chapter 7 : the apple chapel ?

apple stall // nct’s winwin

Winwin's POV

And that's how it went for me for the next week. I would go to Jina's house in the morning, bake our goods, have lunch together and set up the stall by 3 in the farmers market.

Everything was going fine but we still had one problem left... 
what are we going to name our stall?!
Even our customers are wondering so...

~~~~🍎~~~~

"Say Winwin, what's the name of the stall? I would like to recommend it to my friends, I really enjoyed the apple pie but the rest of them was equally good, Taeyong loves the muffins." Mrs. Lee asked as I handed her a white paper bag filled with pastries.

"Me and Jina haven't figure out that yet." I sadly replied to her.

"Well, you better soon. You guys are gaining a following now. I'll be of now and good luck." I nodded and waved goodbye.

I sigh heavily as I laid my elbows on the table and rested my head on top.

"She's asking about the stall name huh?" Jina asked as she wiped the wooden table with a clean rag.

"Yeah, sadly." I chuckled as I rearranged the pastries on the cake display. I gazed towards Jina, she was handling a customer that just pass by.

It was a little girl.

"Hello there, pretty girl! Would you like to buy something? We sell really good apple pie and others too!" Jina beamed as she gestured the girl to the cake displays. Today we decided to sell apple pie, apple strudel muffins, apple glazed donuts and cinnamon rolls.

"Wow, is everything apple?" The girl asked in awe.

"Oh yes. You see, I really love apples a lot, that's why I decided to open up a stall here!"

" I love apples too!" The girl chanted happily.

"That's great! We can be friends then." Jina giggled as she high fived the little girl.

"Well, I'll buy one apple pie then." The little girl beamed as she pointed toward the cake display which laid the apple pie. Jina nodded as she cut a slice for her. She place the apple pie in a paper container which was shaped like a triangle.

It was perfect fit for the apple pie slices!

It was my idea to made them, it would be easier for the customers to hold them or to bring it home. I smiled as I watched the interaction between them play out. Jina looked like an angel taking care of their loved ones....

"Before you go, what's your name?" Jina asked as she handed her the apple pie.

"My name is Yebin."

"That's a pretty name, Yebin. My name is Jina. Hope to see you again, Yebin!"

~~~~🍎~~~~

"What should we name the stall with?" I muttered to myself as I laid on my bed. It was 10 in the night but I wasn't sleepy yet.

"Should we rhyme it with apple?" I got up and went to my desk. I'm pretty sure I have a dictionary here somewhere....

"Let's see, we have dapple, grapple, rappel? babble, thrapple, scrapple? They do rhyme with apple but the meaning don't go well with apple that's for sure."

"Chapel, grabble, babble....  the apple babble doesn't sound too good......." I muttered to myself.

It sounds stupid, to be honest.

"Hmmm the apple chapel. Sounds catchy. What does chapel even mean tho?" I brushed my fingers on the definitions.

• noun: a place of worship that has its own altar
• noun: a service conducted in a chapel

"Hmmm, well we only sell apples, so we're basically worshipping apples here, and Jina can be hmm, well in chapels there's paintings of angels and such.

Oh! Jina can be an angel!

An apple angel?....

I'll bring this up to her tomorrow, I'm sure she'll like it!

~~~~🍎~~~~

"So what do you think? It might seem a bit funny, but I think it would be good." I told Jina my idea. I just hope she likes it too, or I would look like oo the fool here. I nervously stared on the floor as I waited for any response.

"Winwin..." I heard Jina call my name. I look up from the floor to her face. I was expecting a sour and angry face but was instead met with a smiling angel.

"I would never come up with such an idea as that... I really like it!" Jina beamed as she clasped her hands jubilantly. I smiled satisfied.

"I'm glad you like the idea, Jina." I softly smiled.

All of sudden, she moved closer to me and in a split second, I was embraced by her figure.

Uh....what?!

"It's really nice. Thank you, Winwin. For everything." She continued to hug me with greater force. By this time I was a blushing mess. I didn't know what to do!

Should I hug her back?

Slowly, I hesitantly hugged her back. She proceeded to lay her head on the crook of my neck.

Oof, I'm really sensitive there...

"Y-you're w-welcome, Jina." I could feel her hot breathe against my neck. I admit, I'm ticklish and very so on my neck.

Soon after, she slowly broke the embrace.

"I'm sorry if that was all of a sudden but I really wanted to thank you for everything. I'm grateful for what have done for me." Jina mumbled loud enough for me to hear.  I smiled softly at her.

She really is an angel.

"It's okay, and you're welcome again, Jina." 

~~~~🍎~~~~

"So what do you think, uncle?" Jina asked.

"I really like it! The stall looks really good! I'm proud of you my boy!" Uncle complimented as he ruffled my hair.

"Uncle!" I whined as I straighten my hair back. 

The stall interior and exterior was now white. Thanks to Yuta and Taeyong, we were able to do it within an hour. The table and chairs was painted white. The table was draped with a cloth which was a bright red cherry colour. Fake flowers of different colours hung on the sides of the stall. A wooded sign which was our logo was hung in the middle of the stall at the top for everyone to see. The background was painted black and the words 'the apple chapel' was painted gold. The a's in the name was not written but instead replaced with a drawn 🍎 by Jina. She even drew a halo on top of the word apple and gave them wings.

Infront of the stall, we place a black chalkboard to display our menu. Our paper containers also had an upgrade.

The white paper triangle containers and also normal sized containers now have a lace detail on the edge and also bear 'the apple chapel' on the side just like our logo. Our white paper bag and tissues also bear the same logo.

The stall truly looked beautiful, like a place you would actually worship God.

But in this case, a place where you worship apples, it's funny but creative.

"I made something for you!" Jina beamed as she fished something out of her pocket.

"I made name badges for us!" In her palms were two badges shaped like a red apple. It had wings and a halo on top. In the middle of the apple was our names engraved on them.

"Wow, it's really pretty..." I mumbled in awe as I stared at its details.

"Here, I'll pin it for you!" She took the badge and carefully pinned it to my black sweater I was currently wearing.

"I'll help you too, Jina." I took the badge and pinned it for her. But for some reason, my hands were a bit slippery and it took me longer to open the pin.

"Sorry, my hands get sweaty sometimes."

"It's okay, no harm." Jina said with a giggle.

After what it seems like an eternity. I finally pinned the badge to Jina's pink dress.

Changing my view from her badge to her face, I realised how close our faces were. Our noses were almost touching.

I backed off slowly but Jina didn't seem to budge an inch. In fact, she leaned closer....

Is she thinking of what I'm thinking?

I stopped moving and stood there frozen. She leaned closer and closer to only...

Blow air on my face?!

"Your eyelash dropped on your cheek."

"Oh, I d-didn't re-realised." I stammered as I felt my cheeks turn warm.

I honestly thought, she was going to kiss me....
 

~~~~🍏~~~~

Jina's POV

I lied, there wasn't any eyelash that dropped into his cheeks.