chapter 3 : cinnamon rolls + 🍏 ? pt.1

apple stall // nct’s winwin

Winwin's POV

 

"So uncle, how was your date yesterday?" I asked while pouring cereal into a bowl. It was currently 7 in the morning. 

 

"Oh it was good, I met her at the park like I said, we took a brisk walk and went to a small stall that sold hot chocolate and marshmallows. It was really good. Oh, we also......." Uncle told every single detail including the time where he almost fall because he was staring at his date rather than in front of him. Typical uncle.

 

"Well I'm glad that you had fun, uncle." I said while munching down my Lucky Charms.

 

"Speaking of which, did you met Jina yesterday?" Uncle questioned with his smirk which I have yet to get used to. Thinking of yesterday made me blush furiously as bright as a red delicious. 

 

"I did uncle. Why?" 

 

"What do you mean why? Spill the beans boy!"

 

"Okay okay, so she came like almost 5, I already clean the place, I left the remaining apples on the table. I kinda fell asleep but someone woke me up and I fell...." Uncle laughed loudly. I glared at him.

 

"Uncle, I'm pretty sure this runs in the family." He glared back. Now, I'm the one laughing at him.

 

"Well, at one point I thought she was cold so I gave her my scarf. She was like stammering her words but she said she wasn't cold." I said still confused. Her cheeks was really red too. 

 

" Winwin, you gotta be kidding me." Uncle said as he slammed his head on the kitchen counter. 

 

"I don't get it, what do you mean?" I asked still confused as ever.

 

"She was obviously shy, Winwin. Gosh, you're so oblivious. I bet she likes you too." 

 

Jina? Liking me? That's a stretch. I could only hope.

 

"Really? You think so?" I said with hope filled voice.

 

"Hey, even ugly people get life-long partners." Uncle snickered. 

 

"Hey! I'm being serious here." I smacked his hand that made him almost drop his croissant. 

 

~~~~🍏🍏🍏~~~~

 

"Winwin, is it me or it's really cold out here today." Uncle said while rubbing his hands for warmth. I shrugged, it felt pretty fine, for me at least.

 

"I think, it's just you." 

 

"Well, can you do me a favour?" He asked.

 

"What is it?" Hoping it wouldn't be anything extreme .

 

"Help me buy hot chocolate at the stall near the park."

 

"But that's like all the way to the other side." It was about 400 m away but I'm lazy so 400 m to me is 4 km.

 

"Winwin, stop whinning. Help me out, besides the hot chocolate is really good." 

 

"Alright stop being a baby." I rolled my eyes and stood up from my wooden stool. Uncle just smiled from ear to ear. 

 

I walked out of the stall and started my long ride to the park. I guess it wasn't a bad idea, I haven't explored the whole market. I only know the entrance and the apple stall. Oh wait, I know the stall beside us, they sell carrots and the seller's son looks like a legit rabbit lmao.

 

 

 

Walking for approximately 200 m, I got stopped by someone familiar. 

 

"Oh Winwin! How are you?" The middle aged lady spoke up.

 

"Er?" I asked confused. How did she know my name. Must be one of the customers.

 

"Oh! Are you the one with the handsome son?" I asked. She nodded her head proudly. Well, I guess she wasn't lying. She then looked around and pulled a young man close to her. Woah, this guy's visual was no joke. 

 

"This is my son." She said. Okay she wasn't lying. 

 

 

 

"Hello, my name is Winwin." I said as I cautiously extend my hand. He shook it and replied, "Taeyong. Lee Taeyong." Oh he's the cold type.

 

"Didn't I tell you he was handsome?" Ms Lee gushed as she pinched Taeyong's cheeks. Taeyong immediately shoo his mother's hands. I think he even blushed. 

 

"What's wrong? It is true." She continued as she ruffled Taeyong's hair. I could confirm he was uncomfortable and was blushing as red as a tomato.

 

"Mom, why did you tell him that." He said as he covered his face. Bad boy turned softie in 10 seconds flat.

 

"Well, I hope to see you at our stall often, Ms. Lee and hope to see you often, Taeyong. Goodbye." I bid goodbye. Ms. Lee just nodded as Taeyong waved goodbye. He's interesting.

 

 

~~~~🍏🍏🍏~~~~

 

"YUTA?!" I shrieked once my eyes met the Japanese man with hot chocolate in his hands.

 

"WINWINNIE?!' He shrieked as well. 

"Wait, you work here?" I asked him. He nodded his head and said, "Yeah I help my mom sell hot chocolate every autumn remember?" I raked my head to find that piece of information in my brain by to avail, couldn't.

 

"I don't remember." Yuta laughed as he asked how many hot chocolate I wanted. I said two. He nodded and worked on it.

 

"So, why are you at the farmers market? You usually would be at home playing games." He continued.

"Well, I decided to help my uncle with his apple stall."

"Oh, how is it so far?" Yuta continued.

"Pretty good, and yeah um code 127"I said.

"CODE 127?!" Yuta asked shocked, I think he almost dropped the packet of marshmallows.

 

"We gotta talk soon." He said as he handed me my drinks. 

"Yours or mine?" 

"Mine. Be there at 6." He said.

"Okay, wait how much is this?" I asked.

"It's on the house, for you only Winwinnie." He said while giving me small heart pose. I faked gagged at his action but smiled nonetheless.