Cirumstances

The Ubiquity Lounge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mai Takada was a resident of the city of Seoul. Contrary to her name she did not, in fact, come from Japan. Her parents did which meant that she had to learn both the language native to her parents and that of the area she lived in. Mai had moved away from her parent's house at the youngest age she could. It wasn't that she disliked her parents it was just that she simply sought her own independence.

Mai had not been doing much the day of its appearance. She was cleaning up around her small apartment which only had three rooms. A small bedroom, a bathroom, and a kitchen/living area. After she had finished clearing stuff up a tapping noise was heard for around half a minute coming from her front door. She opened the Metal door that had offered her a small amount of security before poking her head out to find the source of the noise. Looking around she could not see a single person around. She then looked down at the floor as she was about to go back to her apartment when she did this she noticed a white sheet flapping slightly in the breeze brushing past her apartment.

The white sheet was identified as an envelope by Mai which was held down by a purple sphere made of glass. looking at the sphere it appeared to be a marble. Its swirling patterns inside were mesmerizing as she rolled the small glass bead between her thumb and forefinger. Directing her attention to the envelope once again she stepped back into her apartment. On the front of the envelope, it read in cursive letters 'Mai Takada' with her limited knowledge of English she was just about able to figure out what the front of the letter said. Turning the envelope around she saw that the letter had been bound by a wax seal. The insignia printed in the wax was visible as a set of weighing scales. Pulling at the ribbon running through the wax she was then able to open the letter.

Lifting the flap and pulling out a sheet of paper she narrowed her eyes at the logo and company name at the top

The Ubiquity Lounge

Even the name itself seemed ominous and yet the manner in which the letter arrived was utterly bizarre. Usually, letters would be placed in the letterboxes for the corresponding apartments but this was placed in front of her door held down by a glass marble. Mai continued to read on through the letter.

Greeting Ms. Takada,

We are writing to inform you that you have been accepted to work as personnel on our site. After receiving this letter we would appreciate a quick response by coming to our bar within a few days.

As the standard for all of our employees, a paycheck will be decided on an amount appropriate and/or requested by the employee i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter