REMINISCE

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

REMINISCE

Her heart was beating rapidly. Her hands were sweaty due to anxiety. She clenched her fists and took a deep breath, preparing herself.

“Ready?” Mrs. Horvejkul asked as she put her hand on Victoria’s back.

Victoria nodded her head. She follows Mrs. Horvejkul’s lead, and walks into the room.

***

The Day Before

“Oh honey… Nichkhun’s not here.”

She was beyond shock. She knew that she had to prepare herself for the worse, but she was holding onto a little hope, hoping that he’s still around.

“Is he… Is he… not around anymore?” She choked on her words. Unable to control her emotions, her tears started to fall.

Mrs. Horvejkul took her hand and gently soothes her, “No, honey. He’s still around. Let me get you a cup of tea first. You have to calm down before I tell you about it.”

***

“I’ll give you some alone time with him.” Mrs. Horvejkul said. She closed the door behind her.

She leaned back against the closed door.

I have faith in you, Nichkhun. Victoria’s back… and I hope she can guide you back to us.

***

The whole room was quiet. The only noise in the room was the beeping sound from the heart monitor. She walked towards him, unable to take her eyes off him. Her tears began to fall as her heart breaks seeing him in this state.

“He’s in coma for 3 years. The doctor can’t be sure when he will wake up.” She remembers Mrs. Horvejkul words from the day before.

You’ve been in coma for 3 years… and have been taking care of me in another way. She thinks back to her dreams of him for the past 3 years. She holds onto his hands, trembling.

“You’ve always been there for me,” She whispered to him. She gently his head. “Now, it’s my turn. I’ll always be here for you. Nichkhun, please, hang on.”

She plants a kiss on his cheek.

“I love you.”

***

 “After 6 months… He still hasn’t woken up.”

“Have faith in him, Vic. He will wake up one day. I know he will.” Junho said, trying to comfort her.

Junho had known Nichkhun since high school. He knew how much Nichkhun loves her. He remembers how Nichkhun would talk about her all the time before they got together. He remembers the funny and silly ways that Nichkhun used just to get her attention. He remembers how jealous he was, whenever a guy approached her and talked to her.

Unlike his previous girlfriends, Nichkhun was serious about Victoria. He wasn’t a player, but he doesn’t have stronger feelings for his ex-girlfriends as compared to the feelings he has for Victoria.

That’s how much Junho knows him. He is his best friend after all.

He believes that Nichkhun wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter