CRUELTY

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CRUELTY

“Please…”

Victoria was shaking. Her tears fell uncontrollably. She was now outside of the operation theatre, praying hard for him.

She was scared. She doesn’t want to lose him.

About an hour ago, she was shocked when she came out and heard the mono beep sound. When she realised it was coming from his heart monitor, she quickly pressed the emergency button and went out to call for a doctor.

“Please… Nichkhun… Please… Don’t leave me behind…” She keeps praying, hoping her prayers will be answered.

“Vic!” Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul called and rushed over to her.

“Mrs. Horvejkul…” Victoria cried as she hugged Mrs. Horvejkul. “Nichkhun… He… His heart… His heart just suddenly stopped beating… I’m scared, Mrs. Horvejkul… What if…”

“Vic…” Mrs. Horvejkul started to cry after looking at Victoria’s current state. She gently soothes her. “I believe he will be okay, Vic. I’m his mother, and I know him well. He will definitely be okay. He will wake up for us.” Mrs. Horvejkul said, even though she was scared herself too. Seeing Victoria like this, she knew she have to be strong for her. She knew what Victoria had gone through, having to feel the pain to lose both her parents at a very young age. She likes Victoria since the first time Nichkhun brought her home, and has treated her as if she’s her own daughter.

“Trust me, Vic. He will definitely be okay.”

***

“You’ve scared me.” Victoria said as she holds onto Nichkhun’s hand.

Few hours ago

The light of the operation theatre was switched off. All of them rushed over as Junho walked out of the operation theatre. “Junho, is my son ok?” Mr. Horvejkul asked.

Junho took off his mask and nodded his head. “Mr. Horvejkul, yes, he’s alright. But he needs to be in the ICU for a few days for closer observation.”

Relief rushes over to them, though Victoria’s tears won’t stop falling.

“You have scared your parents too. How can you do that to us, huh?” She said, gently his cheeks.

She lands her lips on the back of his hand, “I love you, Nichkhun.”

As she said that, she felt his finger moved. She felt a gentle grip on her hand that was holding his. “Nichkhun?” She said as she felt another movement from him again.

She quickly rushed out and called for the nurse.

***

“Hey bro.” Junho said as he examined Nichkhun. He was happy that his best friend has finally woke up from his long slumber. “Can you hear me?”

Nichkhun looks at Junho and nods.

“Good.” Junho said and gently pats on his shoulder. “It’s been so long, Nichkhun. Vic will be so happy to see you.”

“Vic?” Nichkhun said, his voice hoarse.

“Please get him a glass of water.” He instructs the nurse. “And also let his girlfriend in.”

“Nichkhun!” Victoria rushed over to Nichkhun after receiving the good news from the nurse. “I’m so happy… so happy that you have woke up.”

“Told you Vic will be happy to see you.” Junho said, feeling happy for them. He looked at Nichkhun and his smile slowly fades.

“Nichkhun? Are you okay?” He asked, seeing Nichkhun looking so shocked and puzzled.

“Junho…” Nichkhun said. He gently eases his hand away from Victoria, “Who is she?”

 “What?” Junho was really surprised at what Nichkhun said. “Don’t tell me…” Junho had his suspicion, but he’s still hoping that his friend was just pranking them.

“Nichkhun…” Victoria looked at him. “You don’t remember me?”

***

“Nichkhun had selective amnesia.” Junho told Victoria. “He still has most of his memories but…” He trailed off as he looked at Victoria.

“But me.” Victoria finished the sentence. He remembers everything else except his memories of them together.

She snickers, can’t believe that he actually doesn’t remembers her. “He doesn’t remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter