010: Oh Boy

Courting Ms. Bae & Ms. Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy finds herself walking side by side by Jisoo, hands deep in her pocket after the family gathering. It makes them relieved knowing that it's only a simple catching up kind of gathering and not like the usual business meeting that they attend to most​ of the time. She finds peace finally, letting herself feel relaxed as the moon casts it's light above them.

 

Jisoo was the first to break the silence, carefully choosing her words. "I'm really glad you came, Wendy."

 

The other just smiles. "You said that for the fifth time this night."

 

A soft giggle erupts from the younger, "Sorry. It's just that I thought you hated me and really, I didn't expect you to forgive me that easily."

 

"I'm not that cold-hearted, Jisoo. Out of all people, you should know this." She scoffs, earning her a squeaked 'sorry'. "I can't hate you. I know you had a reason, and I tried to understand. I had to understand."

 

"I'm really sorry.."

 

"Hey, hey. Tell that to Seulgi."

 

Jisoo's eyes widened, "Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about her! I must visit her next time. Ugh, this is your fault unnie!"

 

She laughs, "Why is it my fault?"

 

"You made me forget about her!"

 

"How is that my fault?" She laughs even more when Jisoo glared at her. Cute. She reminds her of a certain grumpy grandma. "You need a check-up, grandma. Your memory is slowly losi-- OW WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"

 

Crossing her arms, she continued to glare at Wendy. "Serves you right, you bully."

 

"I ain't a bully."

 

"Pft, yeah right." Jisoo rolls her eyes playfully. "Anyways, dad said i'll be staying back here for good. I'll be studying in your school."

 

They began walking again. "That's great!"

 

"And you, Miss Shon," The younger points her index at Wendy with a playful glint in her eyes. "Will be my personal bodyguard!"

 

Wendy faked a gasp and dramatically placed her hands above her chest, "Really Ms. Kim? I'm so honored!" They both erupted into soft giggles at their stupid antics. Wendy speaks up after, "I'm sure Seulgi will be delighted to talk to you again."

 

"I hope so. I wish she's not mad at me for suddenly disappearing."

 

Wendy frowns, "She isn't. But you made her cry."

 

"As if I didn't cry!" Jisoo counters back with her lips jutted out into a pout.

 

"Stop that Soo, it's not cute." Wendy fakes a gag and got slapped on the arm again.

 

I swear, I should've become a punching bag instead of being a human.

 

Their bickering came to a halt finally, with Wendy surrending to Jisoo because that woman can be really violent at times. "Any news about that cousin you're looking for?"

 

Jisoo shakes her head dejectedly. "No. No trace at all. It was as if she suddenly got erased in this world." She flails her arms to prove her point. "I mean, how can she not leave any trace?! I don't even know her name, where she lived and anything like that. I only know Uncle Suho."

 

"Wow that ." She comments.

 

"It's been ten years since uncle Suho died. His wife is still unknown and cannot be tracked down as well." She sighs, "All I want is to finally see my cousin again."

 

"I'm sure you'll find her, somehow. But hey, cheer up kid. We finally got to talk to each other again. That's important, for now."

 

They shared a smile, one that makes Wendy's hatred towards the younger disappear as if it never existed in the first place.

 

"Thank you."

 

Jisoo finally feels free. Oh boy, freedom is life.

 

 

a month ago..

 

Seulgi sighs for the nth time that evening. Her hand reaches for the doorbell, then placing it down again, contemplating her decision. Is it really necessary for her to go all the way here just to help Joy? Yes, very much. She almost crumpled the paper in her hold out of nervousness. Poor paper. After all the processing done, all the paper ends up as a crumpled printed paper. 

 

She shifts from one foot from another after hitting the bell twice. What should she say? Oh hey, I'm Seulgi! Or something? She drowned herself in her thoughts that she had not noticed the door swinging open to reveal Joy comfortably tucked in her ducky pajamas. Seulgi jerked in surprise, confusing Joy.

 

"Are you looking for Yeri?" She raises a brow to Seulgi and crossed her arms. Seulgi's gaze dropped on the metal plate next to the door, it has 'Park Sooyoung & Kim Yerim' engraved in gold. She hears Yeri screaming at the back of her head 'Stop being a wuss! This is a great opportunity!'

 

Quickly shaking her head and giving a nervous laugh, she shows Joy the script on her hand. "Yeri told me to help you with your lines. She said she couldn't make it today so she asked me a favour."

 

She feels her heart sinking when the taller girl only gave her a blank stare. Ah stupid Seul! I knew this was a bad idea. You don't even know how to act! She clears , "If you're uncomfortable with me, i'll just let Yerim know."

 

Joy only sighs and mumble under her breath that Seulgi didn't quite catch but the dorm owner lets her in anyway. "You already ate right? I don't have food except for these." She ushered Seulgi to sit on the couch as she placed cookies and fresh milk on the table. In all honesty, Seulgi quickly came here after her dance practice and hasn't eaten anything at all. Joy doesn't look like she ate too. Maybe ask her out for dinner Seul! That's the best idea. Ask her out after running through the lines.

 

The bear seems to enjoy munching on the cookies that she had not noticed Joy glaring at her. "What?"

 

"So you're only here to eat my cookies." She scoffs. "I should​ have known."

 

Seulgi hastily gobbles up the cookie and drinks her milk. "Of course not! Shall we start?"

 

"Okay, first of all," she stiffens when Joy leans forward from the single seater couch. "Do you even have any experiences with acting, Kang?"

 

The dancer visibly gulps and all the actress had to do was facepalm. "You don't. Great." She leans back.

 

"N-no, But I'm a natural."

 

"Oh really?" She lets out a small mocking laugh. "Let's see about that."

 

They eventually started the practice, with Seulgi silently dying inside and regretting as she now realized the plot of the story (being the poor slowgi bear that she is). Typical romantic chick flicks, totally not her type. And Joy's the lead actress-- and there are scenes here that are totally disgusting. Did Joy even agree to this? "When are you going to perform this?"

 

Joy merely glanced at her, "In a month or two."

 

Seulgi nods instead. She plays the role of the leading man, her face morphing weirdly, almost screaming disgust and horror at the same time. The other girl must have noticed as she releases a snort.

 

"W-what-- these scenes are ridiculous!"

 

"Are they?" She smirks. "Then go home bear, you're just wasting your time."

 

The older shuts her eyes and took a deep breath, looking straight into Sooyoung's eyes with newfound determination. Joy smiles in amusement. "Well?"

 

"Let me get this straight--" She sits properly, "You obviously know I'm here to impress you and I will stick to my words. I am going to court you. And I'll take ever opportunity to prove it to you I am worth it."

 

Joy snickers. She's had many suitors-- most of them being the cowardly type but Seulgi's different; she's too straightforward and blunt. She doesn't like Seulgi, she's a trouble maker, and she hates it. But she amuses her somehow and that's a plus for Seulgi. "Well, I guess that can't be helped then. You do your job, I'll do mine. Got it?"

 

And so the night ended with Seulgi learning more about acting than the actress herself.

 

And poor Seulgi, forgetting to ask Sooyoung out for a dinner.

 

Oh boy.

 

 

 

Seulgi became her personal practice dummy since Yeri resigned (gladly). They spent many nights bickering than practicing honestly but that's what made them closer. (With Seulgi's constant blunt replies and failed pick-up lines). It's been a month now and she can't help but feel nervous-- more nervous than the leading lady actually.

 

"Seul, chill man. I'm pretty sure you helped Joy a lot. You have to relax." Her short best friend says. The two of them sat outside Joy's little dressing room while waiting for Irene and Yeri inside, dolling the actress up for her play. "You're not the one acting, so what's getting your up in a bunch, hmm?"

 

Seungwan motions her to sit besides her, which she did. "I actually don't know. I wasn't really much of a help honestly, and that is what's making me anxious. What if she messed up?" She lets out a sigh.

 

The latter only gives her a comforting and reassuring pat on the back. "Trust Joy, she's better than you actually think."

 

"I hope so."

 

Just then, Irene came out with Yeri and Joy trailing behind her and arguing about something nobody really cares about. Or maybe we do. "Ugh I really hate Romeo & Juliet. It's so cliche and tragic! And here you are, dressed up as Juliet." Yeri exclaims while the taller only rolls her eyes. "If you weren't my cousin I wouldn't even be here in the first place."

 

"As if I even need your support. You can go home and stop being an eyesore." She retorts, crossing her arms. Irene hears Wendy snorting beside her, then gives the poor hamster a harsh nudge with a glare. 

 

"I'm not hear to support you, ugh, never in a million years." Seulgi remains clueless. "See this?" The maknae raised a camera, clicked on the capture button and taking a picture of a surprised hamster and bunny. A polaroid picture comes out then Yeri puts it in Wendy's front pocket. "This is a camera." Wendy snorts once more, trying hard not to laugh. Irene shot her another glare and immediately shuts up. Talk about being whipped. "I'm here to take pictures as per Mama Park's request. And videos as well." She takes out another camera then flashes it on the bear this time. 

 

Joy just scoffs. "Whatever. I'm going to ahead. You can go to your seats now." 

 

Irene nods. "Okaaay. Let's go Wan-ah!" She drags Wendy with her and disappears among the crowd. "Wait I have to buy a can of cola first!" Yeri shrugs, "I have to visit Saeronnie too. See you later Sluggie."

 

Seulgi was then left behind, clutching an unopened chocolate bar in her pocket that was supposed to be for Joy. Should I go after her or..? Ah whatever, man up Seul! She took big steps and turns into a corner almost bumping into one of the staffs. She doesn't see Joy anywhere. Does she usually walk this fast? "Have you seen Joy?" 

 

The man, Seulgi recognized to be Johnny, points to their left. "I'm pretty sure I saw her there earlier talking to Sungj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter