Just Why

Real and not Pretend : Book 1 — The Genesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Urgh that tastes so ing bad." Jennie says, slamming the shot glass on the glass table as she winces when the liquor slides down .

 

"Unnie, you will seriously break the table." Rosé says in worries.

 

"Meh. Another one." Jennie says towards the quiet eldest who then fills the glass once again.

 

"Unnie, she's going to get drunk. Enough already."

 

"Let her. I know her, she won't talk unless she gets really tipsy." Jisoo says, eyes eyeing and observing the blabbering Jennie who complains yet again.

 

"Can't she just tell us without getting drunk like this?" Rosé continues to voice out her disapproval in a small voice.

 

"You'll see. She's close."

 

 

Few more shots and Jennie's head is now resting on the glass table with Rosé grabbing the shot glasses and the empty bottles of soju, Jennie just reached her limit and all they have to do now is to wait for Jennie to speak out. She only had 7 shots in total and she's immobile, that's what you get when your alcohol tolerance is low.

 

 

Rosé's busy making a coffee for the intoxicated Jennie at the kitchen after cleaning the table when she starts talking her emotions out.

 

 

 

"It hurts. It ing hurts." Jennie usually doesn't swear unless she's intoxicated. Everything that she's hiding will be out and exposed to the world once she starts talking that's why she refused to drink if her friends aren't around, especially Jisoo.

 

"My chest felt like being ran by a truck over and over again. I couldn't breathe." she continues, eyes close and head still on the table.

 

"I don't even understand why I am feeling this. I mean, she could get whoever she wants but why the does it hurt so bad?"

 

 

Rosé came back from the kitchen and place a newly brewed coffee a few inches away from Jennie's head, Iced Americano for Jisoo and a lemon juice for her own.

 

 

"What did she say?" Rosé whispers and answered by a low hush from the older one.

 

"What is this? Why am I feeling this? I don't know. I don't know." Jennie murmurs under her breathe, still not moving from her spot which made the youngest of the three to sigh.

 

 

 

She may be a novice in this field but she's not blind nor insensitive to not know what's currently happening. Jennie, the woman she looks up to because of her intelligence and toughness in a lot of things and in anyway possible is right there in front of her, intoxicated, vulnerable and confused. It pains her to see her like that, it was just like a mirror of her best friend when she's still in Australia.

 

Yes, Rosé knew. She knew all along. Those glances and stares that Lisa had towards Jennie, her smooth way of escaping from a situation that involved Jennie and Mark wasn't really that smooth to her, when Lisa ignored Jennie after quite a while of moping around, when Lisa stared at Jennie when she sang a phrase of her line during her first major play - yes she saw everything and it takes only two pieces for her to solve the puzzle. Her best friend fell in love towards Jennie in the most unexpected situation in their lives, it's a love that emerged in a wrong time.

 

She wasn't really the type of person to meddle into things and situations that don't need to be disturbed so she preferred stepping back and will wait for the right timing to get in and be apart with it and to see Jennie like this hurt her. She'd witnessed it again, just a different person in a different day, month and year.

 

Why must things have to be always against them?

 

Rosé is religious but for her, love is love in whatever gender that comes with it.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo sighs, she hates seeing her best friend like this. Just why things had to be this messy and complicated now that Jennie's slowly coming in terms and somehow labeling her feelings towards the youngest in France. Just why now?

 

Sad thing is that she can't do anything about it because it would be so selfish for her to stop Lisa from what makes her happy. She's one of the few witnesses of her struggles when it comes to dealing with her feelings towards Jennie, she'd witnessed every single hardship and pain that Lisa had to go through throughout the past couple of months - now she'd finally moved on, she can't just drag her back, they can't be that selfish.

 

 

 

Jennie must've heard the sigh that she mirrored it with her own. "I don't know. Chaeyoung-ah, unnie. Help me. Why am I feeling this? What is this?" did not even dare to lift her head up, it's too heavy to do so.

 

"From scale 1 to 10, how painful it is?"

 

Her eyebrows furrowed. "8.5"

 

"Are you jealous?" all these questions are coming from Jisoo.

 

"..."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter