Shallow End Of A Dream Chapter 11

Shallow End Of A Dream

Chapter 11: Clannad

 

January 2024

 

       KyuJong was working in his room; since the day they had given up on living in the city and moved here, he and YoungSaeng decided to do their work and control their business from afar. It was four o’clock in the afternoon and everyone in the house was taking their afternoon nap, the home was in deep silence. Suddenly, he heard the baby crying in the next room, JungMin and Haily’s daughter.  After a while of non-stop crying he wondered why nobody cared; because usually when she cries she’ll stop soon after she was hugged or something. Quickly, he got to his feet and went to the room he heard the baby’s voice, he knocked on the door, when no one answered he opened it and found the baby on the big bed, alone. “She’s afraid.” He murmured and scooted to the bed then hugged her, he tried to calm her down, but it was useless.

       “Sing something to her, Kyu!” EunAh said with a quiet, voice. She was smiling at her brother trying so hard.

Hearing her voice he turned around; “Sing? But I don’t know what to sing to a crying baby, sis!” he stated helplessly.

“That’s your problem!” It was HyungJun’s sleepy voice, who was now standing beside EunAh and took her in his arms, “My wife’s coming with me, she needs to rest! Take care of the baby yourself, big boy!” he said grinning. They left. EunAh smiled at her poor brother and then wrapped her arms loosely around her loving husband’s neck, nuzzling into his neck. “You were so cruel to my brother HyungJun!” she said softly.

       HyungJun pressed his cheek against her head, then smiled and said; “He’s a big boy EunAh! Let him handle things on his own. Stop spoiling him.”

“I need to take care of him, he’s my little brother!” she pouted, looking up at HyungJun.

Entering the room he put her down on her feet then closed the door; “Honey! That little brother of yours is thirty-eight years old. Let him grow up.”

Narrowing her eyes, EunAh stared at HyungJun for a moment then smirked.

Bewildered, the young man looked at her then raised his brows in confusion, “What?... why are you looking at me like that?”

She smiled and hugged him close; “You’re being jealous!”

The younger man pouted; “No I’m not!”

“Yes you are! Don’t deny it because it’s written all over your face baby!” she chuckled then kissed him before going to their bed to rest again.

       So what if he was? Now that she knows it why not let it all out? All the frustration! All the pain! “If it is so obvious why you notice it now?” he murmured loud enough for her to hear, still standing in front of the door with his back to the door.

EunAh, caught off guard, turned around to look at him to see if he was serious or not, but the look on HyungJun’s face was indeed serious; “What are you talking about Jun? I was just kidding!” she stepped closer to him.

“About me being jealous! And I’m not kidding!” HyungJun stated, “I am jealous, it’s been so long!” he whispered.

EunAh put her hand on his shoulder, “Junie!” she didn’t know what to say, this whole thing was new.

“I am jealous because you’ve been taking care of him the past ten years non-stop. Because you never cared about me, about us, as much as you did care about him. Because while I needed your love and support you were by your brother’s side. EunAh… look at me… I exist… I need you … I need your love, care and attention.” HyungJun explained. “I know he’s your brother and he’s so precious to you, he is precious to me too, he’s just like a brother to me EunAH! I love him as much as you do, but honey you’ve got a family to take care of too! You’ve got children… we’ve got children. I know it’s hard to see the one you love in pain, I know how hard it was for you, but I couldn’t help it… I just got jealous!” he was looking down now cursing himself for being a child again. “I’m sorry!”

       EunAh stared at him, he was right. Now that he mentioned it, she was considering it all. During all these years she was just by Kyu Jong’s side and left her family. HyungJun took care of her and their children. She was always leaning on him and never once thought that maybe, maybe he may need her support too. She felt guilty. But KyuJong was her only brother and she loved him so much. All those things that happened to them years ago… it was just hard to let her brother go through all the pain alone, and again HyungJun was the one who was trying to understand her. “No! I’m sorry honey!” she hugged him, “I’m sorry I let you feel like this! I’m sorry I was not a good wife. I’m sorry Junnie!” she was now crying.

       Hearing the soft sobs, the young man held his wife, kissing her trying to calm her down. Then slowly he moved them both to the bed, placing her on his laps; “I’m sorry I made you cry baby. I shouldn’t have said those things. I’m sorry. Please, don’t cry.” He said, kissing her head and her face, holding her in his arms; “I love you and you’re the best.” He smiled at her. “The best wife ever!” he confirmed. “I was just being a child again. Sorry!”

“I love you, too!” EunAh said, kissing the corner of his mouth.

       HyungJun smiled and kissed her hot lips for a long time before letting go and breathing, but soon after a few quick breaths he kissed her again. It felt good, both of them whispering apologies and I love yous into the heated kiss.

They were in love, so they would just forgive and forget everything.

#################################################################################

       KyuJong cursed HyungJun for taking his sister away and leaving him all by himself; “Where the hell are those guys?” he said. “Sing something KyuJong… sing something a baby would like… sing….” He paused.

“I would sing this song to my children… it’s so beautiful, I can’t help loving it!” he remembered her smiling face when she said that. The memory brought tears to his eyes and he started to sing, tapping the baby’s back slowly and continuously;

“dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Dango, dango, dango, dango, a big dango family


dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Dango, dango, dango, dango, a big dango family

yancha na yaki dango yasashii an dango

The naughty fried dango, the kind red bean dango


sukoshi yumemigachi na tsukimi dango

The Mid-Autumn Festival dango tends to dream a little


osumashi goma dango yotsugo kushi dango

The prim sesame dango, the four dango on a skewer


minna minna awasete hyaku nin kazoku

Everyone, everyone comes together and it’s a family of a one hundred


akachan dango ha itsumo shiawase no naka de

The baby dango is always within happiness

 

toshiyori dango ha me wo hosometeru

The aged dango has its eyes narrowed


nakayoshi dango te wo tsunagi ookina marui wa ni naru yo

The chummy dango hold their hands together and make a big, round ring


machi wo tsukuri dango boshi no ue minna de waraiau yo

They build a town on the dango planet and everyone laughs together


usagi mo sora de te wo futtemiteru dekkai otsukisama

The rabbit is trying to wave in the sky; the huge moon


ureshii koto kanashii koto mo zenbu marumete

Is rounding up everything, happy things and sad things, too

dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Dango, dango, dango, dango, a big dango family


dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Dango, dango, dango, dango, a big dango family

 

He sang the song over and over again until she fell asleep in his arms.

“Hi KyuJong! Sorry… did she bother you?!” Haily said, rushing towards him and took the baby out of his arms and into the bed.

Wiping away the tears without Haily noticing he said; “Where have you been?!”

“Visiting my Doctor.” Jung Min answered; “Thanks for taking care of her, Kyu!”

“Anytime.” He said then left the room, he needed to be alone.

Looking at the older man leaving, JunMin sighed.

“What’s wrong honey?” Haily asked as she turned his wheelchair around to help him lie down on the bed and rest.

“He was crying again.” He said; “Do you think he can ever let it go?!”

“Sooner or later!” she answered and draped the blanket over his feet; “Rest!”

JungMin smiled at her; “Thank you!”

“You’re welcome dear.” She smiled back and kissed his cheek. 

       JungMin smiled when her lips brushed over his skin, then he took her hand and brought her to sit on his lap, he kissed her cheeks, her nose, her jaw then he made his way down to her neck and back to her ear, nipping at the ear he said grinning; “May I kiss you?!... as a thank you to my lovely wife for taking care of me?”

Unable to stop the moan that escaped , she blushed and shook her head; “The baby’s here… no!”

Touching her lips with his thumb, JungMin insisted; “It’s just a kiss!”

Knowing he would get what he wants, Haily gave in, tilted her head and kissed those hot, addicting lips. JungMin smiled into the kiss; “I love you Haily… so… so much!”

“I love you more, Min!” she whispered smiling. It felt so good to be together like this.

       After a long, deep kiss, Haily said against his lips; “We should move!”

JungMin smiled; “Yeah… we should!” but he wasn’t letting her go and she was not trying to move either.

“Min!” she moaned his name into the kiss.

“Hmm?!” he asked.

Haily leaned back, which caused JungMin to groan, “Stop it!” said she with a smile.

       Pouting, JungMin said; “Don’t want to… I want you to…” pressing her finger against his swollen lips, she whispered into his ear, lips brushing over the ear which sent shivers down his spine, “Rest now… we’ve got all night and I don’t want you to be tired then…” she smiled, leaned back and moved out of his embrace. He pouted again, “You’re a big tease, Haily!” she laughed; he smiled and laid down beside his lovely daughter to rest. He was really tired.

###################################################################################

       Back in his room, KyuJong sat beside his bed, hugged his knees and put his head against them then let the tears flood out of his eyes. It was hard, every single thing that reminded him of Nagisa, just hurt him so much. He loved her, and he was sorry he couldn’t tell her that. With the thoughts of her and her memories, he fell asleep.

He heard a soft sound echoing in his head;

Akachan dango ha itsumo shiawase no naka de…  toshiyori dango ha me wo hosometeru” she was singing the song.

“Nagi?!” he whispered.

“She liked the song you sang!” she said without looking back at him; “I loved it when you remembered my favorite song!”

“I miss you!” KyuJong said with a sad voice and tears in his eyes.

Turning around, she smiled; “I miss you, too!”

“I want to be with you again, Nagi!” he said, a tear rolled down his cheek.

She smiled and leaned forward, she put one hands on his shoulders and kissed the tear on his cheek before saying; “I’m always with you Kyu… we never really parted… I’m right here!” with that she put one hand on his chest over his heart.

       At the light touch and the sweet kiss on his cheek he closed his eyes and when he opened them again he was lying on the cold floor of his room.

He touched his heart and smiled; “I love you!” he whispered.

 

 

To be continued…