chapter 6 : apples for lunch?

apple stall // nct’s winwin

            

 

Winwin's POV

 

"Do you want to go grab lunch together? I know this place that sells amazing pasta. But if y-you..."

 

"Sure. I would love too." Jina blurted before I could finish my sentence.

 

"Oh, then it's settled." I replied happily as I clasped my hands together. 

 

 

~~~~✨~~~~

 

 

"We should head back now, we have to prepare the stall soon." Jina advised as she looked at the watch on her left wrist.

 

"Thank you for the lunch, it was lovely." She gave me a smile that made my heart melt. Oh, how I wish she would smile at like that always.

 

"You're w-welcome!"

 

 

~~~~✨~~~~

 

 

After preparing all the baked goods on the wooden table. I took a seat on one of the wooden chairs prepared by Jina. She went to her car to grab something, I wonder what it was....

 

"You guys managed to prepare the stall before the usual opening huh?" I heard someone spoke in front of me.

 

"Of course, we would, if I had you in the team, we will be a month too late!" I sneered back.

 

"Hey, don't gotta be so mean with your old man now, Winwin!"

 

"I'm kidding Uncle!"

 

"I know you are, anyways, how's everything with Jina?"

 

"E-everything's f-fine Uncle, I brought her to lunch earlier." I muttered as I felt my cheeks reddening.

 

"How sweet of my nephew! Well, I gotta head back to the stall now, take care of this one alright?" 

 

"Will do Uncle!" He walked away from the stall and disappeared within the crowd.

 

"I'm back!" Jina beamed as she returned with a tote bag.

 

"What's in the bag?" I quirked as I stared at it.

 

"It's my Polaroid camera, I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture for this special occasion...."

 

"Of course, it will, here I'll help you take it." I took the camera from her hands and gestured her to stand behind her stall. I walked in front of it and positioned the camera to suit the frame.

 

"In one, two, three!" I chanted as I pressed the button on three. The shutter snapped close and immediately a film rolled out from the camera.

 

"Here you go!" I handed her the film. Slowly the film started to form and an image was shown.

 

"Y-you look pretty." I commented. She really did, she looked like an angel.

 

"T-thanks Winwin. But something's missing." She said as stared at me.

 

"Uh, Jina?" I asked puzzled. She walked towards me, closing the gap between us.

 

"We should take a picture together too, you're a part of this special occasion too." She softly whispered.

 

"Uhm, of course, s-sure." With that, Jina brought her face closer to mine as she held up the camera in front of her. She's too close to my face, abort mission, abort mission.

 

"Smile for the camera!" I smiled into the camera as she pressed the button to release the shutter.

 

" I hope it turned out well, I'm not good with cameras" I sheepishly said as I waited for the film to form.

 

"I'm pretty sure the cameras love you, Winwin."

 

"See! The picture turned up great!" She showed me the picture, it did look good, well I'm still convinced it's just Jina looking great but nonetheless......anything for her.

 

"Yeah, you're right, we look good." I replied with a smile.

 

 

~~~~✨~~~~

 

 

"Here you go! Hope you enjoy it!" I beamed as I handed a lady an apple strudel muffin in a white paper bag.

 

"Thank you, dear." The lady thanked me before walking away.

 

"Well, the muffins are the bestselling one yet." Jina mentioned as she looked at the rest of the baked goods left.

 

"Yeah you're right, but the others are still doing great nonetheless." I replied.

 

"Hello, sir! Would you be interested in buying our pastries? We have muffins, pies, tarts and cinnamon rolls!" I heard Jina hollered at a passer-by. He seemed interested, he's walking close towards the stall.

 

"Would like to buy any?" She continued. I looked at the passer-by, it was...... Yuta!

 

"Oh hello, oh heyyyyy!" Yuta said to Jina and then me. Wait, is he pretending to not know me?!

 

"Everything looks lovely, I would get one apple pie please." He told Jina with a smile. Urghhh, he's gonna do something.......

 

"Sure sir, I'll grab one for you!"

 

"Say, I haven't seen you guys around before, is the stall new?" Yuta quirked.

 

"Oh, yes! It's our first day today!" Jina beamed as she handed Yuta his pie.

 

"That'll be ₩47,000 please."

 

Yuta handed Jina the money.

 

"Well, I hope you guys do well, you guys seemed to be a cute couple...." he smirked at me. I mentally groaned in my head.

 

"Oh, t-thank you, b-but...."

 

"Sir, you should be going now, you're holding up a line." I curtly said as I gestured him to leave. There's no way I'm gonna let him mess with Jina or me either way.

 

"Hmmm, you're right, we'll see you around next time...?"

 

"Jina, my name is Jina!"

 

"See you around, Jina. Oh! I almost forgot to introduce myself, my name is Yuta and I have a hot chocolate stall, please come if you'll like. It's just beside the park." Yuta bid goodbye and gave me one last look before walking away. I'm so gonna kick his later....

 

"Oh sure, I'll be sure to give a visit! Thanks again, Yuta!"

 

"He seemed nice didn't he, Winwin?" Jina quirked as she giggled softly.

 

"Uhm yeah, he did...." I was more determined to kick his all the way back to Japan....

 

"Hello there, would you like to buy our pastries?" Jina hollered again. It was a middle-aged woman with a tall yet thin male beside him.

 

"Oh, it's the handsome apple seller! Look son, it's Winwin!" The lady squeaked.

 

"Winwin, you know them?" Jina asked me puzzled.

 

"Yeah, they buy apples from my stall." I muttered loudly enough for her to hear. I hope Taeyong's mom won't say anything embarrassing......

 

"Hey, Winwin! Why aren't you at the apple stall?" Taeyong greeted me.

 

"Hey, Taeyong, I'm helping Jina here, with her stall, it's our first day today." I replied as I introduced Jina to him.

 

"I see, hello my name is Taeyong, but you can call me Tae or whatever really." He chuckled as he introduced himself to Jina.

 

"My name is Jina! Nice to meet you, hmmm can I call you TY?"

 

"TY? Hmm I like that, sure!"

 

"Well, I remember now! You're Mr Dong number one customer, aren't you?" Mrs Lee chanted. Jina nodded bashfully.

 

"I'll support your stall of course! Give me one of everything! Anything to look beautiful and youthful as you dear!" Taeyong did a mini face palm, I mentally agreed.

 

"Sure! I'll grab them for you!" Jina replied as she quickly picks up the pastries with tongs.

 

"Here, a paper bag." I handed Jina the said item.

 

"Thanks, Winwin!" she smiled at me before placing all the pastries carefully into the bag.

 

"That'll be ₩18,300 please." Jina asked as she handed the paper bag to Taeyong.

 

"here you go, TY!" 

 

"Thanks, Jina!" Taeyong replied with a laugh.

 

"Here you go, dear." Mrs. Lee said as she handed the money to her.

 

" Thank you, please come back and tell us what's your favourite pastry.

 

"Thank you, Mrs Lee, and Taeyong."  Mrs Lee nodded before walking away, Taeyong did the same but before doing so, he walked closer to me,

 

"hmmm, so this is the girl Yuta keeps saying that you're with?"

 

"How did you know? AND HOW I mean how do you know Yuta?" I whispered the last part, not wanting Jina to hear it.

 

"My mom always ask me to buy her hot chocolate there, anyways good luck! I'm rooting for you!" with that he left but without giving me a wink first.

 

"urgh, Yuta...." I muttered under my breath.

 

 

~~~~✨~~~~

 

 

"Looks like we did pretty well today! We managed to sell everything except this......last apple pie." jina chanted but her last few words sounded sad. It was already 7 pm and everyone was packing away their stalls.

 

"what's wrong?" I asked her, we did really well today with our sales.....

 

"I really thought we could sell everything today...." Jina said with a dry laugh. She sat down on the wooden chair.

 

" We did! The last pie is for us to celebrate our stall!" I answered her as I took a sit beside her. 

 

"Hmmm you're right! We do deserve a slice!" Jina chanted happily as she took the slice of apple pie into a paper plate. Jina took a bite of it. She hummed happily as she took another one.

 

" Here, try some!" Jina beamed as she cut a piece with a paper fork. 

 

"s-sure." I replied nervously. she scooted her chair closer so she could feed me. She extended her hand closer to my face. I hesitantly went closer before eating the apple pie.

 

" It's really good!" I hummed happily enjoying the sweet treat in my mouth. 

 

"Have some more then!" she laughed as she cut another piece.

 

" I can hold the fork, you dont have to f-feed m-me." I mumbled nervously.

 

"it's okay! I dont mind!" she urged as she push the fork closer to face. 

 

"come on, Winnie!" she chimed with a smile. There goes my cheeks again. I nodded slowly before consuming the piece of apple pie. I hummed in delight once more as I tasted the soft yet crisp apple pieces in my mouth.

 

"Glad you like it." she laughed happily. I smiled at her jubilantly. I heard a noise in front of the stall. It sounded like a shutter shutting.

 

"Wow, you guys sure are having fun there!" Someone said, I turned around and it was Uncle!

 

"UNCLE, I mean uncle, what did you just do?" I saw him holding the polaroid camera that Jina placed on the wooden table earlier when we started cleaning up.

 

" I took a picture of you guys! However, I'm not sure if it turned out well..." 

 

"Mr Dong! I-i mean Uncle, I didn't notice you were there!" Jina exclaimed as she stood up from her chair.

 

"I didn't want to disturb the moment you guys were having." Uncle laughed loudly.

 

"well, you already ruin it." I muttered under my breath.

 

"Oh! The picture turn out great!" Uncle said as he showed the picture to Jina.

 

"Lemme see!" I bet he was lying, he is the worst when it comes to taking pictures. I rushed towards where he and Jina was standing.

 

"it's really c-cute..." I heard jina whispered. Cute? You mean how cute the fact it was a blurry picture? Or the fact that it was really a cute picture...

 

"Uncle give it to me." I took it from his hands and inspected the picture. 

 

It was both of us, Jina and I sitting on the wooden chair when she fed me. She was laughing and I was smiling. I blushed ferociously, it was indeed a cute picture. Well the Jina part, me not so much.

 

" You guys look cute together!" Uncle gushed like a fangirl. 

 

"Anyways, who's going to keep it? I sadly would like to keep it, but its better if it was either of you too." Uncle joked, as he faked a tear. I gave him a glare, don't embarrass me!

 

"It's up to J-jina, it's her camera after a-all." I stammered as I look towards Jina. 

 

"Winwin can keep it, I have the other pi-picture after all." Jina smiled at me as she gestured me to have it.  

 

"are you s-sure?" 

 

" unless you dont want to...."

 

"NO I WOULD LO-I mean I would love to keep it." I exclaimed a little too excitedly. I saw uncle stifling a laugh from the corner of my eye. Guess, I have two people to kick today...

 

"Well that settles it! Here, I'll help you guys pack up, it's getting late! Winwin you're driving her back home, right?" Uncle asked he started to remove the cake tiers on the table.

 

" It's okay Uncle, I can drive home no worries, I'm sure Winwin is tired from today."

 

"Nonsense! You need help to bring everything back inside your house. You'll help her back won't you Winwin?" 

 

" of-of course I will! I'm sure you're tired too, Jina, besides it was your first day in the farmers market after all." 

 

" I guess you're right, I am pretty tired...." Jina said as she laughed.

 

"Alright that's good! I'll pick you up from her house once you're done! Just text me the details!" Uncle hollered.

 

I guess, Uncle is a cool guy after all, I thought. With a chuckle, I started to clean up the stall.