PIECES

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PIECES

“It’s you. What a surprised! I didn’t know you’re coming today.” She said as she makes way for him to come in.

“Morning,” He pulls her in and gave her a quick kiss. He then walked in and to the kitchen counter and put down the paper bag that he was holding. “Krystal told me you were feeling stressed out lately. I’m really sorry for not realising that you felt that way.”

“Oh no, she was exaggerating. I’m just tired.”

“You sure?” He asked, while taking out the contents of the paper bag. She walked towards him and hugged him from behind, “Yes, I’m sure. Just really tired lately. But I’m happy that I have you.”

He smiled and turned around. He hugged her back. “I’m happy too.” He said and gives her a peck on her forehead. “Well, I brought your favourite breakfast, let’s eat. And, let’s go on a date after this.”

Her ears perked when she heard what he said.

“Okay!”

***

“Wow!” She said and stretched out her arms. “It’s been so long since we came here.” She closed her eyes, feeling the sea breeze from the wind. She felt someone embracing her from the back.

“Do you like it?”

Huh? She froze. She was surprised when she heard a voice – not her fiancé’s voice, but a very familiar voice.

“Vic?” Siwon called her, feeling her froze from his hug. “Are you alright? Is there something wrong?” He turned her around.

“Huh?” She asked, didn’t really heard what he said earlier. Then she remembered the question. “Oh, I like it.” She said. Perhaps I heard wrongly. There isn’t anyone else except Siwon.

“What?” Siwon asked, confused with her answer.

“Hmm? I thought you asked me whether I like it?” She looked at him and saw confusion in his eyes. Then, she knew she didn’t imagined it. She really did hear another voice.

“No…” He said, looking at her. “I asked if you were alright? You were spacing out earlier.”

“Oh… Yeah! I’m fine!” She exclaimed, not wanting her fiancé to worry. She held out her hands and clasp it with her fiancé’s. “I’m enjoying too much to not hear what you say.” She said, trying to sound like it’s a teasing. She dragged him towards a restaurant by the pier.

“Come on, I’m starving!”

***

“Oh my god! I missed this!” She exclaimed as she took a mouthful of the soup. She loved the soup here, and will always order the exact same soup every time she was here. The last time she came was months ago.

“Slow down, silly.” He said, and chuckled at her excitement over a dish. He knew she loved this restaurant and not to mention her infamous favourite soup. “I’m glad that I brought you here.”

“You know I will love wherever places you brought me to.” She said and smiled at him. What she said was the truth. She doesn’t mind going wherever he brought her, as long as she gets to be with him.

“I know, that’s why-” he stopped mid-sentence as his phone started ringing. He took his phone and answered the call. “Hello?”

“Is it serious?”

“What!? Then why didn’t you call earlier!?!”

“Ok I’ll be right there.”

He sighs, and looked at her, “I’m sorry, there’s an emergency in the hospital-”

“Yeah, I know.” She said. From what she heard him said throughout the phone call, she can already guess that it’s an urgent work call.  “Go on ahead. I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter