chapter 8 : hot chocolate and kisses.

apple stall // nct’s winwin

Winwin's POV

"Let's go get some hot chocolate from Yuta's stall! I really want something warm to drink." Jina squeaked beside me.

I was cleaning up the stall, we only had a few pastries left. Our new item was a total hit, everyone loved the apple cheesecake!

"uh..., sure! Let's go after we clean up. Yuta's stall closes late anyways, it wouldn't be a problem." I hesitated at first, before answering. I had a feeling Yuta might do something stupid, like he always does.

"How do you know when it closes?"

I froze in my spot, I totally forgotten that she doesn't know that I know Yuta.

Do I tell her that Yuta's my friend or that I have never met him in my life? Well, to be frank, I am totally fine with the latter.

Well, I'll go with the I don't know him plan. I hope this doesn't mess up anything...

"uhm..., I go there often, my uncle likes the hot chocolate." I answered. It is technically the truth. Uncle is obsessed with the drink. in fact, I think he might even have gained a couple pounds...

"Ah, I see. Well, I can't wait!!" Jina beamed as she bounced up and down like a little child. I just shook my head at her childish antics.

This past two months since I met her, Jina is actually a really funny person. She cracks jokes and messes around with the customers and has a routine for her favourite song when it plays time to time here. I honestly thought she was the serious person, always stern and never falters, not even one bit.

Oh, how wrong was I.

I'm glad that we were able to have fun while working here and just going with the flow. Just the way I like it.

~~~~🍏~~~~

"Hey, Jina! How's it going? Are you done with today?" Yuta chanted as he waved his arms about, standing in his stall. His mom was beside him tending a pot on the stove. She gave a warm smile to both of us.

"Hey, Yuta! I'm doing fine, Winwin and I just closed our stall. I wanted to say hello and of course, try some of your hot chocolate!" Jina beamed as she walked closer to his stall.

"Of course! Anything for you, milady. Would your 'friend' one want?" He asked as he emphasised on the word friend. I swear to god, he really wants an early visit to Japan. I'll be sure to grant his wish....

.... with my leg.

"Winwin do you want one too?" Jina turned to her left to glance at me.

"Yeah, I would love too, Jina." I smiled at her. I could feel Yuta's gaze burning into my skull but I couldn't care less.

"Make it two!" Jina replied back to Yuta. He nodded and started working on the drinks.

"Woah, he has such a pretty stall, Winwin." I looked around, there was coloured fairy lights draped everywhere. His stall was painted black, it matched the lights very well.

"You're right, but our stall is much prettier. 100 times so." I replied proudly. Yuta might have helped with ours but Taeyong who apparently was good at designing mostly did the job.

"Really? You think so?" Jina asked as she stared into my eyes. I could tell she was waiting for answer, an honest one.

I stared back into her dark brown orbs and truthfully answered,

"Yes, it's true. However," Jina's bright smile slowly disappeared as soon as I continued. 
By now, I'll be a stuttering mess but for some reason, I felt calm...

I don't think I felt this way before.

"...However, when you're around, the stall becomes the most beautiful in the farmer's market." I ended my sentence as I gazed on her. 
I'm not going to lie, but I think my heart is going to jump out from my rib cage. I kept my composure nonetheless.

Even with a unsteady heartbeat, it didn't stop me from moving closer to her... slowly inch by inch, the gap between us decreased.

The lady infront of me was shocked at first but slowly leaned forward....

"Alright guys, here's your drinks!" Yuta quirked up out of nowhere. I immediately close my eyes in annoyance. I heard footsteps shuffling away from me.

Way to ruin the moment.

"Oh! Uhm, t-thank y-you." Jina mumbled as she took one cup from the table.

She blew air on the hot drink a few times before taking a small sip.

"So, what do you think?" Yuta asked casually as he laid his elbows on the table.

I don't think I can forgive this man....

"It's really good!! I like it!" Jina hummed in delight as she continued to sip her drink. If she says its good then something must have changed...

I took the paper cup from the table and had a small sip.

Eh?

It tastes different.

It tastes better.

Did he poison this?

I'm I going to die?

....

No, no, no. the real question is, is Jina going to die?

Still wondering how the drink improved so much, I didn't noticed Jina opening her purse.

"How much is it?" Jina asked as she started to rummage through her purse. I shook my head repeatedly.

"No, I'll pay, Jina. It's okay."

"But you always pay for lunch. I feel kind of bad, besides I was the one who wanted the hot chocolate." Jina said as she gave me a sad pout.

"Please, can I pay this time?" She continued as she pouted harder. If she thinks it's working, it is.....

I- i don't think I can say no to that.

"uh...uhm, o-okay. Y-you can pay this t-time." I stuttered finally. Dang, I honestly thought I gotten rid of this habit...

"Yay! So much is it?"

"It's ₩5055." Yuta replied. Jina nodded her head as she handed him the exact amount.

I was certain for a fact a that Yuta is going to tease the outta me the next time he sees me. I mentally groaned as I rolled my eyes.

"It's getting late. We should get going."

"You're right, we'll see you next time, 'Yuta'." I greeted him before walking away, Jina doing the same.

~~~~🍏~~~~
 

"Thank you for driving me back to my house." Jina thanked me as she unfastens her seat belt. I shook my head repeatedly.

"It's not a problem, besides I promised uncle to drive you anywhere in fact." I said with a chuckle.

"It's that so." Jina said with a giggle. I don't think I can get tired of listening to her laughing.

"Here let me help you unpack the things." I said as unfasten my seat belt as well. Jina nodded as she exited the car.

"Thank you again for helping me unpack the things. I wouldn't be able to carry all the trays by myself." Jina said with a laugh.

"no problem, Jina. I'll be there whenever you need me, always." I said without a second thought. As soon as I realised how that came out, I immediately said,
"i-i mean, I'm here to help y-you a-anytime."

" I get it, Winwin. Don't worry." Jina giggled as she ruffled my hair.

She never did that before...

"oh! I hear honking outside. Must be Uncle." Jina chanted as she glance outside the window beside the main door. I look through and saw a man waving his arms like a madman through the window of a van.

yeap, that's definitely Uncle.

"well... I should get going."

To be honest, I don't really want to go....

"I'll walk with."

Jina opened the door and I quickly exited. I hastily put back on my black sneakers. I got up and wiped my hands on my blue denim jeans.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jina. I'll be here by 8." I beamed as I gave her a smile.

"I know, I know. uhmmm, i-i" jina mumbled incoherently.

"hmmm?" I hummed confused.

"i-i wa-wanna say t-that i li-like..."

"li-like what?"

What is she trying to say?

"l-i me-mean.... look over there!" Jina screamed as she pointed to god knows what. My eyes followed to where her finger was pointing. I don't see anything but the darkness and of course Uncle still waving his arms like a madman.

can he like, stop?

" there? I don't see anything." I squinted my eyes in the darkness still trying to look for what Jina was pointing at.

All of a sudden, I felt something soft against my left cheek. It was quick but I knew it at least lasted 2 seconds or maybe 3. 

Did she just ki-kissed m-me?

"I-i wanna s-say that I like you a lot, Si Cheng." It took me a while to process what she said but as soon as I did, I felt like the world around me stop moving for awhile.

Did she just confessed to me....?

My heart was beating so fast, it felt like I was about to collapse into the hard cement ground.

Nonetheless, I stared into the ground, not daring to look up to the lady in front of me.

"Si Cheng? Please look at me." I heard Jina whispered softly. I slowly raise my head up to meet hers.

I stared at her, not making a sound or a movement. I was still in utter shock.

"J-jina, i-i.." I mumbled trying to find words to say. I was trembling and it was not because of the cold air right now.

"i-I l-like y-..." 

🍏

🍏

🍏

"OH MY GOD WINWIN JUST TELL HER YOU LIKE HER ALREADY. IM TIRED OF WAITING IN THIS COLD!" I heard Uncle screamed 5 metres away.

I immediately dropped my head down embarrassed. I totally forgot Uncle was there the whole time.

I heard soft giggles coming from Jina.

"Looks like Uncle really wants to go home." The beautiful lady in front of me laughed. I didn't say a word. I was incomplete shock and mad because of Uncle. I swear I'm going to beat his...

"Goodnight, Winwin. I'll see you tomorrow. Stay safe, okay?" I just nodded my head still planning my scheme for tonight. Uncle's gonna get it.

"g-goodnight t-to you t-too.." I stammered for the millionth time today. I was about to walk away but was stopped by Jina.

"You're forgetting something."

"i-i am?" I asked confused. Jina nodded her head repeatedly.

"I got my phone with me and my wallet. Don't think I'm missing anything." I said as I checked the pockets of my jeans.

What else could I be forgetting?

"Just one more thing." She stepped closer to me and whispered into my right ear,

"a goodnight kiss."

Before I could react, she softly planted a kiss on my right cheek. This one lasted longer...

"i-i..." Jina just giggled and ushered me away.

"Goodnight, Winnie!" She chanted for the last time before I entered the van. I waved goodbye to her before Uncle sped the van away.

As soon as Jina's house was out of sight, I immediately reclined the seat and plopped my whole body on it.

I just replayed the events that occurred 10 minutes ago in my mind...

I sighed heavily trying to bring my heartbeat down. Closing my eyes to calm myself down, I heard Uncle spoke up,

"Hey..."

"Don't even bother Uncle.... Unless you want me to flip kick you in the face." I mumbled with my eyes still shut. I don't want to talk about anything right now. Especially with this guy.

"I was gonna say you have a pink stain on your cheeks, son."

"I do?" I opened the mirror infront of me and stared into it. He's right, there was in fact two pink stains on both my cheeks.

Must have been from Jina's lipstick.....

I blushed thinking about the kiss....

"So, when are you guys gonna kiss for real this time? I ain't getting any younger. I need to see th-" 
I smacked Uncle's shoulder as hard as I could.

"Ouch! Okay okay don't gotta be so feisty, son. Take your time." Uncle said as he rubbed his sore shoulder.

I laughed at him before looking out through the window. 

Then, I thought to myself,

Should I take a picture of my face?

Can't let this art go to waste........