for all of us” she chuckled

“You were young then, off course you hate your siblings, that’s normal I guess”

“Yes”

“but that changed didn’t it?”

“A lot”

“See? I want our kids to be dependent of each other. I don’t want them to feel alone not for once second.”

“”So you want a lot of them? Oppa, I’m turning 34 and you’re what? Turning 36? How are we going to mange 5 kids with our age”

He smirked and showed hiss devil smile “We have to start ASAP”

Joohyun threw her head back in laughter “Aren’t we doing just that almost every night?”

“I actually wonder why we haven’t made progress?”

Then she turned serious “Oppa, do you know that I’m worrying about that” she took a deep breathe and hugged her knees “what If I’m too old to get pregnant? They said that the older a woman gets, the more difficult it is for her to get pregnant and that if she ever does, it will be a high risk pregnancy”

Yonghwa scooted closer to her and took one of her hands and kissed it “Joohyun, I’m marrying you because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I’m not marrying you to give me kids, I will be with you with or without kids. And if we will be blessed with 1 or 2 or 10 kids, we will all raise them to be a decent, respectful and kind people. We will teach them well, wwe will guide them and be there for all of them and love them with everything we have”

“I’m scared”

“Tsk, don’t be, we’ll practice more” he’s eyes was twingkling as he “As they say, the more entries you send, the more chances of winning”

“What?!”

And he just laughed it off, they stayed there until after lunch, they decided to turn their phones off and when they did turned it back numerous messages came it, same with left voice messages of “Where are you?!”

She was about to delete the messages when Tiffany called

“Answer it, tell her we’re about to head back”

Joohyun smiled as she put it on speaker and answered the call with “We’re on our way back”

“FINALLY!!! We were getting nervous here! We thought you guys lost it and just eloped!”

“I won’t lie and tell you we didn’t planned that”

“SERIOUSLY SEO JOOHYUN?!”

“Chill pinky, we’ll be there at the engagement party”

“You and Yonghwa are getting more rebellious by the day!”

Yonghwa chuckled “This is our form of protest Tiffanyssi”

Tiff snorted at the other end of the line “Well just so you two know, both your mother’s took the offer from Business Herald and is now doing a sit down interview in the engagement hall, so you two better prepare yourself for the article.”

“Is that a threat?” Joohyun asked

“If you don’t believe me, fine, we are now at the engagement hall checking on the last details for the party tonight and they are just right by the humongous high ceiling window doing the interview. Turn on the video call”

They saw the big hall and the decorations their attention was suddenly called by their mother’s who were sitting at the table with they guess the writer and a photographer.

“They really did it oppa!”

“I guess they did”

They can Tiffany maneuvering in between tables and people and chairs and flowers and balloons

“Immo! Our runaways had turned up!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter