Shallow End of A Dream Chapter 17

Shallow End Of A Dream

Chapter 17: Stay

*

*

*

2014

       “Having fun?” Sara asked, opening the door of the balcony where YoungSaeng was sitting; “Mind if I join you?” she smiled.

       Hearing the door behind him open, then her soft, sweet voice, the young man opened his eyes and turned to look at her, a bright smile on his face; “Sure! Sit here!” he patted the chair beside him. Sara closed the door and put the tray with two cups of coffee down on the table before sitting beside him; “Beautiful view!” she stated.

From up there, the whole sea was visible and it was sparkling under the golden light of the afternoon sun.

“Yeah! I love it!” YoungSaeng took Sara’s hand and smiled, “Thanks for the coffee.” He took one of the cups and drank a little; “Hot!” he flinched and Sara chuckled; “Of course it is,” she said; “I just made it!”

YoungSaeng put the cup down and winced; “Oh!” he said and rubbed at his temple, eyes closed. The headaches again, and it was getting worst each day.

“Are you ok, Saengi?” Sara asked worried, and then cupped YoungSaeng’s face with both hands and made him look at her. Looking at his face, she noticed he was tired and in pain, that was obvious. When he opened his eyes, his face was mere inches away from hers and her rosy petal lips were so tempting; “Headache!” he smiled ruefully, eyes travelling between Sara’s eyes and lips.

“But you’re in pain! And I remember you said you had a headache the other day. I don’t think you’re ok!” Sara frowned, not understanding the way he was looking at her.

“Ok! I’m not ok!” he said with a grin; “Wanna help?” he asked taking Sara’s hands in his own and staring in to her dark eyes.

“Yes!” she said.

“Distract me!” he leaned closer.

“H-how?” Sara blushed, they were so close.

“Like this…” he claimed those red lips in a kiss, putting her hands around his neck and his own hands on her back.

       She blushed even more but then her eyelids slid and she closed her eyes, kissing him back, fingers twining in silky hair.

       Seeing she was ok with it, YoungSaeng tilted his head and deepened the kiss. His head was bursting in pain but that was a great distraction. The kiss was getting heated with both of them trying to get closer to each other as possible and but then…

“Hey Saeng, we’re going-….” He paused, looking at the two human tomatoes sitting in front of him, “Why do I keep walking in on this situations?!” JungMin mused with a pout.

He was not the type to blush that much but it was the first time he was caught, so it was embarrassing; “M-maybe… because… you don’t knock…” YoungSaeng stuttered while opening the balcony door to make it easier to talk to the younger.

“You’ve got a good point there…” Jung Min chuckled, “Anyway… since it’s the last night, we all decided to go to the beach together… so I just wanted to tell you, and Nagi is looking for Sara… so… you coming?” he asked.

“Yeah… we’ll be there in a minute…” YoungSaeng replied.

“Ok!” Jung Min said and left the room.

       When the redhead was gone, YoungSaeng and Sara looked at each other then laughed, they were both embarrassed but they could not help how funny they looked, acting like teenage lovers. “So.. you think it’s still hot?” YoungSaeng said pointing to the coffees on the table.

“Not anymore…” Sara chuckled then stood up; “Let’s go!”

“Ok! Let’s go!” YoungSaeng chuckled and took her hands to leave the room together, the headache completely forgotten.

###################################################################################

*

*

*

2024

       “Sara?” YoungSaeng called, “Talk to me honey!”

She couldn’t hide it anymore, she wanted to talk about it and he was the best one to talk to even though it might hurt him; “I missed it YoungSaeng!” she whispered, pulling back a little.

Confused, the young man tried to look at her with his blind eyes; “Missed what?” he asked.

       Sara moved forward and kissed his eyes, “Your eyes… the way you used to look at me; I could feel everything just by looking into your beautiful dark eyes, I could tell what you wanted or needed… I loved the way you used to stare at me when we were apart in those parties… I …. “She paused, sniffling; “Every time you looked at me, I felt alive… I felt happy… but now… I can’t see what you need… you are not looking at me anymore… I just feel… like I don’t exist… your eyes… I belonged to your eyes, but now I feel lost…” she broke down completely; “I’m not complaining Saeng! I swear I’m not… I chose you because I loved you… I love you… but I just can’t help the way I feel… I still love you and I still care about you…” she stopped talking when YoungSaeng kissed her lips lightly… she was embarrassed just like those days, and during all these years YoungSaeng knew the only way to make her stop is to kiss her.

“I know you’re not complaining silly… and I know you love me, because I Love you, too….” He smiled, then took her hand and put it on his heart; “Can you hear it?... can you feel how it beats?” he asked.

She was silent for a moment, listening to his heartbeat, then she smiled faintly; “I can!”

“I can’t see Sara! And I can’t look at you the way I used to and I’m sorry for that! Damn! I missed looking at you, too. But don’t you ever say that you don’t exist…” he touched her face, “Because you do… here, in my heart…” a pause; “You’re always here and I see you just like the day in those pictures… I miss looking at you, but I have a good picture of you here… I love you honey, I love you so much!” he kissed her forehead, “As hard as it is for you to cope with me not seeing you… it’s hard for me, too, not to be able to see you… Sara!” he called.

“Yes?!” She whispered, breath ghosting on his lips since they were so close.

“This heart is beating for you… I know I was silly to ask you to leave me years ago, but I’m happy you didn’t listen to me.” He smiled, “Thank you Sara… I couldn’t survive this without you!” he paused; “Can you promise me something?”

“Anything baby!” Sara was smiling now. She was happy she talked to him.

“Stay!” he said; “Never leave me… and promise that you will always love me the way you do now!”

“I’ll stay… but about loving you… I can’t promise….” She paused and looked at his pale face starting to worry; “Because I can’t stop falling in love with you every day that I wake up…”

He relaxed and smiled; “Thank you!”

She put her head on his chest and was listening to his heartbeat when something came to her mind; “Can you distract me?” She grinned.

Lips quirking upwards, YoungSaeng opened his sightless eyes; “And how do I do that for you, Miss?” he asked.

“Like this…” she bent down and kissed him, lingering on those sweet lips.

“I love you!” she said.

       Anything he wanted to say was muffled by the lips pressing against his in a heated kiss, so he gave up and wrapped both arms around Sara. They couldn’t sleep that night… it was not possible…

################################################################################

       The clock 12, it was midnight but Jung Min was still awake, sitting in his wheelchair near the balcony, looking out at the snowy peaceful night. The wind had stopped blowing and it was snowing again.

“Min?!” Haily’s sleepy voice called from behind. “What are you doing here? Are you ok?” she asked, approaching him.

Jung Min nodded, “I’m ok! I just couldn’t sleep! Go, you need rest!” he smiled up at her.

       Haily crouched down next to him on the floor; “Not leaving you… the bed is empty without you and I don’t like it!” she pouted.

He chuckled; “Come here!” he patted on his laps.

She smiled at him like a child; “Is it ok if I sit there? You sure it won’t bother you?!” she asked before sitting on his lap.

“Come on! It’s not like I feel them anym-….’ He was stopped by the fingers against his lips, “Don’t say that again, ok?... I don’t like to hear you say that!” she was sad. She didn’t like it when JungMin said harsh things about his situation. The young man smiled; “OK!”

They were both looking out in silence when JungMin said; “I miss them Haily…” he chuckled, “Especially that kid, Nagi!” no matter how they treated each other, they were friends.

“Yeah… I miss them too. And I must be thanking that kid one day.” She smiled, her head on her husband’s  shoulder.

“Why?” JungMin asked.

       Haily kissed his neck lightly; “Because she gave us those precious memories… I like those pictures, and those days. They were good days.”

He nodded, “Yeah!” then he held her closer and kissed her temple. “Love you” he said.

She smiled; “Love you, too!”

###############################################################################

*

*

*

2014

       They were all standing at the shore looking at the sea. It was the last night of their holiday; they’ll be going back to Seoul tomorrow, so they decided to enjoy their remaining time. They were all silent looking at the sea, the sky and the sun setting down but then HyungJun shrieked suddenly and fell back onto his . Jung Min was laughing at him, “You’re still a baby~~~!” he sang.

       HyunJoong laughed seeing the two guys arguing again, so did the others. Except EunAh; “Hey! Stop it you kids. His leg is injured and he shouldn’t be doing these strenuous activities.” Then she turned to HyungJun who was trying to throw water at Jung Min; “Stop It-…” but she stopped when the water hit her instead of JungMin.

“I’m sorry, EunAh!... I’m sorry!” he walked to her slowly but then was shocked when EunAh splashed cold water at his face.

“It’s a war I guess!” the redhead smirked.

“Yes it is!” Nagisa said and pushed him into the cold water. HyunJoong was laughing his head off and MaeRi was holding him from falling down.

JungMin yelped when he fell into the sea but looked up grinning like crazy at Nagisa; “You’re so dead Nagi!”

The girl stuck her tongue out then ran away to hide behind KyuJong, JungMin following after her.

       HyunJoong finally fell down and got both him and MaeRi wet. HyungJun and EunAh were fighting like children. KyuJong , JungMin and Nagisa were chasing after each other, and YoungSaeng, Sara and Haily were laughing at them, standing by just looking. Looking at them with a mischievous grin when finally Jung Min threw her into the water, Nagisa smiled devilishly at them then at Jung Min, who immediately got what she meant and headed towards the three standing aside looking at them. When YoungSaeng saw them coming, the smile fell from his face and he said; “Well ladies, it’s over… they got us!”

       The first one was YoungSaeng then he took Sara with him and they started playing along with the others. And JungMin and Nagisa splashed water over Haily until she was completely soaked.

       The water was so cold, freezing in fact but they didn’t care as far as they could have this much fun. When the rain started though, they all headed towards their home. HyungJun was carried to the house by EunAh and KyuJong. Nagisa was running away from Sara who was trying to stop her from wandering around more than that and took her home to rest, she didn’t want to see her sick again. YoungSaeng was walking behind them, smiling. HyunJoong and MaeRi were walking together a, still laughing.

       Haily was shaking but she felt good and she was happy that she agreed to go with them. First, when JungMin asked her to come with them she hesitated, not sure whether it was a good idea or not?! But now she was sure it was a good idea. The last few days were great and she felt really good. Smiling at the happy faces, she started to walk to the house too, when a hand stopped her. She turned around and saw JungMin.

       Seeing her turn around, e redhead hesitated but then he took a step closer. They were both soaking and water was dripping from their hair. Damp hair sticking to Haily’s face… to her lips…

It was awkward… none of them would talk… they didn’t know what to say. Swallowing, Jung Min took one step closer, standing exactly in front of her.

       He was tall, so Haily had to look up to see his face… JungMin brought his free hand up and trailed his index finger on her cheeks and jaw line… moving the damp hair aside… then he touched her lower lip with his thumb…

She closed her eyes at the feeling of the hands on her face and lips…

       Looking at her, soaking, water dripping down her face, and her eyes closed, standing in front of him, she looked so innocent. JungMin bent down slowly and brushed his lips over hers in a kiss… the hand holding hers wrapping around her waist pulled her closer, the other hand caressing the back of her neck.

       She lost herself in the kiss… his soft lips moving against hers… his slow and soft touches… it felt good… she mirrored all his actions… then wrapped both hands around his neck and kissed him back eagerly.

JungMin didn’t want to pull back, he loved it, but when his lungs screamed for air, he eventually pulled back. When his lips left hers, Haily groaned.  But then the redhead kissed her forehead, lingering. She smiled.

“Haily!” he said softly, “Will you be my girl?”

       Her heart skipped a beat… he was asking her out… to be his girl… was it even possible?! Park Jung Min, the owner of the greatest hotels in Seoul is asking a simple waitress in a bar out?

She looked up at him and into his dark eyes, “Is this a dream?” she whispered.

       JungMin smiled, looking into those honest eyes, he was sure she was the only one he wanted… the only one he could ever trust, “No!” he kissed her nose, “It’s real…” he kissed her lips, “I want you to be my girl, Haily!” he made his way down to kiss her jaw, then looked up at her; “Will ya?”

       Haily has never thought of love or falling in love, and after her mother’s passed away she’d already forgot how it felt to be loved. But since she started seeing Jung Min, she could feel that emotion, that love again. She liked this guy…

“I will!” she said, kissing his cheek.

His heart was fluttering in his chest and he smiled at the kiss on his cheek. Then he hugged her tightly. He liked this girl, so much!...

#################################################################################

       softly when she titled her head to kiss him deeper, JungMin hooked his hand around Haily’s neck and shoulder playing with her hair.

“I love you Haily!” he said in the kiss.

Pulling away, she looked into his eyes, “You do!” she nodded and smiled. Then she climbed out of his lap and opened to say something but closed it again, looking down.

JungMin tucked his hand under her chin and lifted her head up to look into her eyes, “What is it Haily? What do you want?” he asked gently with an adorable smile.

She chuckled; “I can’t hide anything from you, can I?”
He smiled; “No… You can’t. I know you better than anyone else!”

“Well… I know it’s hard, and it might hurt you… but… will you?... I mean could you….” She stuttered.

“Say it girl!” Jung Min said.

“I want you to stand up… please!” she said quickly, “I’ll help you!”

Eyes wide open, Jung Min shook his head firmly; “What if I fall?”

“I’ll keep you from falling!” she said touching his face and smiling, “Please Min!”

Looking at her, he couldn’t say no, but then again he was scared of falling; “You won’t let me fall, right?” he pouted.

“I promise to hold onto you!” she smiled reassuringly.

       It was hard, but with Haily’s help and the wall beside them JungMin  finally stood up after struggling, leaning completely on the wall and holding her near; “What are you going to do now that I’m standing?” he asked, panting.

She leaned up and kissed him; “Just wanted to remember how tall you are when you’re standing!”

He smiled; “And how short you are!” he teased.

Pouting she said; “That, too!” a pause; “Jung Min?”

“Yes?” he asked.

She claimed his lips in a deep long kiss; “I love you honey!”

 

To be continued….