Chapter 2

A Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Four months later--

Heechul was getting ready to go over to Hangeng’s apartment. This had become their weekend routine, on Saturdays Heechul would go over to Hangeng’s apartment, and on Sundays, Hangeng would come over to Heechul’s house. They usually studied together, Heechul was teaching Hangeng Korean, while Hangeng was teaching Heechul Chinese, they also studied for school subjects and both struggled equally with English. They had an English exam coming up so they wanted to study even harder.

Heechul rode the bus to Hangeng’s apartment, he could’ve biked like Hangeng did to get to Heechul’s house, but Heechul wasn’t about to sweat who in their right minds would do that?

“Hannie! I’m here” Heechul entered, he had a spare key to Hangeng’s apartment

“I swear it sounds like you’re calling me honey,” Hangeng laughed

“I might as well,” Heechul shrugged, putting his backpack down by the table

“Chul, we have an exam lets get started on the English right away!” Hangeng said, “I’ll make fried rice for you tonight if you pass the practice exam with a 95%” He said enthusiastically

“Ugh, why are you like this,” Heechul’s shoulders dropped  

“I just don’t want my scholarship to be canceled” Hangeng pouted at Heechul

“Fine, fine, make some for lunch too, let’s get started” Heechul agreed.

They worked on the practice exams with high concentration, and both managed to get above 95% on the practice exams.

“Yes! Fried Rice! Fried Rice!” Heechul cheered like a child, Hangeng smiled at the other’s antics. They had gotten quite close over the past few months. Heechul seemed to be really fond of Hangeng, and Hangeng liked Heechul as well.

Hangeng was in the kitchen, making the fried rice when he saw Heechul walk in. Heechul sat down at the kitchen table.

“Hannie, after the exam, I wanna tell you something, will you listen?”

“Yeah, of course,” Hangeng said, turning off the stove, “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s okay” Heechul smiled, but Hangeng knew it wasn’t a real smile because it didn’t reach his eyes the way it normally does when he actually smiles.

“Okay, I’m all ears whenever you need me” Hangeng returned back to the food, adding the last of the seasoning and serving it to Heechul and himself.

“Yes! I’m a lucky person to be able to eat your homemade fried rice whenever I want” Heechul said picking up his spoon, he said thank you in Chinese.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter