five.

He’s Beautiful

go.

 

i wish you the best 

________________

 

 

"He liked chocolate cookies a lot. I used to make fun of him for it but now, every time i see a chocolate cookie I think of him."

 

The worker smiled at the male they had just met. His name was Kim Minseok who lost his husband a few years ago from skin cancer.

 

On his side Chanyeol had already known the couple from years of experience and due to being friends with the departed husband.

 

"It's beautiful what the both of you had between one another."

 

 

Minseok smiled contented, brushing his hair back with his rough fingers.

 

The said male glanced down at the cookie on his lips before he felt his heart throb.

 

"I miss him everyday...h-he was the love of my life."

 

Baekhyun scooted closer to wrap his arms around the broken male who's voice had started to crack.

 

Both of the boys were too engrossed in conversation to notice how Chanyeol started to rub his elbow and knees. 

 

They didn't see him shaking either.

 

The hospital's cafeteria was begging to crowd again, like any other day with nurses on their break and families praying at tables.

 

 Before goodbyes could be traded, Minseok smiles lightly at Baekhyun. The topic of his late husband crazing their tongues like smoke at a bar. 

 

"I regret a lot of things in my life and some i won't ever forgive myself for," 

one tear ran down his cheek,

 

 

"but i'll never forget how i wasn't there, by his side when he died."