Chapter 9

A Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry for the delay, life keeps getting in the way ;.;

[A year and eight months prior to Hangeng and Heechul meeting]

Jungsoo was watching his best friend, Heechul, from afar. They managed to get into the same university and major, so they were always together. Now was one of those moments where Heechul would space out and a pained expression would cross his face. Heechul didn’t say anything about Hangeng, unless he was drunk but Jungsoo could tell with one look at Heechul’s face when Heechul was thinking about his boyfriend.

Jungsoo had always been crazy, in the sense that he would go above and beyond for the people he loved and cared for, and that didn’t leave out Heechul. Heechul made his own efforts to find Hangeng, but nothing came out of it.

Jungsoo never wanted his feelings to surface, but he couldn’t let the one he loved be so miserable. Yes, Jungsoo loved Heechul for a long time, long before Hangeng appeared, but Jungsoo knew, when Heechul and Hangeng got together, that all the space in Heechul’s heart had been taken. Even when Hangeng was gone. So, for his loved one, he searched for Hangeng. Jungsoo went so far as to force his high school faculty to tell him Hangeng’s address in China.

Two months later, the semester ended and Jungsoo found himself on a plane trip to Mudanjiang, China. The plane ride would be three hours, and the drive to Geng’s house would be forty-five minutes to an hour from the airport. Jungsoo was determined to find Hangeng for the sake of his best friend, and secret crush.

Jungsoo would check in to the hotel he was saying at later, he needed to see if Hangeng was home. He had figured out how to get to Hangeng, but he hadn’t exactly figured out how he was gonna act in front of Hangeng. Oh well, no going back now. He thought to himself.

He knocked on the door of the house, a few minutes later an elderly woman peeked from behind the door. Jungsoo smiled, greeted her in broken Chinese and asked her for Hangeng. She was wary at first, immediately calling someone on the phone.

She handed the phone to Jungsoo, who immediately took the call.

“Hello?” Jungsoo said in Chinese, and then in Korean

“Hi, who is this?” The person over the phone asked in Korean

“It’s me, Jungsoo from high school,” Jungsoo replied

“Oh my god, Hyung? It’s me, Hangeng! What are you doing here? I’m at work actually, I’ll be done later at night. I’ll take you out for a drink if you want and then we can talk there?”

Jungsoo was a little surprised by the excited tone in Hangeng’s voice, “O-oh, Yeah, that sounds good,”

“Which hotel are you staying at? You have a place to say, right? If no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter