Chapter 23

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

Joohyun was released the next day and as scheduled the bridal gown team arrived in her apartment that same afternoon to present the gown designs and to take measurements of the ladies of the entourage. As much as Yonghwa wanted to shoo away everyone inside, he can’t. It was a total chaos. He wanted Joohyun to take as much rest as she can but he knew with the upcoming wedding, that is a lost cause not unless they cancel it however, looking at her now, she has been laughing her heart out with the ladies. Her friends and family were there making food, suggesting alterations to the design. Making fuss of anything and everything they can think of. He huffed once more as he arranged the pillow behind Joohyun. His mother frowned seeing it.

“Yonghwa! Why don’t you go do something useful?”

“Like what?”

“Mwolla, anything besides sitting there and watching all of us like a hawk”

The ladies laughed, even Monique and her team.

“I have somewhere to go this afternoon but until then, you girls will have to endure this hawk”

Joohyun had to hold her lower abdomen because she has been laughing eversince she got home. She was pretty sure that the men’s tuxedo fitting which will take place the next day will be more quiet, subdued and calm. She looked beside her and took her fiancée’s hand into hers and gave it a gentle squeezed.

“Oppa, where are you going?”

“I’ll just be meeting with Jonghyun for some guys time, you know bond with your bestfriend”

Joohyun looked at Yoona who is in the kitchen pouring herself a drink

“Okay, try not to steal my bestfriend will you?”

“Don’t worry, I already stole his”

________________________

 

It wasn't until they reached the said facility that a knot has formed in his stomach. His hands started to become clammy as he gripped the steering wheel. He looked at Jonghyun beside him and saw that he was also looking at the facility. There were a few people outside of the secluded place which took them an hour and half to reach. The edifice was beautifully built, a large European house situated in the middle of the mountains, at first glance, one would even think that it's a retreat house not a psych facility.

To be honest, he doesn't know what he'll do once he comes face to face with Yeonhee. The girl he once devoted hismelf to, the one he once dreamt of marrying. He must’ve done something great in his past life for the heavens to save him from that multitude of mistake. He brought Jonghyun with him for protection, not for himself but for Yeonhee, he may be Joohyun's best friend but he is also the voice of reason.

He hope.

He fervently hope so.

They were greeted with a cool gush of wind which took him to the edge more so he balled his fist to his side

"You okay?" Jonghyun asked

"Yeah"

"You sure?"

"Positive"

When they entered, they were like brought to a 5 star hotel. Jonghyun stopped by the door in surprised

"Are you sure this is the address?"

Yonghwa was also looking around until his eyes landed on a nurse

"Yes, I think this is it"

Jonhyun stepped in and stood beside Yonghwa "I have never seen a facility like this"

"Same"

They both stood by the door looking around until a girl, barely 5'2" in height , dressed in a nurse uniform with a big smile on her face greeted them

"Hi how may I help you?"

"I'll wait for you by the foyer there" as Jonghyun stepped back to let Yonghwa the conversation.

"No stay here"

"What?"

They were whispering loud enough for the nurse to overhear

"You guys ar enot reporters right?"

Their eyes went big and both waved their hands in mid air

"No!"

"No,no we are not"

The smile that's plastered on the nurse's face is starting to falter "Then HOW CAN I HELP YOU?"

Jonghyun nudged Yonghwa "I'm looking for Lee Yeonhee"

"We don't have a patient under that name"

"Lee Yeonhee?"

"Yes"

“The actress?”

“Yes”

"But someone told me that she's here"

"Sorry sir we don't have a patient with that name. Anything else I can do for you?"

The two men stood lost as they try to process that simple reply.

"Sir? ANYTHING ELSE?"

"NO that's okay. Thank you."

They both went out and stood by the car in the parking lot one was scratching his head and the other shaking it.

"I thought your dad said she's here?"

"Well, that's what he said, he's the one who sent me the address of this facility" showing his phone to Jonghyun "Hold on let me call my dad"

Jonghyun walked a bit to give Yonghwa privacy, only when he saw him removing the phone away from his ears did he walked back

"So what happened?"

"He said it's definitely here, although he did mentioned that she may be under an alias. He said that this is actually a high end psych facility having only the high profiled personas as their patients"

"So the problem now is, what alias is she us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter