chapter 4 : cinnamon rolls + 🍏 ? pt.2

apple stall // nct’s winwin

 

"How does she look like?" Yuta asked his Chinese best friend. They were chilling in his room as Winwin munched on the snacks he had laid out on the bed. 

 

"Well, she's beautiful." Winwin answered him. 

 

"She has long black hair, she's maybe around 165 cm? She has the cutest freckles on her nose and cheeks. And oh, she has a small beauty mark under her right eye. It's really small but it's there." Winwin continued.

 

"Winwin, you basically stared at the girl the whole time." Yuta said in a matter of factly.

 

"She's really pretty okay, I'm sorry." Winwin said defensively. Yuta laughed as he ate a strawberry jam cookie.

 

"What does she do? Other than make you go crazy that is." 

 

"Yuta please don't tease me. Well, she likes baking! Oh,she really loves apples, she's my uncle's number one customer! Can you believe that?" 

 

"Yeah, I can believe that. Cute girls come to my stall all the time." Yuta said while smirking. 

 

"Yeah bet they come just for your face." Winwin teased. The Japanese young man hit Winwin defensively.

 

"Hey they come for me and hot chocolate, like your name, it's a Winwin." 

 

"Okay hot stuff. Whatever floats your boat." Winwin answered back.

 

"But for real, what am I gonna do? I never dated a girl my entire life." Throughout Winwin's 19 years living on this planet, he have never been in a relationship. He get too shy or nervous to ask a girl out. Or he end running away before confessing. 

 

"Aww don't worry Winwin. How bout we continue this tomorrow when you introduce me to her?" Yuta suggested.

 

"Okay but you better not steal her. She's MINE." The Chinese young man said while exaggerating on the word mine.

 

"I won't, Winwin. I'm a man who stays true to his words."

 

"But you did that one time." Winwin said recalling that one event.

 

"Winwin, that was 10 years ago. We were kids."

 

"I'm pretty sure we still are." The latter replied.

 

~~~~🍰~~~~

 

"So, like how do I introduce her to you?" Winwin asked his Japanese friend as he was setting up the apple stall. Yuta was helping him as well.

 

"Just bring her to my stall anytime. Treat her to some hot chocolate duh." 

 

"But I'm shy." Winwin replied. He could feel his cheeks burning up at the thought of asking Jina for some hot chocolate.

 

"Come on, we have to be a sangnamja, ya know? I can't see you stay single forever. My main goal in life is to see you get a girlfriend and marry or maybe owning ₩100000000 but that's unlikely so yeah." 

 

"Sheesh, the chances of you getting that money is much higher than me getting a girlfriend."

 

"Aye, you never know."

 

 

~~~~🍏~~~~

 

"Hello Mr. Dong! How are you this afternoon?" Jina asked the nice old man infront of her.

 

"I'm doing fine Jina, how are you?" Mr.Dong asked to his number one customer.

 

"I'm good. I brought cinnamon rolls for you to try and oh, also for you Winnie!" She smiled at Winwin who was blushing and apparently dying on the spot as we speak. Winwin couldn't believe that Jina decided to call him. He didn't mind it one bit as long as it's coming out from .

 

"I decided to put some Granny Smiths I had leftover to balance the sweetness out. What do you guys think?" Jina asked as she handed Mr.Dong and Winwin a plate each of the baked good.

 

"It's really good! As always, Jina." Mr.Dong complimented and smiled warmly at the young lady.

 

"It's really good J..ji..na." Winwin stuttered at the young lady. He still hasn't got use to being around Jina. The way she smiled or talked made Winwin blush furiously every time. 

 

"Say, Jina. You should open a stall here!" Mr. Dong suggested out of the blue. Jina was suprised, she never thought of opening a stall by herself here in the farmers market.

 

"A stall here?" Jina questioned the short old man.

 

"Yeah, you can sell your baked goods. It would be a total hit! You could even ask Winwin for help." Mr.Dong continued. He looked at Winwin who was standing frozen beside him, "right Winwin? You'll help Jina right?" 

 

"That's actually a good idea, Mr.Dong! Are you sure Winwin would want to help me. He seems busy with the apple stall here....." Jina said. She was worried because she thought Winwin wouldn't want to waste his time helping her. She actually find the young man very cute and couldn't help but have a small crush on him.

 

" Nonsense! Winwin would love to help you! Right Winwin?" The old man said while nudging his nephew's shoulder. The latter was still shocked not knowing what to say. 

 

"I would love to help you with your stall. If..if..t..that..that's fine with you." Winwin answered back nervously. Being closer to his crush made him a nervous wreck.

 

"It'll be so much fun!" Jina replied happily. She was happy of the thought of her selling her baked goods and of course, spending some time with her handsome crush.

 

~~~~💕~~~~

 

For the whole week, Jina was busy preparing for her stall. She went to her local carpenter for a wooden market stall, bought table cloths, chalkboards, cake displays and such. 

 

She was almost prepared, just a few things, what kind of baked goods she was going to make? She was sure it would all involve apples. Jina loves apples that much. 

 

"Hmm, what should the stall name even be?" Jina pondered as she paced around back and forth in her small cozy house.

 

"Maybe, I should ask Winwin for help?" She asked herself. She smiled at the thought of working with Mr. Dong's nephew. Jina's first expression of Winwin was that she thought he was some random guy Mr.Dong picked up to work for him. However, that would be most unlikely based on how close he was to Mr.Dong. 

 

Jina liked the way he introduced himself, she found him cute, accidentally mispronouncing his name. That day when she made him apple pie, she actually took her time to make the perfect one. She wanted  Mr. Dong to try it and of course, Winwin. 

 

Without herself realising, day by day, she fell harder for the Chinese boy.

 

~~~~🎤~~~~