02:00

Time and Tide...
Please log in to read the full chapter

06:00 - 09:00 AM

Wake up Eat Jog

09:00 - 11:00 AM

Shower Study

11:00 - 11:30 AM

Get to work

11:30 - 18:30 PM

Refer to work schedule

18:30 - 17:00 PM

Get to studio

I yawn tiredly as I step out of the changing room, I quickly place a hand over my mouth as Chul meets me outside. "Hey Ri Ta-ssi," I bow at him, "sorry you had to come in this evening when you have to study." 

I tighten my grip on to the large physiology text book in my hand. "It's okay Chul-ssi, I can spare some time." 

He nods his head, "that's good. Since Jay couldn't make it, you have my adult beginners class while I'll take on his hip hop class." 

I make a face at that, even though Chul is an all-round dancer, I know for a fact that hip hop's not his strong suit. "Good luck." 

He makes a face back at me, "ah, did you see the trophy yet? I can't believe we won with all that competition." 

I nod my head, "Jay sent me a picture. You did well Chul-ssi," he smiles at me, "well, I'll head on to class." 

I quickly head towards the class, if I had stayed a bit more with Chul I would have wasted time chatting with him. I blow out a breath as I continue down the familiar hallway, I joined Expression Studios in my first year of university.

After going through all that trauma, I wanted to prove to myself that I could dance again if I tried. Albeit, I had to start over with the other genres, and the only thing that stuck was my ability to salsa, I guess my muscle memory served me well.

Chul was over the moon when he found out my background, he was happy to have a member who grew up, and experienced every bit of my culture. And even though teaching a class wasn't what I had expected when I joined this studio, it has been fulfilling so far. 

I place my large book and backpack on the table in the back of the class and sigh deeply. I hurry to the front of the class then clap my hands loudly, all eyes turn to me and I flash them a warm smile, "hello everyone, my name's Cha Ri Ta, or Rita for short. Chul-ssi and I have switched places today so I'll be taking over this class," I bow politely, "please take care of me." 

The class erupts in applause and I sigh deeply. Let's just get this over with. 

17:00 - 20:30 PM 

Studio session ends

I bow politely at each person as they take their exit when the class came to an end, a small smile remains on my face as I thank everyone for their hard work. Ever since that influential person posted the video of Chul and I on his Instagram the studio has seen more turn out in people and especially more parents are signing up their children for my Saturday morning classes. 

"Excuse me," I turn around at the sound of the voice, I almost didn't recognize him until my eyes spot the tattoo on his neck. 

I bow at him in greeting, "oh hello," he bows back at me, "how are you finding the classes?" 

He clears his throat, "today's actually my first class, because of my uh...work, I've been unable to find the time." 

I nod my head at him then grab by backpack from the table. "Ah, I see. Did you come alone?" 

He shakes his head at me, "I came with two friends of mine, they just went to the bathroom." 

My watch beeps annoyingly and I look at the screen, "well it was really nice seeing you, I hope you enjoy the future classes," I bow at him in parting, "I'll see you around." 

Without saying anything else to each other I quickly take my exit, and luckily for me, as soon as I get to the bus stop the 4413 arrived and I got on. I bow politely at the driver then make my way to the back of the bus where I take up the entire seats, I grimace yet again as I outstretch my right leg and sigh deeply.

I pull my phone from the small part of my backpack and unravel the headphones. "Crap," I whisper softly as I notice that I left my physiology text book behind.

I quickly send a message to Chul asking him to pick it for me, but much to my disappointment he replied by saying that it's not there. The first thing I did when I arrive at my apartment is to check up on Sir Sleeps Alot, and true to the reptile's name, I see that he's curled up in his shell under the light in the dry part of his tank.

I drag my legs to my bedroom and lay down on my bed with a sigh, the thought of my missing textbook crosses my mind.

"I'm screwed. I'm screwed." 

21:10 - 21: 25 PM

Shower

21:25 - 22:00 PM

Eat

22:00 - 03:00 AM

Sleep

03:00 - 06:00 AM

Study

06:00 - 09:00 AM

Eat Jog

I blow out a breath as I stoop down with my hands on my knees, I breathe in and out heavily as the morning run took yet another toll on my body. "Cha Ri Ta-ssi?" my eyes fall upon a pair of Nike running shoes, I breathe heavily once more as I stand with both hands on my waist. 

"Oh," when my eyes fall upon the familiar tattoo on his neck I grow a bit nervous, "it's you. Again." 

He bows at me and smiles politely, he hands me a bottle of water and I hesitate to take it from him. "I didn't do anything weird to it...if that's what you're thinking." 

I take the bottle from him, I turn it around in my hand as I blatantly inspect it, when I look at him I see that he's biting his lip to hide a shy smile. I sigh to myself as I think about how much of an idiot I must be as I open the bottle and drink from it. 

"Do you normally jog by the Han River?" 

He shrugs innocently at the question, "not really, I sometimes try to lift weights though." 

He flashes me a mischievous smile as he presents the large physiology text book from behind his back. I gasp softly as I take the book from him. 

"Oh my God, thank you so much," I sigh softly, "I'm not screwed anymore." 

"Sorry?" 

I flash my hand, "I have a physiology exam in a few days, I really need this right now," I clear my throat, "I should thank you properly, let me buy you breakfast." 

He blinks at me as if he couldn't believe I actually asked him. "Ah, sure." 

We walk silently for about ten

Please log in to read the full chapter