chapter 9 : apple boy ?

apple stall // nct’s winwin

Winwin's POV

 

I shuddered as I felt the cold breeze hit my entire body. I wore extra layers today, a singlet under my buttoned-up long sleeve shirt and a thick wool sweater on top. I even wore my favourite black scarf...

 

I guess today was one of those days where it felt like you're stranded in the South Pole wearing nothing but boxers. My teeth were chattering even underneath the scarf. Instinctively, I rubbed both my hands to generate some sort of heat.

 

"Hey, you okay? Are you cold?" I heard Jina questioned beside me. I faced her and shyly nodded. I still couldn't talk to her normally after what happened last night. I haven't uttered a single sentence to her other than my usual, "Good Morning."

 

"here, take this." Jina beamed a smile as she handed something into my palms. They were white and really hot, the comforting kind.

 

"Hot packs. I have tons back at home. I'll give some later." Jina giggled as she took the hot packs she was holding and place it on her cheeks. Her giggles are probably the cutest thing I have ever heard and I don't think I can get tired from it.

 

"This is the right way to use hot packs. No exception." Jina bounced up and down jubilantly with her cheeks still squished by the hot packs.

 

"try it! It's really comforting!" She urged as motioned her arms for me to do the same.

 

"O-okay." I laughed as I placed them on my cheeks.

 

"Woah..." I sighed heavily as I enjoyed the heat from the pack seeping into my frozen cheeks. My eyes fluttered shut, enjoying this moment in bliss.

 

"winwin.." I heard Jina whispered softly beside me.

 

"hmmm?" I hummed with my eyes still shut.

 

"winwin!" I heard Jina whispered again

 

"yeah? I'm listening." 

 

"WINWIN!" Jina was practically half shouting-half whispering at this point.

 

"what?" I said as I opened my eyes to meet hers.

 

"Why are you screaming?" I asked her with the hot packs still glued to my cheeks.

 

She didn't say anything but turned her head in front. I followed suit and understood why.

 

In front of us was a bunch of people, new and old customers and familiar faces...

 

Mrs.Lee was there...

 

Taeyong...

 

Yuta...

 

And even the carrot seller is here...

 

Wait,

 

Why is Doyoung here?!

 

For a second, I thought I saw someone familiar in the crowd....nevermind that, I have other things to worry about.

 

"oh...heyy guys....." I awkwardly greeted them as I placed the hot packs in my jacket.

 

The new customers just stared at me in the eye, like a predator hunting its prey. Mrs Lee just giggled as she shook her head repeatedly. Her son, was straight up laughing at me, even the Japanese male beside him. The carrot seller is just looking at me weirdly. I bet he's judging me so hard right now..... second thought, I bet he judges me all the time

 

Sigh.

 

What a nice way to start the day. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~🍎~~~~

 

 

 

"You officially just embarrassed yourself out there." Taeyong laughed as he took a bite of our new menu, apple dumplings. 

 

"Woah, this is the stuff." He exclaimed as he took another bite, and another and another.

 

"You're welcome, I made those." I rolled my eyes at the black haired male. He's such a kid, sometimes. "are you going to continue to tease me or you're gonna leave my stall and never come back?!" I spat at him, trying my hardest not to laugh. I need to show, I'm the better man here. 

 

"Woah there, apple boy." He placed his left hand on his chest, dramatically. 

"That hurt my feelings." Faking a tear from his eyes. 

 

"Deal with it, TY Track." I rest my arms against each other. 

 

"What's going on?" Jina appeared to my side after serving a customer.

 

"Oh, nothing m-" I answered halfway, being cut off by a screaming Taeyong.

 

"HE BULLIED ME!" I looked at him in disbelief, did this grown man just lied ?!

 

"What?!" I shrieked back. 

"Winwin, did you really bully Taeyong?" Jina ticked as she rests her arms on her chest. 

 

I know I should be scared of an angry Jina but...she looks really attractive right now. 

 

"Um...no...I d-did not." Crap, I just stammered.

 

"He totally did so. He asked me to leave the stall and never come back!" Taeyong urged. I swear I'm gonna kick his back to his house...

 

"Winwin, you can't scare our loyal customers." 

 

"He just ate our food without paying!" He's eating another apple dumpling right now, acting all innocent.

 

"I will pay for the food, of course, you don't trust me?" 

"Of course we do, Winwin's just out of his mind today." Jina glared at me before smiling sweetly to Taeyong. 

 

Urgh, I hate this so much. And angry Jina is not helping at all for me right now.

 

"Say what, you'll pay for the two apple dumplings you ate and you'll get one free for your mom to try!" Jina chanted as she placed one into a small paper container. 

 

"Thanks, Jina, you're the best!" With that Taeyong left the stall with the biggest grin on his stupidly handsome face. 

 

"Bye Jina and Winwin!" He looked at me with his playful smirk. 

 

I really want to kick that pancake he got as a so badly...