011: Light Me Up

Courting Ms. Bae & Ms. Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, I think I remember her." Yeri says once they sat down on a table near the oblivious duo still enjoying their time with another woman. They purposely chose a table so close to make their presence known (which didn't work out at all). 

 

She nearly jumped out of her seat when Irene and Joy snapped their heads toward her, their piercing gaze was enough to cut through glass and kill the poor squirtle in an instant. Their inner green devil is showing. "Who is that woman?" Oh Joy's voice is enough as well to make her pee in her own pants somehow. The devil is really powerful.

 

Yeri had always thought she's a powerful and superior devil, but I guess SooTan proves her wrong.

 

She racked her brain trying to remember who that familiar (at least to her) girl is. She swore she saw her before, but her last remaining brain cells are practically dying after her tests earlier. Blame it on her professors.

 

Saeron glanced at her girlfriend and gave her a little squeeze on the shoulder. "Please don't die yet."

 

"Satan's advocates are much scarier than I thought." Yeri whispers out with a small cry. 

 

Irene is stabbing the poor meat (she even ordered meat now, wow) with her fork while Joy crushed the chicken she loves the most with her bare hands (it hurts to see that). Well, life was amazing while it lasted. 

 

They watched Wendy go and get her own food, Seulgi returning first and holding her own meal. The pretty girl sits on her chair acting like the pretty princess she's supposed to be, which makes the two officers' blood boil in a way nobody could ever explain. 

 

"I have a plan." Yeri tells her baby boo. 

 

"What is it?"

 

"I'm going to find out whoever that woman is to spare my life." Saeron was hesitant at her idea at first, I mean, who else wants to see her own girlfriend with another person? Duh, no one. But due to the power Yeri has, she managed to get her 'Baby Rongrong' to agree.

 

And go she did. Seulgi immediately waves at her. "There's Yeri! Do you remember her? The little squirtle we used to bully when we were younger? Now she bullies everyone even us." She points accusingly at the approaching Yeri while rapping.

 

At her side, Wendy can be seen nodding furiously. "I can't believe we befriended satan's child."

 

"Excuse you, consider yourself lucky to have an awesome friend like me." They laughed when Yeri flips her hair to show how 'fabulous' she actually is. I'm sorry Ariana Grande, I only know Yeriana Grande.

 

"Ah she's Yeri right? The one that's a pink freak?" The familiar girl questions with a mocking laughter.

 

"Pink is life man! Stop laughing!" Poor Kim Yerim, now gets bullied. Oh the wonders of the world, very magical.

 

Wendy motions her to sit beside her, and so she did. "Do you remember her?" With a shake of the head, Wendy presses on further. "Kim Jisoo, does it ring a bell?"

 

Jisoo grins at her and all she knows is that she's similar to her own Irene unnie somehow. But of course Joohyun is the most beautiful goddess everyone has laid their eyes on. Even the prideful Joy agrees. 

 

"Oh, oh, oh IT'S YOU!" She squeals and jumps on her seat giddily. It seems as if she's having the time of her life after knowing the identity of the said woman. "You're Wendy unnie's--"

 

"Yes, Yes I was." She interrupts Yeri immediately. "Let's forget that." She giggles weirdly.

 

"But wait there's another one. Someone's missing." Wendy and Seulgi looked at each other. "The one that looks like a chipmunk and was Seulgi unnie's---"

 

"She's in Australia Yerm, let's not bother her." 

 

Yerim shrugs. "Okie dokie. So anyways,"

 

And so they spent more time together that the squirtle forgets her mission in the progress, adding more to her death wish. The unnies finally got enough and got agitated.

 

"I'm going there." The eldest practically slams her hand on the table and struts her way on the other two as if she's a queen. Joy and Saeron immediately follows. The poor Saeronnie feels betrayed since her own squirtle forgot about her mission and neglected her own baby.

 

Poor Yeri. 

 

"And then there's this dude in class that got-- oh hey Jwoi!" Poor Seulgi, doesn't know what will happen to her later. 

 

On the other hand, Seungwan is petrified. Irene's practically shooting daggers at her soul. Yerim too, she's dying as her soul flew away to Thailand to enjoy her beloved banana roti while her body rots. My baby Rongie, I have failed you.

 

It's funny to see them in Jisoo's point of view, the benefits of sitting at the middle. Yeri and Wendy looks as if they were teenagers caught watching and reading novels. (Seulgi would be confused, asking why would they watch baseball when the two were more of a soccer fan) Irene and Joy seems like they're ready to murder while Saeron had the look of betrayal. All the while, Seulgi was only grinning unaware of the wrath about to be unleashed.

 

"J-joohyun-ah.." 

 

"R-rongie..?" 

 

Uhuh, Jisoo's confused. Seulgi's still cheery. WenRi stutters.

 

They witnessed how Joohyun faked a sweet smile, too sweet that it's making Wendy shudder in her seat. Her eyes met the confused girl's, "Hello there, I'm Irene. Are you new here?"

 

Wendy gulps, even her voice is dripping venom. 

 

Jisoo glanced at Wendy for any sign, "Uh, yes. I'm Jisoo, Kim Jisoo." She reached her hand out for a handshake, only to be ignored by the goddess of peace as she met the petrified hamster's gaze. She remains smiling, but her eyes were burning. "Fancy seeing you here, Ms. SON. I believe you had somewhere to go to that you couldn't join us in our little meeting and forgot your promise?" Irene emphasizes her name, choosing to say her last name instead. And her promise to teach Irene a few english phrases went out of her head due to excitement.

 

"I-Irene I--" Poor Wendy, gets interrupted.

 

"Ms. Kang too! Oh my, I can't believe you've forgotten about Ms. Park Sooyoung over here." Seulgi tilts her head to the right. Let's hope her neurons are finally alive and kicking. 

 

Wendy opened to speak when Joy cuts her off, again. "I guess you won't be able to join us later. You three will have to take care of a transferee." She smiles sweetly-- well not really. "Let's go unnie, we're waiting for supposedly busy people. Saeron-ah?"

 

Saeron kept mum but shoots Yeri a sharp, piercing glare. It's Yeri's first time seeing her girlfriend disappointed and she felt guilty. She follows her two seniors and walked out the door like in the movies. 

 

Seulgi waved goodbye anyways. 

 

"Unnie! You should've stopped them!" Yeri cries out, hands now gripping her hair frustatingly. Wendy lets out an exasperated sigh. "Why are you blaming me?! Irene's going to skin me alive!"

 

"Are they mad? I don't remember doing anything wrong to Jwoi." Seulgi mumbled sadly. Jisoo only watched in amusement. "Me too Seul, I don't know too."

 

"They're jellies unnies!" Yeri exclaims. But it doesn't seem like they understood. "Ugh. Whatever. Now Saeron's mad at me." She proceeds to sulk on her chair and waits for the bell to ring, she has Theatre next with her as she takes this chance to talk to Saeron.

 

"They're one of the Student Council officers are they?" Jisoo asked with enthusiasm. Her classmate earlier had told them about how amazing the student government was and wanted to see them. She's honestly interested in joining since Jennie-- her new classmate that won't ever leave her side after being introduced to each other-- encouraged her to do so. Despite the cat-eyed girl being nosy and clingy, she found her very charming and quickly became her friend.

 

Yeri nods. "Irene unnie's the president. Joy unnie's the Vice. They're the most powerful students around so I suggest you not to mess with them."

 

But oh well, Jisoo might have a hard time.

 

"Kim Jisoo!" The three sulking friends got startled when their other buddy, usually the quiet and observant Kim Jennie starts yelling out Jisoo's name from the other side of the canteen. Wendy rolls her eyes. "What took you so long?!"

 

"Sorry, Lisa was being a pain in the again." She gives a short answer as she reached out for Jisoo's hand. "Let's go?"

 

Albeit quite bewildered, Jisoo questions her. "To where?"

 

"What do you mean where? To our next class dummy, it starts at five!"

 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO EARLIER?! QUICKLY LET'S GO!" The trio watched in amusement as Jennie the cool kid gets dragged away by their friend. "IT'S THAT WAY!"

 

"I should go after Saeronnie. She's mad and I failed her." Squirtle Yerim whines, picking up her things and scurrying off to the theatre club. The duo only sighs. "We still have another class. We can't just skip it and run after Irene unnie and Joy." Seulgi says.

 

"I guess we'll have to do it afterwards." Wendy frowns. "Let's go."

 

 

Wendy impatiently taps her foot on the ground as she stood outside Irene's last class for the day. She wanted to apologize for neglecting her and forgetting the promise. Irene seemed so mad, making Wendy feel so guilty. So she bought her a purple bunny keychain at a store inside their school. She actually thought of buying her roses instead but there weren't any purple available. Nothing else except the keychain. 

 

She smiles at everyone who passed by like the usual while awkwardly shifting from one foot to another. The clock read 3:45, just 15 more minutes Wen! You can do this! 

 

"Oh Wendy sunbaenim! What are you doing here?" Wendy faced the younger woman, immediately recognizing her as the sophomore that gave her the blue scarf on her birthday last year. 

 

"Ah, Mina-ssi. I was just waiting for Irene." The shy dancer gave her a warm smile before giving her a timid hug that Wendy reciprocates. "Will you be dropping by tomorrow to watch the dance club? The competition will be soon and.." Mina looks down and Wendy swore she saw pink on her cheeks. "I want you to see how it is. I-I mean-! S-seulgi-ssi and Momo-chan did the choreography with me."

 

And being the always kind senior she was, immediately agreed to her request. "Really?! You would do that?! Thank you!" And once again, Wendy finds herself in a hug. "N-no problem! Go home and take a rest, you will be needing it." She flashed a bright smile before the girl dashed off and squeals. Wendy wonders what got her so hyped up just by that simple request.

 

"You do have a lot of girls admiring you huh, no wonder." A random classmate of Irene (Wendy assumes because she came out of her classroom) walks past her, not before give her a tap on her cheek. (I mean, who does that anyway?) 

 

Soon after that, the students from her class went out, but Wendy sees Irene still in her seat and frowning at her phone. Is the grandma having a hard time with technology again? She sighs and enters the room, standing in front of the frowning president. "You know, a beautiful person like you shouldn't be frowning like that." Wendy grins, using her fingers to raise both sides of her lips. And being the jumpy person Irene is, almost jumps off the chair.

 

"Oh, it's you." It almost came out as a growl, scaring Wendy. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with that new kid? She's your priority." 

 

"Not mine. She's Kim Jennie's." She says. Irene only ignored her and chose to fix her things instead. Wendy sat beside her, her chin resting on her palm while staring at Irene like she always does. Despite Wendy's frequent stares, Irene finds herself melting under her gaze. It was as if for Wendy, Irene is her world, her everything. Words cannot define how much she adores Irene. 

 

"S-stop staring." Irene pushes Wendy's face with her hand, not wanting Wendy to have a glimpse of her suddenly reddening face. Gosh, why is it so hot in here?

 

Wendy would laugh at her being adorable and cute, then proceeds to ruffle her hair but instead, Wendy only continued to blankly stare at her. Irene bites her lip, looking away. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

With a sudden boost of confidence, she says. "Go out with me." 

 

Simple words yet Irene felt giddy inside. 

 

"W-what?" She stutters, surprised. 

 

Wendy clears . "I said, let's go out."

 

"O-out? L-like a date or something?"

 

Feeling slightly embarrassed, Wendy gave a nervous laugh instead, her confidence fading into thin air. "Uh, n-no. I-i mean outside the c-classroom s-since it's dismissal t-time you know?"

 

Goddamn it Wendy, you ed up.

 

Irene blinks rapidly, her mind trying to process what was going on. Feeling disappointed, she lets out a small 'Oh' to hide it. But really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter