HOME

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOME

Victoria stepped out of the airport. She looked around the area. Everything’s the same.

She took a deep breath. Dragging her luggage with her, she gestured her hands to hail a cab.

***

Earlier…

“I’ll miss you.” Krystal said as she hugged Victoria.

“I’ll miss you too.” She said as she released the hug.

“If only Siwon wasn’t such a two-timing jerk-”

“Hey. It’s not really his fault.” She said, defending him a little.

That day when she went to the hospital to find Siwon, she overheard his conversation with Sooyoung. At first, she doesn’t want to believe what she had overheard. But when she heard that conversation, she actually felt relieved, like a baggage thrown off her chest, which made her more certain about her decision to break off the engagement.

Siwon was so shocked when Victoria mentioned to break up, so in his haste, he admits everything. He and Sooyoung slept together, and it was a one-time thing. He was drunk and high when his friends decided to celebrate his engagement. He doesn’t remember a thing after rounds of drinking, but when he woke up, he was already bare from head to toe, on the bed together with Sooyoung.

But Victoria isn’t mad about this. She told him that even if this didn’t happen, she would still make the same decision. She had to go back.

She knew firmly that her heart already belonged to someone else, and until now it still belongs to the same man. Although it’s true that she loved Siwon, the love she had for him doesn’t compared to the love she had for the man who holds her heart. To be honest, she doubts her love for Siwon at one point.

She told him the truth about the reason behind her decision, and surprisingly, Siwon accepts to break off the engagement.

“Even if he didn’t make that mistake, I will still break up with him.” Victoria said. She had told Krystal everything too. After all, Krystal has been her best friend here.

“Yeah, I know.” Krystal said, still feeling sad that her best friend is leaving. “Promise me you’ll come back and visit okay?”

“I promise.”

***

“Thank you.” She said to the cab driver after he took out her luggage from the trunk. She turned towards the building. Riverside apartment. It’s been 3 years since she was here. She dragged her luggage and go through the main door.

She pressed the button and wait for the elevator. While she was waiting, she heard a familiar voice called out to her.

“Are you… Victoria?”

She turned towards the voice. She smiled as she saw who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter