nine.

He’s Beautiful

kyū/ku.

 

getting worse are two words that do not fit my case at this moment

_______________

 

Even the cafeteria was quiet today, not lying it was peaceful for the two boys who sat at a table. One had his head lying on a shoulder while the other rested his head on the others head.

 

A chair was shifted over to let a wheelchair fit in by Baekhyun's chair that he was seated at. No food was placed on either of the boys trays on the table as they stared ahead.

 

Broken.

 

The sick boy couldn't digest anything anymore, only IV fluids were what kept him moving. 

 

Chanyeol traveled everywhere in a wheelchair now, his legs too weak to carry himself. So everyday in the month of August Baekhyun would wheel Chanyeol around the hospital rooms while telling little jokes here and there. 

 

They mostly talked about their future. Chanyeol would talk with his raspy voice on how Baekhyun would go to Fiji and visit Hawaii and marry a nice handsome man that would smile and treat him so perfectly.

 

Baekhyun would argue only to talk about how Chanyeol and him would live in Fiji together, adopt a boy and girl and raise them like their own. Then they'd retire at the age of sixty after long years of work. They'd go swim in the lakes and rivers and watch all of the waterfalls they could. 

 

Baekhyun's heart broke more everyday that past, seeing Chanyeol's rip cage in, cheeks become more hallowed, eyes turned red. Chanyeol always complained how his legs ached and his arms would bloat at night.

 

The doctor said he had a few months, if that. After six years of being locked up in the hospital, he'd be free of care. Of worry.

 

Of pain.

 

Baekhyun cried every night after Chanyeol fell asleep holding his hand.

 

Even when Baekhyun would stare, he would always think Chanyeol was beautiful.

 

The days got closer and time slips from their fingertips.

 

"Will you forget me?" Chanyeol asked from his position on the bed. His eyes were slightly shut with his oxygen mask below his chin.

 

His lungs were giving out. 

 

Baekhyun shook his head with glossy eyes.

 

"I could never forget you," conjuring up the best smile he could, Chanyeol slowly closed his eyes.