Chapter 7

A Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And just like that, days became weeks, weeks became months and eventually, Heechul got accepted into a good university and graduated high school. His first year in university began, yet his heart couldn’t move on past Hangeng. Even the thought of going out on blind dates made him feel as if he was cheating on Hangeng, when he didn’t even know where the other was.

Sometimes Heechul would think about what Hangeng was doing, if he was okay and eating properly if he was dressed warmly for the weather and if he knew that Heechul still loved him. But all Heechul could do was wonder, he had no idea where Hangeng was, even after a year. Heechul had moved out after his graduation, and since he was the youngest in his family, they decided to move back to their hometown after Heechul graduated. Heechul thought it was for the best, his house would always remind him of the memories he shared with Hangeng, and even Jungsoo pointed out that it would be better if he wasn’t reminded.

Heechul could now say, as his second year in college was wrapping up, that having moved into an apartment near the university and visiting his family in a different home, definitely helped him in burying his memories. But the nights Heechul fell into a drunken stupor, he would call out for Hangeng as he subconsciously could not lie to himself. Hangeng was his everything and he was a fool for not being able to let go even after three years.

Heechul couldn’t manage through the summer without a job, he couldn’t spend all of his time at home, for he would effortlessly fall back into his thoughts about Hangeng. So he and Jungsoo, who also happened to get into the same school as Heechul, applied to work at a department store. They were both business majors, and needed experience, but the only way to get experience was to work their way up.

One hot summer day in July, both Heechul and Jungsoo were on the same shift.

“It’s so damn hot outside, thank God we work indoors,” Jungsoo said as he folded clothes besides Heechul

“If I believed in God, I would’ve thanked him too,” Heechul replied, making Jungsoo roll his eyes.

“Anyways, we have about a month and a half to enjoy our summer vacation, how about we gather some of our good friends and plan a road trip?” Jungsoo offered excitedly

“A road trip? But we’ve been to most places in Korea?” Heechul asked

“Okay, how ‘bout a guys night out in Jeju?” Jungsoo tried again

“Which one of us looks rich enough to support that idea?” Heechul asked again

“Can you stop being such a sourpuss, pick o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter