004: Be Natural

Courting Ms. Bae & Ms. Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the night went on with a heavily drunk Seulgi and Wendy, an extremely hormonal Yerim making out with a girl and the two distressed officers trying to make world peace.

 

Apparently, Wendy passed out by the little bar in the mansion after flirting non-stop at the cute barista. Irene could care less but her inner mother side screamed to watch over the annoying Wendy. Irene shook her head everytime Wendy would throw greasy comments at every girl that passes by, living up to her name as the charming flirt.

 

At the other hand, Joy listened to a rambling Seulgi. She figured she helped the drunken one after saving her. She'd dance randomly-- even running like an ostrich by the pool that gave Joy a heart attack, thinking that Seulgi might slip and drown herself. Seulgi and another girl that Joy recognized as Jeongyeon, ran like crazy ostriches around the area once more. At that moment, Joy decided to let the girl inside than to meet death. (Seulgi passed out the moment she stepped foot on the room.)

 

"Unnie, let's go home." Joy finally says as she collapsed on the couch next to an equally exhausted Joohyun. "Yeah. As far as I remember, I didn't sign up as a babysitter here."

 

They both chuckled. "I know right?"

 

 

 

The little incident in the birthday party was on fire the following days.

 

Everyone kept talking about it, mentioning it, watching a video clip of the stupid (but extremely hot) duo effortlessly making Dohwan fall on his knees. But another thing that's hot at the moment is the video clip of her with Wendy placing her coat around her. (Irene wasn't aware that such video existed and was ready to hunt that person down.) She's been receiving stares, ones she absolutely hates. It is the talk of the town (?) at the moment and Irene had enough of it.

 

"Goddamn it." She mutters, teeth clashing against one another at the sudden drop of temperature once she went outside her little president's room. Sure it was the weather, not because of the gossips and glares. Sure.

 

She blamed it on Wendy. Wendy, the always confident and bright troublemaker that Irene was so used to seeing in her office. The one that would stare blankly at her even if she sent her the deadliest death glare she had. The one that never talks whenever she asks something or nags at her.

 

And last night's incident confirmed that indeed, Son Wendy can really be annoying and charming in her own ways. Irene did not expect her to join her by the balcony and made her feel warm. She'd least expect her to do that. Maybe thinking of Wendy randomly taking girls' to another room and doing inappropriate things was too much. But oh well, what does she even know about Wendy?

 

But she was drunk.

 

She cursed underneath her breath seeing the person getting on her nerves sitting on Joohyun's favorite spot in the library. Great. The library's packed, since finals is just around the corner. She clutched on the books tighter on her chest and spun on her heel, only to be pulled back. Joohyun looked behind and saw Yeri grinning widely at her.

 

"Unnie, care to join us over there?" Yeri points at where Wendy is silently reading with . Joohyun sent her a tight-lipped smile, wanting to get away from Wendy as much as possible to at least lessen the rumours about her and Wendy.


"No thanks Yerim-ah, I have to go--"

 

She only felt the grip on her shoulder tightening. She met Yeri's eyes, it was screaming for her to say yes. She glanced to her side and saw Ms. Jung looking their way. With a sigh, she lets Yeri drag her to the table. Wendy seemed oblivious to Irene's presence as the frown on her eyebrows furrowed even more, biting the tip of her pen. Irene could hear more murmurings from the other students, groaning inwardly at it. 

 

"Yah unnie, atleast say hi to Irene unnie." She hears Yeri whispering to the purple haired beauty. Irene silently arranged her purple stationaries and books across the duo. "Shh, Stop trying to distract me. I'm trying to focus here." Wendy replied.

 

Frowning, Irene coughed, gaining the attention of the busied student. Wendy must have realized by then, judging on how her eyes widened comically and her jaw dropped momentarily before Yeri turned into a laughing fit. "Unnie! HAHA! Your mouth!" 

 

Ms. Jung glared at the loud voice causing Yeri to cower slightly and nudge Wendy.  Irene lets out a soft giggle, almost inaudibly, then drowning herself into the stack of books. She tried to ignore the hushed bickering between the two but it was too distracting. "You should've told me!" She realized by now how soothing Wendy's voice actually is after hearing her speaking normally. She's used to hearing Wendy's robotic voice reciting things professionally at class, or her flat monotonous apologies to Irene. Her voice is surprisingly relaxing.

 

She might even be mistaken for a singer.

 

"I told you to greet her though?"

 

"I thought it was one of your pranks again."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter