Chapter 24

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

 

 

When Yonghwa arrived that evening, there were only Joohyun’s and his family that was left. They had finished their dinner and was just cleaning up the house and waiting for him to return. Joohyun insisted that she will be fine by herself and that they all head home and rest but that didn’t happen. Shortly after he arrived, everyone left leaving only the couple. He had Joohyun shower and afterwards tucked her in before he did the same. When he came out of the bathroom, Joohyun was already fast asleep. He went to her side to remove the book that she was reading and to turn off her bedside lamp but before he did that, he stared at her sleeping figure and gently planted a kiss on her forehead. He doesn’t know if what he did earlier that day would cause more conflict than actually fix it but he just have to try. He learned shortly after meeting her that there is nothing in this world that he wouldn’t do for her. He never knew such devotion exist until she came along.

He will eventually tell Joohyun of what he did, she deserves to know everything that he has been doing. They will be sharing their lives together for the rest of eternity afterall.

The weeks flew by in a blink of an eye, Joohyun and Yonghwa found themselves on a Monday, in their last dress and suite fitting. They will be going over the last details of their wedding. Yoona and Sooyoung has confirmed all RSVP the day before and some family and friends had started to arrive for the wedding that will be held that coming Saturday. All thanks to their family and friends, the tedious and tiring wedding preparation is soon coming to an end. Yonghwa’s company is running smoothly with minimal supervision from him since his dad took over for the mean time same as for Joohyun who has Jonghyun to oversee the whole of operations.

“Hyunnie, I found out that Yeonhee’s parents won’t be coming to your wedding. We have already received their declinded notification.”

Joohyun bit the inside of her cheek. She pondered about this issue a lot for the last few weeks. She knew that both family goes way back and she can’t help but think that it’s partly her fault that the relationship turned sour. Yonghwa and his family had assured her thousands of time that she has nothing to do with it. A little over a week ago, she learned from her mom that the Jungs had pulled out all their investments from the Lee and they have submitted a buyout request for the investment that the Lee’s have with the Jungs’. To put it lightly, it’s an amicable settlement of separation, on both business and personal aspect.

Of course this did not sit well with the elite circles as both families are one. The rumour vine most of the time breaks rather than strengthen ties. The first ladies of these big CEO’s gathered and only talked about what happened with the Lee’s and the Jung’s. Yeonhee’s breakdown during the engagement party of Yonghwa has spread amongst their class. It has also been said that to avoid legal charges, the Lee’s claimed psychological issues resulting for Yeonhee to be admitted in a psychiatric facilty. They all know it and of course they all know that it was just for show. The brat of a daughter the Lee’s have will surely get away with anything.

 

 

 

For the past month, Tiffany has been busy juggling her duties of being a wife, mother, a daughter and daughter-in-law and a friend. Once the kids had gone off to school, she’ll slip out and head over to Joohyun to help with the wedding preparation. It was her and Sooyoung who’s usually present since Yoona still got work. Her father knows both Yonghwa’s family and Joohyun’s family. Yonghwa because of their business and Joohyun because both of their father worked together for the government it’s just that Joohyun’s dad is already retired while Tiffany’s dad is now the Chief of Justice. Having been busy in helping Joohyun with her wedding, she had cancelled on her mother a couple of times but since that specific day she seems to be free, she decided to take her mother to a late dinner at a very private restaurant in Gangnam.

“I thought I’d never get to see you this week Miyoungah” her mom smiled at her as she wiped her hands using the hot towel that was given to them.

“Sorry mom, I’m so busy these past few days, I can’t even tell what day today is.”

“I know, I was just teasing you, how’s Joohyun’s wedding coming along?”

“Just tying the loose ends and we are done, the only thing that’s left is to pray for a very sunny day on Satruday, by the way, did you pick up the dress I bought for you?”

Her mom was looking at the menu and nodded “Yes, I did earlier, it’s perfect, oyur dad’s suite matches as well.”

“Good, I have to have you two look perfect since you guys are one of the primary sponsors”

“What an intense pressure Miyoungah”

“Only the best for the best parents mom, I wouldn’t want it any other way, so what are we going to have?”

“I don’t know either”

The two women gigged and chose the chef’s choice meal for that evening and even requested for wine. As they were talking about the recent happening in the kids’ school, they heard a slight commotion outside. They ignored it at first until they were actually sure that it’s happening right outside their door. Tiffany stood up but was held back by her mom.

“Let the bodyguards handle this”

“I asked Minseok ajussi and the rest of your bodyguards to eat, I don’t think they’re there”

When she was about to remove her mom’s hands from her, the sliding door opened wide and a lady was shouting at the manage

“Who told you that you can book my room to other’s today?” the woman shouted. Tiffany could see the manager shaking from that shout and was only looking down and was profusely apologizing.

“I’m really sorry Ms. Lee, but no one called and made a reservation for you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter