005: About Love

Courting Ms. Bae & Ms. Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Would you let me court you?" She hissed lowly, "No, that's too formal."

 

"You sound really cringe-worthy." Amber mocks her, chortling loudly. "You can't just tell her that man, you gotta show her you're serious."

 

"But I am serious!"

 

"Really? Just after taking her home yesterday?" The short haired tomboy snorts, "Really now Seungwan, You gotta show her who's the boss!"

 

Her girlfriend slaps her arm, "Ow! Babe what was that for?"

 

Krystal shot her a glare, "That's not how you give advices." She faced Seungwan, "Listen, Wen, A woman wants to be treated like a princess. She needs to feel safe, protected and respected. That's what you have to show her."

 

"You gotta ask Seulgi how she declared to Joy that she'll be courting her." Amber bursts into a fit of laughter once more, Wendy chuckling as well.

 

"I don't even know if Joy took that seriously though.."

 

"Maybe​, maybe not. Funny how she suddenly blurted that out at detention, when Joy was nagging at her for sleeping at class."

 

"You had something to do with it, didn't you?"

 

"Of course not! It was Byul who forced her to say it!" Wendy retorts.

 

"Byul was in detention too?"

 

Wendy stared at Krystal like she grew three more heads. "What kind of question is that, Soojung? You know we never go to detention alone." She sneered. "And you too, Am. You were there too."

 

Amber pursed her lips while Krystal let out an exasperated sigh, "You were there? Again?"

 

"Hey! That was in the past."

 

"But you still got in detention." Wendy stuck her tongue out. "And that was like, a month ago. Not that long ago. You have no excuse."

 

"How many times do I have to tell you to pay attention in class, Am?!" The young Jung held the tomboy's ear and pulled it, causing the Liu to yelp in surprise.

 

"I'm sorry babe, I swear that will never happen again!"

 

"You always say that."

 

"We really need to change our lives, Wen."

 

Krystal sighed, "Why am I even dating you?"

 

"Because you just do."

 

 

"Joy!" The officer spun around upon hearing her name, only to be frozen realizing it was the girl with monolid-eyes. The one who saved her, the one she never thanked for. She had been purposely avoiding the latter at all costs. She doesn't know how to properly express her gratitude to Seulgi, her savior. Maybe someday. But she totally didn't expect that this day would come by that quick. (It had been just a few days though?)

 

Seulgi got nearer and Joy suddenly made huge steps in order to get away from the girl. "Wait!"

 

Joy knew she couldn't run away, especially that Seulgi had better stamina than her and the hallway is almost empty. But hey, she tried.

 

Halting, she glanced at the monolid-eyed woman. "What is it now Kang?"

 

She was heaving, chest going up and down from their mini chase. Joy made a mental note to exercise more. Seulgi smiled, handing her a red rose. Joy looked at it for a moment, before Seulgi took her hand and let her take it. "A red rose for a beautiful woman like you."

 

Joy hesitantly held the rose, but takes it anyway. "What is it?" She asks, dismissing whatever Seulgi had said.

 

Seulgi didn't seem to mind as she smiled wider. "It's Yeri's birthday tomorrow right?"

 

', I forgot.'

 

"Uh, yeah." Thanks for reminding. "What about it?"

 

"We need your help." She cocked a brow, urging Seulgi to continue. "We're planning to throw a surprise for her but I have no ideas. Like, none." Seulgi flailed her arms weirdly to prove her point. "Since she's your beloved cousin, you can help us by giving amazing ideas!"

 

Joy pursed her lips for a moment, contemplating whether to accept or not. She had been visiting the Kims' since she was young everytime it was Yeri's birthday. But things for her got complicated. Yeri never celebrated her birthday again. So things like these were kind of new to her. Should she surprise her fellow satan advocate? Yeri would probably question her. But then again, Yeri is still her cousin.

 

"Why don't you dress up as a Hello Kitty mascot and dance to Beyoncè? Or Ariana Grande?" She laughs to herself.

 

Seulgi blinked for a few times, trying to understand what the latter had suggested, before breaking into a wide grin.

 

'Is she really taking this seriously?' 

 

"That's a great idea! Thanks! But you're still coming with me though."

 

"What?!" Joy screeched. "What for?!"

 

"Duh, we gotta talk with the others of course."

 

"But I never agreed in the first place!"

 

"Like you would anyways." She snorts. "C'mon gorgeous, you have to! Irene unnie is also there."

 

Joy sighs, knowing that the other girl would not take no for an answer. "Where are we going?"

 

"To the cafe near here. We won't take long gorgeous."

 

Seulgi held her free hand and starts dragging Joy with her.

 

 

The following day..

 

She heaved, panting heavily as she ran as fast as she can to the Theatre Club. She's late, so late that she's sure her coach will punish her by telling her to do fifty squats. Last time she remembered, she had to do fifty jumping jacks in front of Saeron and her friends. It was really embarrassing.

 

She regrets drinking with her group of friends last night (white watching Fifty Shades Of Gray), but hey, it's a great way to celebrate an advanced 19th birthday, right?

 

Yeri spun to the left, running in the empty hallway. She skids to the right and stopped in front of a glass door. The lights are closed, are they not here? She straightened her hair and turned the knob slowly, sneaking her way inside the dark room. That's odd. Yeri glanced at her watch. I'm pretty AND sure that I'm late.

 

Having no signs of any people inside, she turned around to leave. Welp, guess I'll be spending my birthday by my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter