Chapter 8

Kyungsoo vs the Homosapiens Agenda

“Why are you still asleep?” I heard someone yell as the door to my room was thrown open. I squinted at my door to see nothing but a blob, I felt my glasses being pushed on my face, clearing my vision. Once I was a little less disoriented I saw Jongdae looking through my closet and throwing clothes at me.

 

“Jongdae, it’s Saturday. Why are you here? It’s way too early for any of this,” I groaned, trying to pull my covers back over my head, just to have Jongdae pull them back down.

 

“Come on, I wanna introduce you to some really cool people it’ll be fun I swear. Anyways, it’s like eleven O’Clock already, what are you still doing in bed anyway?” I glared at him hoping he’d leave me alone and I’d be able to go back to sleep. After a few minutes I realized he wasn’t going to back down so I took the clothes he had thrown at me earlier and quickly got changed.

 

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked as I put my seatbelt on in Jongdae’s car.

 

“I told you, to meet up with some of my friends,” Jongdae said, pulling out of my house’s driveway.

 

The whole ride I tried not to think about Michael, but it seemed like that’s all I was able to think about. Realizing the car had stopped I looked out the window to see a small cafe that was located near a close by university. As soon as we walked in a guy started to wave at us. We approached their table, Jongdae giving them both a hug. After a few seconds, I realized one of them was Minseok, who had been a senior at our school last year.

 

I bowed to them both in greeting, “Hello Minseok Sunbae.”

 

He looked at me, giving me a smile, “Hello Kyungsoo, and feel free to just call me Minseok Hyung.” The other guy who was sitting with Minseok stood up and slightly bowed to me, “This is Luhan, my boyfriend.” All of us, excluding Jongdae who was currently getting us all drinks, sat down. “I hope you aren’t mad, but Jongdae told me what’s been happening to you. But he did it because he was worried, he really cares about you Kyungsoo.” Jongdae came back with all our drinks, getting mine exactly right. I smiled at him as he put down my drink, I could never be mad at Jongdae. He always treated me like a little brother and best friend,  I knew that everything he did was because he was looking out for me. “Actually the reason I really wanted to talk to you is because Luhan here helps out at the city’s LGBTQ youth center.”

 

Luhan smiled at me continuing, “We have group meetings every Wednesday, it’s a safe space where you could talk to other youth of the community. You know, listen to some stories, tell your own. I really think you should go.”

 

“I’ll think about it,” I quitely answered, still not so sure how I felt about being out and talking about being out. I don’t even know what I would talk about. The fact that I lost two really important people to me after being outed or about how everyone at school seemed to be avoiding me.

 

“Did you tell him yet?” Jongdae asked excitedly, putting all our drinks down on the table. Minseok and Luhan shook their heads indicating that they hadn’t.

 

“Tell me what?” I asked,  confused about what was happening.

 

“You’ll see,” Jongdae said with a smile, grabbing me and dragging me towards the exit, Luhan and Minseok following close behind. We all piled into Jongdae’s car and he started driving as soon as we all had our seatbelts on. He stopped the car in front of an apartment complex and everyone started getting out of the car.

 

“So, are you guys gonna tell me what we’re doing or?” I asked as Jongdae continued to pull me along to what I’m guessing is Luhan and Minseok’s apartment.

 

“We’re going to a club!” Jongdae screamed excitedly.

 

“Ummm, Jongdae you do know both of us are underage right?” I pointed out obviously.

 

“Don’t worry, we know the owner as long as we don’t get too crazy it should be fine. Now come on let’s try to make you look a little older,” Minseok told me as he grabbed my hand and lead me towards his room. Minseok handed me a somewhat tight fitting white shirt, dark denim jeans that honestly made my look really good, and styled my hair up and out of my face. Honestly I looked good, and I had to admit a little less like an awkward teen who was still dressed by their mother. I looked at the clock next to Minseok’s bed realizing it was already evening.

 

“Come on let’s go,” Jongdae said jumping in excitement. “And Kyungsoo, I told your parents we’d be sleeping at Minseok and Luhan’s apartment so feel free to go crazy, just not too crazy.” Jongdae winked at me and walked out the room heading out the apartment.

 

We took a cab to Itaewon, Jongdae explaining that he’d be drinking so he wouldn't be driving. Minseok and Jongdae walked straight towards the bar as soon as we walked in. I looked around to see people dancing and having a good time, my heart beating faster due to the excitement. Luhan turned to me and gave me a wink, “Oh we forgot to mention, this is a gay bar so why don’t you have a little fun.” He walked towards the bar where Jongdae and Minseok were. I went to the bathroom so I could splash some cold water on my face. I’m at a gay bar, I was both excited and scared. I honestly didn’t know what I wanted to do. I took a deep breathe and headed back outside, I decided I’d have fun. I wouldn’t think about school, or Chanyeol, or Michael, I’d just have as much fun as I want.

 

I walked to the bar to try and regroup with Jongdae and them when I realized they were no longer there. My eyes started to frantically scan across the club trying to look for them. “Hey you okay dude?” I heard a deep voice ask me. I looked to my side to see a rather tall, and handsome guy standing next to me.

 

“Oh, I just lost my friends and this is my first time at a club,” I said voice a little high since I was scared of being alone in crowded places.

 

“Damn that , why don’t I keep you company? Let me buy you a drink maybe that’ll help you calm down. What do you want?” the guy asked giving me a big smile, making him look even cuter.

 

I blushed and tried to think of an alcoholic drink, “Ummm, surprise me?”

 

He called over the bartender ordering two drinks, one for me and one for him. “My name’s Kris, what’s yours?”

 

“Kyungsoo,” I replied after chugging my whole drink. I don’t drink a lot, and Kris just kept buying me drinks and they started going down easier and it got easier to talk to Kris too. I told him about Chanyeol and how he’s a major , and then I told him about Michael who is also a major . He just nodded along and gave me some good advice.

 

“You’re in high school aren’t you?” I looked at Kris and nodded meekly. “I think that’s enough drinking,” Kris laughed at me as I started to hiccup and sway a little on the bar stool. I was about fall off when Kris grabbed me before I could, I draped my arms around his neck and giggled some more.

 

“You’re really cute you know,” I laid my head on his shoulder and kept my hands wrapped around his neck. I couldn’t stop giggling and pecked his neck making me giggle evenmore.

 

“There you are!” I heard someone yell over the club’s loud music. I looked up from Kris’s neck to see Jongdae, Minseok and Luhan run towards me.

 

“Kris!” I heard Luhan yell in recognition when he saw who I was hugging. “Um, Kyungsoo’s kinda in high school,” Luhan explained as Minseok and Jongdae grabbed me from Kris.

 

“Yea I gathered, as soon as I realized, I cut him off,” Kris explained.

 

“Thank you so much, but I think we better get going,” Minseok grunted as he carried me, with the help of Jongdae, to get me off of Kris.

 

“Remember Kyungsoo, don’t let what other people say to you or think about you get in the way of just being who you are,” Kris said sending me off with a final wave.

 

“Kris is handsome,” I tried to whisper in Jongdae’s ear, it might’ve been more of a yell as I saw Jongdae wince.

 

“How much did you drink? Your breath smells disgusting,” Jongdae started gagging in a very dramatic manner. He shook his head when all I did was giggle, “Did you have fun at least?” I nodded my head and gave him a big grin. Today was fun, I finally got to let go and stop thinking about everything that was troubling me at the moment, which was a lot of different things.

 

“I love you Jongdae! You’re the best cousin ever,” I tackled him with a hug making him stumble a little. We both laughed, yeah today was a good day.


A/N: I hope you like the update, I have exams coming up so idk when I'll be able to update next. Meanwhile comment about who you think Michael might be or who you want Kyungsoo to end up :) The stories just getting started I still have so many more characters and relationships to introduce.