one.

He’s Beautiful

ichi.

 

please make our patient feel as much happiness as he can

_______________

 

Jongin walked along the path of stones with Baekhyun to the hospital. It was Baekhyun's first day on the job at his new work, or hobby he likes to call it. The hospital came into view for the two as their pace seem to fasten upon reaching the doors of the hospital. 

 

Jongin let Baekhyun go first since he knew he was excited for what was to come that day. The lobby of the medical place was a smell filled with cotton balls and alcohol, it baffled Baekhyun a little bit, thinking they could at least put some good smelling candles or air fresheners in the room to at least make it smell homier.

 

"My name is Byun Baekhyun, and i'm here for the job to help cancer kids." Baekhyun smiled at the lady working at the desk, her hair pulled into a tight bun so her hair wouldn't get in her face as she worked day long shifts. 

 

Jongin looked over at the other women to register himself too, for his boyfriend that's awaiting in his medical room. "I'm going to go see Kyungsoo okay? Tell me how it goes when your shift is over." Baekhyun nodded at his friends words, silently praying Kyungsoo gets discharged soon for his recovering from a couple blood clots in his legs and arms.

 

"You are all set sweetie, Dr.Jung will assist you on who your patient is today." Baekhyun smiled at the lady after a quick bow, following his gaze to a cheerful looking man in a long white doctors coat. After clipping on his badge of identification, that the lady kindly gave him, he went up to the said doctor to see who his very first patient was. 

 

"Ah Mr.Byun! Been expecting you!" Dr.Jung nicely patted Baekhyun's shoulder, leading him towards the elevators so they could go to the third floor of the hospital. "Hello sir." Baekhyun was beyond happy for what he was going to do for these kids, he wanted to make them happy, to let them feel joy when they're going through this hard patch. 

 

"Is this your first time helping out cancer patients?" Dr.Jung looked at Baekhyun with curiosity in his eyes. The button that read a number three was soon pushed, the elevator moving upwards to the third floor.

Baekhyun nodded his head at the doctor's question, he really wasn't nervous, he was more beaming with excitement more than anything. 

 

"You'll do great! Well any who, on to your first patient." A clip board the doctor had been holding was now being looked through, trying to find Baekhyun's name and patient of the day. 

"Here you are," Baekhyun smile got brighter, he was about to here his first patients name,"Park Chanyeol is your patient today in room 311." 

 

The elevator doors opened without a sound, Baekhyun nodded his head fast, already on his way to his first patients room. "308, 307? No, over here." The pink haired boy struggled some with the door numbers, taking a few wrong turns till he made it to room 311.

The door was closed with a name taped with Park Chanyeol in sharpie, joy filled his lungs. Here he goes. 

 

Turning the knob of the hospital room door, it opened easily, revealing a room of posters and cd cases stacked from one corner and some in another. But most importantly there laid his first patient named Chanyeol. The male looked tall in the bed, his feet meeting the end of it while his head was sitting atop of the bed railing. 

 

A nurse was currently giving him a shot in the arm, just before she refilled his medication for his daily dose Chanyeol seemed to know the smaller's presence, looking at Baekhyun for a while. 

"Nice hair." Chanyeol commented to the younger after the nurse left. Baekhyun laughed and pulled his hair gently.

 

"I know right? The lady doing it said all of the girls will be at my side since they love pink." Baekhyun sat down in chair by Chanyeol's bed. Chanyeol looked at the smaller's hair a little longer, raising an eyebrow before he made a 'tsk' noise. 

"And you actually believe her?" This time Chanyeol lightly snickered at the male sitting at his side while Baekhyun complained on how it didn't look that bad. 

 

"I look in the mirror every morning i know what i look like!" Chanyeol nodded his head at that statement and sighed. His gaze landed on the blinds of his room.

"Are you here to tell me i'm going to die soon?" 

Baekhyun's eyes widened, for a moment he forgot what Chanyeol's mind was probably thinking. 

 

"N-no. I'm not a doctor, i'm here to make you feel happy." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in disbelief. 

Baekhyun's smile was so bright it almost made Chanyeol want to smile too. But he didn't.

 

"I would rather not feel something that's not going to last."