chapter 1 : jonathan and jonagolds.

apple stall // nct’s winwin

"Winwin, you have nothing going on for this few months right?" Winwin's uncle, Mr. Dong asked.

"No uncle, I'm waiting for my exam results before applying to uni. I just wanna relax for a bit." He answered back.

"Well, do you mind helping me out with the stall?" His uncle continued. Winwin was sitting on the couch playing with his phone. He had to pause the game he was playing to answer his uncle's questions.

He lived with his uncle in South Korea for a few years now because he wanted to enrol in an arts performing school here in Seoul rather than his hometown. His uncle has already retired from the business industry for a few years now but during autumn season, he opens an apple stall in the farmer's market. Mr. Dong really sticks to the said rule, 'An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.' Winwin however thinks his uncle is weird and have a slight unhealthy relationship with apples.

Winwin has never been to his uncle's stall as he was always busy with college. He thought hard, why not? He's not doing anything productive, it's nice outside and it's only for a few hours,what could go wrong?

"Okay, uncle, I'll help you and I get paid right?" Winwin replied back while looking at Mr.Dong.

"₩5000 an hour?"

"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uncle, we've been here for 2 hours and only a few has bought our apples." Winwin complained.

"We have to be patient, Winwin. When my number 1 customer arrives, everyone will be buying our apples." He's uncle replied reassuringly. 
"Number 1 customer?" The named male asked.

"Yes, she buys apples from me every autumn season, she makes really good apple pie." Mr. Dong continued.

"So, a nice old lady?" His uncle laughed before saying, "See for yourself." Winwin nodded and continued looking around the market to see if anyone was interested in their stall.

Soon enough, a old lady who was wearing a simple dress was walking near Winwin's uncle's stall. Is she the number 1 customer that his uncle was talking about?

"Excuse me, are you interested in buying our apples?" Winwin asked when the old lady got closer to his stall. The old lady just shook her head and walked away. 
"She's not my number 1 customer, Winwin." Mr. Dong laughed. Winwin just blushed in embarrassment and sat quietly on his wooden stool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Winwin's POV
I can't believe I embarrassed myself just now. I sat quietly and continued to look around. I then saw alot of old ladies walking around, I rather not say anything like last time.

Staring at the jonathan and jonagold apples in our display for a few minutes, I saw a puppy running around the street playing with a branch in his mouth. Cute, I thought. I wanted to pet it but uncle will not allow it. I just continued looking at the cute puppy playing with the leaves on the ground and being oh so adorable. 
"uncle, can I...." I started.
"no." 
"but I didn't finish my question." 
" I already know the question Winwin." 
I sulked and laid my head on the display table. Uncle is torturing me, he knows how much I love puppies.

Soon, a female figure walked towards the puppy and pet it. She had long straight black hair and was wearing a simple white dress and a black coat. I couldn't see her face as her back was facing me. The puppy moved closer to the stall and the lady turned her back away from me. I saw her face and accidentally fell from my stool.

"Winwin! Are you okay?" My uncle asked while helping me get up. I nodded and brushed the dirt that was on my pants.

"Were you looking at that lady?" I blushed and shook my head. Uncle can't know I fell for a girl, literally.

" Are you sure?"

"Yes Uncle, I'm sure." I lied.

"Then, call her here, I'm sure she would like to buy some apples."

"Uncle! No, I mean I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"Umm, I don't know her." I said stupidly.

"You didn't know the old lady but you called out to her anyway."  I mentally face palmed myself, what a stupid reason.

"Uncle please don't." I begged him, if she came near, I would die.

"Then, I call her myself."

"You wouldn't dare,uncle." Uncle just smirked at me and called her. UNCLE SMIRKED AT ME! UNCLE WTF.
"Hey, would you like to buy some apples today?!" Uncle shouted at the lady. She heard him and stood up from petting the puppy. She walked towards our stall and I immediately hid behind uncle. Well, more like bend because uncle is short af. The lady was in-front of the stall and I peeked from uncle's shoulder.

"Hello, Mr.Dong! How are you today?" She spoked. Wait, Mr. Dong? She knows uncle?

"I'm good, please call me uncle Dong." Uncle replied. I gasped loudly. UNCLE YOU BETTER EXPLAIN YOURSELF, you never let anyone call you uncle!!! It took you two years to let me call you uncle. SMH.

"I'm sorry, uncle Dong. Hmmm, wait, who's that behind you?" Oh no, she spotted me. Wait, no , I'm tall compared to uncle's short limps.

"Ah, this is my nephew." Uncle went to the side and exposed me. UNCLE NO! KANDKSNFKD

"Hello...?" She asked.

"Umm Sicheng... I mean Sicheng is my real name but you can call me Winnie... I mean Winwin." I replied. , did I just said Winnie. Oh my god, she must thing I'm stupid as heck. God please kill me right now. Can I be allergic by touching apples and die right now. I think even her presence can kill me right now in this very spot.

"Winnie? That's cute." She laughed. Her laugh is so cute, she can call me Winnie anytime now. I would even legally change my name to Winnie.

"Hello, Winwin, my name is Jina." She smiled. I nervously smiled back at her. She's so beautiful.

"Anyways, Jina, what apples do you want to buy today?" Uncle spoked up from my side. Jina looked at him and replied, "Jonathan and Jonagolds."

"Okay, Winnie.." I was about to glare at uncle but I decided not to.

"I mean Winwin, help her choose the apples." I nodded and was about to take a plastic bag but Jina stopped me.

"Please, use this instead." She gave me her wooden basket she was carrying. Our hands accidentally touched and I seriously thought I felt electric sparks up my body.

Jina picked her apples and I placed them in her basket.

"5 each, so that would be ₩12000 please." I counted the apples. Jina paid and said, "Thank you, I'll come again soon." 
"Bye, uncle Dong." She said and then looked at me, " Bye, Winwin, see you around."

"BYE, I mean bye Jina, please come again!" I said a little too excitedly. She laughed and walked away. , I might scared her away.

"Isn't my number 1 customer beautiful?" Uncle said out of nowhere.

"Jina is your number 1 customer?!" I thought it was some nice old lady. Man, I was wrong.

"Yes, she is. Anyways, do you plan on continuing this job?"

"YES, I mean, it's not that bad, it's fine."

"Winwin, you're bad at lying." Uncle smirked.

"Why are you doing that face?"

"Oh you know, Winwin." Well great, uncle is gonna tease the apples out of me.

"UNCLE NO!" I shrieked. Uncle just laughed, but it was a different laugh, an evil one.

"Excuse me, are you the stall that sold apples to a beautiful lady with black hair?" A middle aged woman asked out of nowhere.

"Yes, why?" Uncle replied.

"I saw her and was mesmerised by her beauty, I asked what does she eat to become so beautiful and she answered apples."  I looked at her funny, is this lady for real? I ate apples and I'm not close to Jina's beauty.

"I see." Uncle replied with no hints of amusement. Is this something normal to him?!

"I would like to buy, 10 of each type you have now."

Soon, a group of middle aged ladies started coming to our stall with the same reason, except one, she was hungry and wanted a snack but nonetheless.

In the end, we sold nearly our whole stock. There was only a few left. I was speechless.

"Told you, all you need is patience." Uncle said.

"and the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on holding apples." I continued.

"You're so whipped Winwin." I glared at uncle and started to close our stall.