Chapter 6

Kyungsoo vs the Homosapiens Agenda

 

From:[email protected]

To: [email protected]

Date: September 21, 2018 at 18:12

Subject: Re:Chuseok

 

That sounds like fun, I’m happy that your cousin and you are going to be having fun during the Chuseok holiday. It’s good to be around people that make you happy. I’ll be going to my dad’s for the break, he lives in Busan. I don’t see him a lot and we kinda drifted apart once my parents divorced. But you’ve inspired me, I think I’m gonna come out to my dad. It’ll be awkward but I really want him to know, hopefully it goes well.

 

-Michael

 

It’s been a few weeks now since my fall out with Chanyeol. A lot of my friends have been asking about Jongdae’s and my absence during lunch, but fortunately I’ve been able to avoid them most of the time. As I grew distant from most of my friends I started to grow closer and closer to Michael, I haven’t gotten any new leads to who he might be. I want to know, but I also want to respect the fact that he doesn’t want me to know he is, I haven’t even told Jongdae about him. But I really wish I knew who he was. Also, I may hate Chanyeol now, but I have to thank him for bringing Jongdae and me closer to each other. We were closer before but now I feel like we’re the closest we’ve ever been since I came out to him. Our families have a lot of things planned together for the chuseok break, and I know it’ll be a lot of fun.

 

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

Date: September 21, 2018 at 22:56

Subject: Good Luck

 

That’s amazing Michael, and I’m so happy you’re going to come out to your dad, I really hope it goes well. I’ve actually been thinking and I know we both agreed to stay anonymous I really think we should reveal ourselves to each other. You mean a lot to me, you’re one of my closest friends. I really like you a lot, maybe more than anyone I’ve ever known. You’ve been there for me whenever I needed someone to talk to. I understand that you might not want to, but please at least think about it.

 

-Oh Soo

 

I walked into school with Jongdae and headed to my locker, today was the first day back from break. But Michael still hasn’t replied to me since my last email. I closed my locker and looked up to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I turned to walk away but Baekhyun called my name and grabbed me by my shoulder, “Hey Kyungsoo, I feel like I haven’t talked to you in forever. Where have you been? Are you avoiding us, you never sit with us at lunch?”

 

“Yea, sorry Baek I gotta go,” I awkwardly replied trying to get away as soon as possible.

 

“Wait Kyungsoo,” I stopped for a second as he reached for my hand.

 

Before Baekhyun could get a hold of me, Chanyeol stopped Baekhyun by pulling him back, “Just leave him alone he doesn’t want to talk to us.” I scoffed, more like I didn’t want to talk to him. I used this as an opportunity to leave and walked away, as I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun continuing to fight in hushed whispers. I got to class and sat down ignoring everyone around me.

 

Right before the bell rang Chanyeol walked in with his head down. He looked at me with what seemed like guilt. “I’m sorry,” he said lowly before facing the teacher who had just walked in. Sorry? Sorry for what being a bad friend? Now seemed like a weird time to be saying sorry for that.

 

The bell rang signaling the beginning of lunch. I got up and headed to the cafeteria to get a drink before I went to the auditorium to meet Jongdae. As I walked down the hallway I felt as if people were pointing at me and talking about me. I fastened my pace hoping to get away from everyone. As soon as I walked through the doors of the cafeteria I knew for a fact people were talking about me as they pointed at me and giggled, some people looking at me with disgust. From my peripheral vision I could see Baekhyun walking towards me. He grabbed my hand and lead me out of the cafeteria and to a more secluded hallway of the school.

 

“Kyungsoo, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know. God, how could Chanyeol be such a . He’s stupid and abandoned you cause he’s like a homophobe or something, like where did that even come from. Stupid bastard. And he had the nerve to out you to the whole school,” Baekhyun ranted and then proceeded to apologize even more. But I couldn’t focus on anything except the fact that Chanyeol had outed me to the whole school, the whole school knew I was gay, my parents would probably find out, Michael would probably hear and find out who I was.

 

“Wait, Baek, pause and go back. What do you mean Chanyeol outed me to the whole school?”

 

“Well, after you left I insisted on going after you but he just kept telling me to leave you alone but I wanted to know what was up with you so I was about to run after you when he said, a little too loudly to um leave you alone because you’re gay, but in a more vulgar way.” I was never really scared of being out, but thinking about being out and actually being out is different. Especially when you aren’t out by choice but rather because your stupid ex-best friend outed you to the whole school. “Hey Kyungsoo, I know I’ve already said it like a million times but I am sorry that this happened to you and I don’t agree with Chanyeol. I’ll always be here for you okay.” Baekhyun walked towards me and gave me a big hug. Which made me feel at least a little safe, I didn’t know what would happen to me now that everyone at school knew I was gay.

 


A/N: Okay I'm so so so sorry for the late update. I'll be posting another one later this week to make up for it. I hope yall enjoy and Love, Simon is now out in theaters so please go watch it support the gays thank you very much.