AFTERLIFE

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AFTERLIFE

He’s sitting a few tables away, his eyes fixated on her.

She was brewing coffee. She took a whiff of the coffee smell and smiled, feeling satisfied. She turned around and served it to her customer, not forgetting to greet them happily.

He can’t help but lifted a smile. Her smile was what he loved about her, not to mention her personality as well – she’s always bright and cheerful. This was one of the reason why the café was so popular. Most customers who came in were charmed by her – especially the male customers. There would always be at least 1 guy who would ask for her name or her number each day.

The first time he saw it happened, he stood up, wanting to scare the guy away, but before he could do it, she rejected the guy with a simple sentence – she had a boyfriend and she doesn’t want her boyfriend to misunderstand.

He felt dejected every time he heard her say that. It always reminded him that she would never be his. But he’s happy for her. As long as she’s happy, he’s happy.

***

He saw how he treated her, and he knew the guy was very deeply in love with her. He knew, because he was once in his position before.

He knew the guy was a good man. He knew, because he had been looking after her for 3 years after all. During these 3 years, the man was always making her smile, always taking care of her, always putting her as his first priority – which was very rare for a man like him. He was a very busy lawyer, having to meet up with his clients, and also managing his own law firm. Most men in his position were always putting work as their priority, but not him.

He saw her getting in his car, knowing they were heading straight to her apartment as he was familiar with her routine. He closed his eyes and opened it after a few seconds, reaching his destination.

He waited for 20 minutes, and heard the sound of the keys. The door o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter