Residence

The Ubiquity Lounge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a day since Mai had been to the bar, she spent most of the night talking to Kai sat at the bar with no one else even walking in. It was near enough to 4am when she went home. When she got back she found an eviction notice on the door. saying she only had a week before she would be kicked out and so she texted Kai with the number he had given her to contact him with.

'When would I be able to move in?' 

'Anytime you wanted, I could help you if you wanted?'

'Would it be able to bring my stuff now?'

'Yeah. Sure. I'm free so if you needed help? I could come round.'

'If you wouldn't mind'

She also sent her address to him for him to be able to find her place. After around an hour and a half, Kai showed up at her apartment. He pointed at the eviction notice still pasted-on her door and Mai giggled a little before shrugging her shoulders. Boxes were stacked by the door. Only 1 large box a suitcase and 2 small boxes contained the contents of her whole apartment. Kai was insistent that he carried everything which Mai rejected but Kai managed to get it so she would only be holding her suitcase. They took a taxi to the Bar and placed the boxes in the cab next to them rather than in the trunk. 

Kai sat on the middle seat next to Mai in one of the outer seats. The cab set off steadily but after a set of lights, the car jerked pushing Kai flat against Mai. They stayed pressed against each other for a moment which made Kai's heart beat out of his chest, he swears it is only her who can make him feel like this. Mai was shocked by the sudden contact but didn't pull away or push him.

Kai's eyes darted down to her lips and then back up to her eyes, they did this a few times. His face leaned in closer and his breath could be felt on her lips, His lips merely brushed her lips and he pulled away flustered. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter