007: Time To Love

Courting Ms. Bae & Ms. Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday, 11AM.

 

"Hey Seul." The short girl greets while driving away from her school. "Can I ask you a favor?"

 

"Sure. What is it though? Because I think you know I prefer chocolate than vanilla."

 

The brunette blinks confusedly. "What?"

 

"Oh were you asking for my favorite flavor? It's either chocolate or Red flavor."

 

Seungwan mentally facepalmed. "No, no, Seul. That's not what I meant."

 

"Oh then are you asking for a FAVOR?"

 

"Uh yeah, if that's okay with you."

 

"Okay shoot it woman."

 

"Is it okay if I can't go to your house again? I got to go. Dad called me and said I should attend this meeting." Seungwan feels slightly nervous. Anxious even after receiving a phone call from the CEO of one of the most successful companies in Asia, it was none other than her father. He barely calls Seungwan to attend an urgent meeting like this and it got her feeling quite restless. 

 

The other girl on the line sighed. "Problems with the company again, I suppose?"

 

She her chapped lip for a second. "I hope not. But it's really urgent. I can't attend Mr. Yoo's class for today. Cover me up will ya?"

 

"Sure thing. I got your back." She exhales in relief. "But someone's looking for you though."

 

"Who?"

 

"I don't know. She looks really familiar. Maybe one of your exes plotting to kill you." Seulgi joked from the other line. Seungwan laughed softly at her bestfriend's statement. 

 

"You'll save me, right?" She grins when she heard Seulgi snorting loudly on the phone, muttering a 'You wish' to the latter.

 

"Hey dude, I have to hang up. Mrs. Park just entered and it's hell here." It wasn't a lie though, Seungwan could hear Seulgi's classmates howling and screaming while Mrs. Park spat fire. And the 'KANG SEULGI! KEEP YOUR PHONE OR ELSE I'LL THROW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW!' boomed in her ears. She cackled when Seulgi replied 'YEAH LIKE HELL YOU'D BUY ME A NEW ONE! YA'LL CAN'T EVEN AFFORD AN IPHONE!' 

 

Welp, guess Seulgi has her demonic side as well.

 

"BYE SEUNGWAN!" Before the said girl could even respond, the call ended. Seungwan snickered and drove to her father's office.

 

 

Friday, 1PM.

 

'freaking lazy teachers who knows nothing but to give tons of lectures to write when we have textbooks.' Yeri cursed internally, plotting ways on how to ditch classes like the pro she is. But then suddenly remembering that she'll be able to see Saeron in her last class. So no, not today. She crumpled the piece of paper (containing doodles she made when the whole class were writing while she hides under her table) and throws it at a bin nearby. She has atleast 45 minutes until her next class and Yeri took this chance to go and sleep, in the library of course. 

 

Making her way through the halls, she passed by the practice room of the dance club. The booming sound of a famous korean girl group song echoed through the empty hall. She peeks inside, finding the school's dance troupe and Seulgi practicing really hard. Ah yes, the dance competition is in less than a week. Yeri gapes at them. Because hey, they are almost legendary with those god-like moves. 

 

Not realizing the performance had ended, Yeri continued to be awestruck. Damn, she's too damn sure that they'll win this time around. Seulgi clapped her hands, Yeri found herself clapping too. "Oh Yerim-ah, what brings you here?" 

 

"I was bored. And I have alot of time to waste so I dropped by." Yeri hands her a bottle from the table. She does drop by most of the times and she would just watch. "I guess we'll be bringing home the bacon now." 

 

Seulgi giggles, "Of course we will. We worked twice as hard for this. Right guys?" Her other members cheered. Mhm, show them how gods do their thing.

 

Yeri grins as a response. She noticed how Seulgi turned quite shy (?) for a brief second. Scratching her temple, she mutters "So are you going to help me?"

 

The younger quirks a brow in question. "Help you with what?"

 

Seulgi pouts, "You don't remember? Geez. I meant about helping me get into the theatre club because of Joy." 

 

"Wait what? You were serious?" Yeri gasps, first of all, Seulgi is already in the dance troupe. Second, does she even know how to act? "I thought you were joking."

 

"Me, joking?" She snorted. "Since when do you even guys consider my jokes as a joke?"

 

"You're right." Then something flickers inside Yeri's head. "Wait, hold up. Let me get something." She rummaged inside her bag and plucked out a few pieces of paper. "This is a script, obviously. I help her run through her lines every Friday night at her house but lucky you, I am busy for tonight." Yeri placed them on Seulgi's hand, the owner eyeing it uneasily. "And you my dear unnie, will replace me."

 

"Uhm, what exactly is my role?" The bear inspects the paper on her paws. "The male lead. Joy unnie would tell you. I'll inform her later about the sudden switch." Yeri gasped as her eyes landed on the wall clock above the mirror. Indicating that she only has less than ten minutes before her next class starts. Just how long did she stay here? "I gotta ditch ya unnie, class would be starting soon."

 

The unnie grins, "Glad that you've stopped cutting classes though." 

 

Yeri laughs. "I don't wanna end up like you and Wan-unnie." She pats the older on the arm, "Ciao woman!"

 

Making her way through the halls, a smirk is plastered on her face. Just a little push, we're getting there.

 

Friday, 12NN

 

Seungwan straightened her navy suit, fixing her hair before making her way to her father's office. A middle-aged man, Mr. Choi, as Seungwan remembers greets her with the widest grin he could ever muster. "Ms. Seungwan! Fancy seeing you here again! Here to attend a meeting?" 

 

She greets him back with the same warmth before sending a curt nod. Mr. Choi escorted her through the elevator, punching the last number. "Do you have an idea what this meeting is about, Mr. Choi?"

 

"I'm sorry Ms. Seungwan, it's confidential. Probably family matters for you to discuss. Ms. Seunghee is already upstairs along with your mother. But I've also heard from Mr. Son himself about a visitor from the Kim Corporation." Seungwan heaved a deep sigh, running a shaky hand through her blonde locks. "Mr. Son is retiring soon, I'm pretty sure this is what you're about to discuss."

 

"Thank you Mr. Choi." The latter smiles. "If this is about passing over the company to me then.. then.. I don't know anymore." 

 

Mr. Choi gave her a pat on the shoulder. "I'm sure you'll do well. You've handled the company once and I've been there. I've seen you improve so much the last time your dad lets you handle the company." The elevator jerked to a stop and the doors opened. "Good Luck Seungwan!" 

 

She looked back and grinned at him. "Thanks. Pretty sure I needed that." He gave her a last laugh before he disappeared behind the doors. She feels her hands being clammy. Her father had always been the strict one. He worked hard for his family and didn't fail to show Seungwan that she has a loving father. He takes her and her sister to campings, fishings and other outdoor activities that Seungwan enjoys. He would sing them to sleep, cook them delicious food, carry them around and that made Seungwan feel very special. Her parents had always been supportive. Seungwan loved them for that.

 

But once her father enters his building, he changes. He'd still be nice, but there's a barrier. Professionalism is a must. The reason for Seungwan's anxiety. Her legs wobbled with every step she takes. Once in front of his office, she took a deep breath. She opens the door and sees her father, sister and mother casually laughing. "Seungwan! You're here!"

 

Suddenly, all she could feel was warmt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter