03:00

Time and Tide...
Please log in to read the full chapter

07:00 - 08:30 AM

Wake up Eat

08:30 - 09:00 AM

Feed Sir Sleeps Alot Take menstration medication Shower

09:00 - 09:30 AM

Get to work Refer to work schedule

09:30 - 10:00 AM

Make new study cards

10:00 - 12:00 PM

Work

12:00 - 12:15 PM 

First break

12:15 - 15:15 PM

Resume work

15:15 - 16:45 PM

Lunch with Tae Jin

"You look like you've been hit by a truck." 

I raise my eyebrows at my friend of seven years as he stuffs his face with some rice. I met Tae Jin during my first year at Yonsei, at that time I found everything a bit hard to swallow, I had just endured a brutal year of physiotherapy, I had movedto a different country, and even though I did well on the written Korean tests I still found it a bit difficult to understand and keep up with some conversations.

So I decided that I would keep to myself during university as I wasn't too sure if most people here were approachable, my mother seldom spoke of my father and when she did, she would always say the only thing that good-for-nothing man gave to me was his eyes. And despite that bit in my anatomy, I still looked and spoke like a foreigner, it wasn't until Tae Jin and I, along with some other persons were paired up for a group project that I was able to break out of my shell. 

And I owe all of that to the annoying person sitting before me. 

"You're going to clean up for later right?" 

I readjust my messy ponytail as I give him a confused look, "what's going on later?" 

He sighs at me then crosses his arms against his chest, "the club, I made sure to remind you beforehand so you could pencil it in that robotic schedule of yours."

I ignore the jab he took at my lifestyle with an eye roll, "do I have to come? Ji Sung-ah will be there along with your other friends, I'll just be like a stick in the mud as always." 

He clicks his tongue, "you know, there have been moments when you have shown me that you can be more than just a stick in the mud," he clasp his palms together, "please let that side of you out tonight huh? Don't you want to pick up a guy at the club and go home with him for the night? Isn't that the most appropriate, youthful thing to do?" 

I throw a used napkin at him and he dodges it, "Ri Ta-ah, I can't have you going home to study or talk to that antisocial turtle on a Friday night." 

I scowl at him, "Sir Sleeps Alot is no where near antisocial," he makes a face at me and I blink at him, "anyway, I wasn't planning on studying tonight." 

He nods toward the study cards on the table, "what then? Will you be making more of those?" he leans forward, "and what was your score on that physiology exam?" 

I clear my throat, "ninety-five. But that has nothing to do with any of this." I sigh then lean back in the chair as I start to feel like I've lost a battle, "fine, I'll tag along later, just pick me up whenever."

He claps his hands, "asa!" he smiles happily at me, "by the way, Nam told me that you met someone and had a steamy breakfast date." 

I make a face of sheer disbelief, "it wasn't anywhere near steamy, and it wasn't a date either." 

The future pathologist shrugs at me, "whatever, if this man really exists, then give him a call and invite him." 

I move the spoon around the small bowl of soup that I no longer have any interest in finishing. I sigh softly as I stab the rice with the said spoon and stuff some in my mouth, Tae Jin places a hand over his chest exactly where his heart is and gives me a scared look. 

"No wonder they call you Crazy Cha. How will you even find a guy if you easily switch moods like that?" 

I roll my eyes at him as I swallow, "I did meet a guy, but I haven't heard from him in two weeks." 

He sighs at me, "did you text him?" I shake my head and he sighs again, "somewhere in this beautiful city is a guy who's probably telling his friend about a girl he met but haven't heard from in two weeks." 

I blink my eyes rapidly at him as the revelation dawns on me, of course communication is a two-way street. 

"Sh*t, it's my Dad," he holds up the tablet issued by the pathology department as he tries to shield the side of his head. "Anyway, we're all going to Club Cream in Mapo to see some rappers perform, you're my wing-lady so please dress really hot like you did last month for my birthday. I'll pick you up at one a.m. sharp. I'm leaving." 

I watch in amusement as he takes his tray and hurriedly exits the staff cafeteria, with just forty-five minutes left on my lunch break I too decided to leave to cafeteria so I could find time to use the bathroom and finish up my flash cards. But it wasn't until I got up to place my tray with the others that my eyes fall upon the Director, I bow at him and Tae Jin's father who smiles warmly at me.

Since I don't want to be trapped in a conversation with the two men I too hurriedly left the cafeteria and headed for the bathroom. When will this day end? 

16:45 - 18:45 PM

Resume work 

18:45 - 19:15 PM

Second break

19:15 - 20:30 PM

Work ends

20:30 - 21:00 PM

Get home

21:00 - 21:30 PM

Feed Sir Sleeps Alot Eat

21:30 - 22:00 PM

Shower Shave

22:00 - 00:00 AM

Sleep

00:00 - 00:50 AM

Get ready

00:50 - 01:00 AM

Wait for Tae Jin

"I love you." 

I roll my eyes as I get in the back of Tae Jin's car, "let's just get this over with." 

He chuckles as he drives off, "you know, when I said dress really hot I didn't mean this hot because then other girls will think you're my girlfriend and I won't be able to meet anyone tonight." 

I sigh deeply, "do you ever take a breath while you're speaking?" 

He nods his head at me, "sometimes, but Ri Ta-ah you look really hot tonight, and I'm actually nervous that some guy will try something, and then you'll get angry and we'll get thrown out of the club." 

I cross my arms, "then stop the car and let me out!" 

He quickly shakes his head, "nope, never. You got dressed up for tonight, so I'll let you enjoy it," he pauses for a minute, "can't you cover your chest at least?" 

I scowl at as I look at him and he ignores the look on my face by keeping his eyes on the road. I sigh to myself as I look down at my attire for the night, I mean I think I'm appropriately dressed for a night out where I'll be watching rappers perform.

Rappers who I don't even know or probably never heard of.

I run my palms over the high-waist leather skirt, as I lean forward the my gold necklace with a cross pendant on the end dances over my exposed cleavage. And as I look down at myself, I begin to have seconds thoughts about this lace bodysuit that I dragged on after debating back-and-forth with Sir Sleeps Alot about whether or not I should include more maroon coloured clothing in my closet.

The knee-high suede boots covers the ugly surgery scar completely and while I was putting these heels on I sent a silent prayer to whoever came up wit

Please log in to read the full chapter