06:00

Time and Tide...
Please log in to read the full chapter

22:30 PM

Show starts

Tae Jin kept giving me confused looks from the moment we exited the car, his confusion quickly turned into suspicion when I gave the bouncer at the entrance my name. The pathologist-in-training kept shaking his head when we were ushered towards the front, if any of us were a bit crazy then we would be able to climb on the stage and join whoever's performing.

The place was already crowded with what seems to be fans, and it would be right to assume that the ratio of women to men in attendance is 10:7, a few girls standing the right of me kept screaming during the announcer's small speech, and due to the intensity of their shouts I visibly cringe. Tae Jin places a hand on my shoulder and as I look at him I could see nothing but sheer worry in his eyes.

He sighs deeply then move to stand beside me so now I'm sandwiched between him and Ji Sung, who's currently giving the over ecstatic fan girls a glare that could kill. As I was about to tell the two friends who are sometimes like guardians, that I was fine since my hearing aids have built-in automatic volume control, the man of the hour steps out on the stage, all thoughts of explaining anything to the two vanishes as soon as he lifts the mic to his lips and belt out a note.

I'm caught in awe once more as I hear his voice, his black hair is slicked back and he has a bandana wrapped around his head, well it's actually over his forehead and almost covering his eyes. I choose not to mentally comment on his fashion sense as I'm trying to condition my mind to get used to the way how he dresses by now.

As a matter of fact, I still have no idea how I'm not used to the fashion on this side of the world and I've been living here for a while now. "Where's your guy?" I turn my head to Tae Jin as he leans down to my level, "he's going to miss everything." 

I point to the stage and the long-time friend of mine frowns as he follows my fingers with his eyes, he chuckles to himself then looks at Ji Sung. "Hyung, Ri Ta-ah's boyfriend's the DJ." 

I make a face as my eyes then fall to the older man behind the turntables, I pull on Tae Jin's hand and he wipes the smile from his face when he meets my serious eyes, he sighs then leans down once more. "It's not the DJ! It's the singer!" 

He widens his eyes at the revelation then quickly looks back at the stage where Hyuk's singing his heart out, Tae Jin gives me a surprised look then looks back at the stage. He shakes his head in disbelief then looks at Ji Sung who simply shrugs at him with a surprised look of his own.

Tae Jin gives me one of his special looks which comes out only when there's something serious that we need to talk about. I nod my head at him in understanding then turn my eyes to the stage and keep them there as I start to become lost in Hyuk's voice. 

22:30 - 02:45 AM

Show ends

Hyuk had asked me to stay behind once his show comes to an end, at the time I had no problem with doing that for him as I thought there would be no issue in me waiting until he was done with everything, but I guess I was wrong. Tae Jin's special look returns as he takes a seat on one of the chairs, I try to avoid his stare as I look around the empty club, the many patrons didn't linger inside once the show came to an end, so that gave the various assistants and audio technicians a chance to take care of various equipment while others cleaned up. 

"Cha Ri Ta," I look back at him and he sighs, "just what are you doing? If that guy's really who you say he is, can you handle everything else that comes along with him?" 

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at him, "what's that supposed to mean?"

Ji Sung steps in between us with a sigh of his own, "let's not jump to conclusions," he looks at Tae Jin, "I'm sure Ri Ta-ah can handle herself and her relationship." 

Tae Jin rises to his feet and I sneer at him, however he pays no attention to the look on my face as his eyes are focused elsewhere, I turn around just in time to see Hyuk approaching us and my palms immediately start to sweat. He smiles sweetly at me and I try to mirror his with one of my own, but I probably look like I'm forced to do it so I relax the muscles in my face. 

He bows at the two men, "hello, I'm Kwon Hyuk, nice to meet you." 

The two return his bow, Tae Jin keeps squinting his eyes at us while Ji Sung smiles widely, I shake my head at them due to how weird they look right now. I clear my throat, "this is Nam Ji Sung and Kim Tae Jin, my friends." 

Ji Sung's smile grow even wider, if that's even possible, "you were really cool on stage." 

Hyuk bows humbly at the nurse, Tae Jin then shakes his head and I quickly give him a warning glare. "Take care of her," my facial expression quickly changes, "oh and I'm a big fan, keep up the good work," he then turns to Ji Sung, "let's go." 

The two friends bow at him once more then walk off toward the exit, I blink at their retreating backs as I watch them leave. "Your friends seem pretty nice." 

I nod my head at that then turn to look at him, "they're actually idiots underneath all that." 

He chuckles softly, "mine too, and I don't think I can handle them right now," he takes my hand in his, "can you do me a favour? Let's go for a drive. Tell your friends to leave without you." 

03:00 - 04:30 AM

Get to Incheon

I awake just in time to see Hyuk staring at me, I blink up at him and sit up quickly with a clear of my throat, the singer chuckles softly then unbuckles his seatbelt. "Grab the coffee will you." 

When did he even stop to get coffee?

I unbuckle my seatbelt and grab the coffees, I squint my eyes as soon as I open the passenger door and step out of the car, a look of confusion washes over me as I realize exactly where we are. The water looks calm, deep and unmoving as I continue to stare at it, a few fishing boats that were docked for the night, show little to no movements as I look at them in detail.

Hyuk returns to stand beside me with a scarf and blanket in his

Please log in to read the full chapter