Giving in

The Ubiquity Lounge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whatever they were watching on Tv was paid attention to by only one person in the room, Mai. The rest of them were sat around her whether it be on the floor or next to her on the couch. Each and every one of them would steal glances at her from time to time - more like the whole time- but she didn't seem to notice anyhow. With Kai sat on her left she instinctually moved closer to Kyungsoo on her right who had moved closer to her yet again. The closer she got to Kyungsoo, the more the others would send him death glares including Chanyeol and Baekhyun even though they had only just decided to join the party.

"Where's Sehun?" Kai questioned the two sat right next to each other. The shrugged before speaking.

"We haven't seen him in a while. We were out the other day and bumped into him. He was shopping and so we thought it was better to just leave him alone," Kai nodded understanding why he wouldn't go and speak to Sehun whilst he was shopping as he would constantly ask opinions and find some way to convince the other party to pay for whatever he had with him. The same went for Tao but that was mostly directed to Kris whom he clung to like a koala (or Panda). 

"It's his shift tomorrow so he will probably be here tonight anyway," Kai questioned.

"Oh yeah what do we do about her and the bar," Chanyeol said to Kai lowering his volume on the eight word in the sentence. But what he was doing didn't really work because at the first mention of a girl Mai turned around and cocked her eyebrow.

"What are you guys talking about?" She said but Baekhyun waved her away and she sighed before placing her attention back to the TV screen. At the same time, Kai stood up leading the two boys sat on the floor to his room. Kai closed the door quietly behind him hoping he hadn't drawn too much attention to the fact half the population of the room had left.

"Yeol, first of all, I don't know what we are meant to do about her. She isn't an Arbiter she is just a human. Second of all, maybe you shouldn't talk about her when she is in the same room as us, she isn't as simple-minded as you two." Baekhyun opened his mouth to disagree but closed it again when Kai gave him a look.

"You shouldn't say that. I'm older than you," Baekhyun said under his breath.

"Just because you're Older doesn't mean it isn't true," Kai said with a smirk. Baekhyun pouted and Chanyeol tapped him on the back muttering something along the lines of 'he isn't wrong' to which he earned a smack.

"He was talking about BOTH of us, you do realize," Baekhyun said, making Chanyeol frown.

"Anyway, if she is here, then she must be here for a reason. You guys must have noticed that sort of tie to her the rest of us have," Kai said to which they both nodded. "But, she signed the contract. I got told by the owner a new Arbiter was coming and it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter