05:00

Time and Tide...
Please log in to read the full chapter

09:00 - 12:00 AM

Wake up Eat Jog

12:00 - 12:30 PM

Call Hyuk

12:30 - 12:45 PM

Feed Sir Sleeps Alot

12:45 - 15:45 PM

Study

15:45 - 19:45 PM

Sleep

19:45 - 20:15 PM

Wake up Call Hyuk

20:15 - 20:30 PM

Shower

20:30 - 21:00 PM

Eat

21:00 - 21:20 PM

Get ready

21:20 - 21:25 PM

Feed Sir Sleeps Alot

21:25 - 21:55 PM

Get to work

21:55 - 22:15 PM

Refer to work schedule Text Hyuk

22:15 - 00:30 AM

Work

00:30 - 00:45 AM

First break

00:45 - 03:00 AM

Resume work

03:00 - 04:30 AM

Lunch/breakfast

"Congratulations." 

I flash one of my fellow interns a blank look as she blatantly sneers at me, with her head held high, she stares at me, and judging by her crossed arms, I can immediately tell she's trying to assert her dominance over me. "It seems like you already have the surgeon's syndrome, a simple thank you would suffice." 

I hand the tablet back to the silent nurse who's nervously looking back and forth between me and the now annoying intern. The crimson tiger stands boldly but doesn't overshadow the large words of Korea University on her crest. I sigh deeply as the intern whose name I still have no interest in trying to learn, seems to have no thoughts of moving. 

"But then this is Yonsei's hospital after all, and here I thought that no special treatment would be given." 

My phone buzzes in my pocket, "just a second." 

The screen flashes Mr Stalker and I quickly step away from the intern's blazing eyes. "You're a lifesaver," he chuckles deeply. 

"So I'm no longer a stalker?" 

I walk through the automatic doors as I exit the emergency ward, "don't push it." 

"Where are you now?" 

"I'm about to go eat and study," he hums at my question.

"Come downstairs." 

I blink rapidly as I pull the phone from my ear. Is he here?

With hurried steps, I make my way to the elevator, and as soon as the doors closes, I let down my hair so it could cover my ears. 

"Ri Ta-ssi?" 

I clear my throat as I put the phone back to my ear. "Still here, sorry about that. Where exactly downstairs are you?" 

"By the information desk." 

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec." 

I nervously tap my foot as the short phone call comes to an end, I blow out a breath as the elevator make its stop on the ground floor. Hyuk isn't hard to miss, it doesn't matter if he's in yet another hat that covers majority of his face, his clothes always makes him stand out. Always.

I rush over to him and he smiles at me as he pulls his face mask down to his neck. "Hi." 

I smile shyly at him, "hey. What are you doing here?" 

He brings his hands from behind his back and present a large McDonald's bag. 

"I hope you're hungry." 

I nod my head at him, "let's go." 

He follows me silently as I lead him to the cafeteria, he gives me a weird look as I usher him through the doors, a few medical personnel sit scantily, some reading and the majority sleeping. 

"Are you sure I can be in here?" 

I pull him over to a table and he sits while still looking around uneasily. 

"It's fine. But how did you get McDonald's this early?" 

He smiles up at me then starts to take stuff out of the bag, I clap happily as he places coffee and a breakfast muffin before me. "Perks of being a celebrity I guess," I look at him, "I had to give out a few autographs, and it opens twenty-four hours." 

I nod my head at him as I take a sip of the coffee, "ah, I see." 

I take a bite of the muffin and sigh once more, this time even much more happy as I chew slowly, I nod my head from side to side as I eat with content. "Why are you so cute?" 

I stop moving my head then swallow. "Pretend you didn't see that." 

He chuckles then take a sip of his coffee. "You get off at seven right?" I nod my head sadly, "isn't it hard?" 

"Sometimes, but I guess it's what I signed up for." 

He nods his head in understanding, "do you ever go a day without studying?" 

I bite my lip as I think about the question, "no." 

He shakes his head at me, "take a break sometimes." 

"I do take breaks, like when I sleep or go jogging." 

He leans forward, "that's not what I mean and you know it." 

I sigh, "I can't though. Next month I'll start shadowing some trauma surgeons so I'll have to study more." 

He scratches his chin, "hold on, I thought you were just going to be a regular doctor." 

I nod my head, "I matched with the emergency department, but since I kept doing well on all the exams I was chosen to study under a few surgeons here. So when that's done, I'll be a doctor who basically lives in the emergency room and in the OR. So, basically a trauma surgeon."

He blinks at me in surprise, "that's really impressive," he takes his hat off and scratch his hair, "you just keep on impressing me." 

I look at him and he smiles, "congratulations Dr Cha," I shake my head at him but smile anyway, "come to my show tonight?" 

The sudden invitation catches me by surprise and I blink at him. "Say yes." 

"But what about-" 

He reaches over and places his index finger on my lips. "You're going to take a break from studying, and Sir Sleeps Alot will be fine. You can take a few of your friends and I'll let you meet mine. It's a win for both of us." 

I slowly nod my head and he smiles up at me then lean back in his chair. "Good girl. I want to kiss you so badly, but too many eyes." 

I furrow my eyebrows at him but before I could comment on his statement I hear my name coming from the lips of someone else. "Dr Cha?" 

As soon as I turn my head and spot the resident, I stand to my feet and bow in greeting. "Hello Dr Kim," I clear my throat awkwardly, "this is Hyuk," the singer stans to his feet and bows politely. 

Dr Kim outstretches his hand and I watch awkwardly as the singer shakes it. "Nice to meet you Hyuk-ssi," the resident turns to me and smiles softly, "finish up and meet me in my office," he smiles at Hyuk as well, "enjoy the rest of your meal." 

I blow out a nervous breath as the doctor exits the cafeteria, "he seems nice, but are you in trouble?" 

I shake my head, "he's my resident, kinda like my supervisor." 

He nods his head then looks down at his watch, "you have ten minutes left, I should go." 

I nod my head then clear my throat, "can I um, maybe walk you to your car? You can say no, I'll fully understand." 

He smiles brightly, "look at you, warming up to me." 

I roll my eyes at him then help to clean up the table. As we exit the cafeteria, our hands brush against each other, the tingles shoot up my arm and I immediately become confused as I don't know whether or not to hold his hand or walk away.

But before I can do anything else the singer grabs onto my hand. "Um, Hyuk?" 

He turns and looks down at me, "by the way, how old are you?" he intertwines our fingers as we walk across the lobby, "I think I'm older than you by at least a year, Hyuk oppa. Try saying it." 

I grimace at him and tries to pull my hand away but he holds on tightly and leads me through the front doors. He places our joined hands in the deep pocket of his long coat, I look up at him and he winks back at me.

Please log in to read the full chapter