07:00

Time and Tide...
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's weird.

My pillow hasn't vibrated.

My pillow hasn't vibrated, and if my pillow doesn't vibrate then that only means one thing:

I'm late. 

When I open my eyes, I'm immediately met with the interior of Hyuk's room, only this time everything's a bit brighter as the thick curtains are drawn to the side. I was initially confused for the first time in a long time.

I slowly sit up in bed and look around like a lost puppy, the silence greets me like a warm embrace and it's then that I reach under the pillow for my aids. As soon as I adjust myself to my surroundings the various sounds that I couldn't hear hit me with full force.

I can suddenly hear water rushing from somewhere in the apartment, mixed in with Hyuk's soft singing, I then swing my legs over the bed and slowly stand to my feet. It's then that my eyes zoom in on the clock on the wall, the time reads 09:50 and in that moment I begin to freak out.

I didn't go jogging.

I didn't go grocery shopping.

I haven't fed Sir Sleeps Alot.

And most importantly, I have to get to work by 11:45.

My feet move off their own accord, and I exit the bedroom in a rush as I follow the sound of Hyuk's beautiful voice. The singer turns around just in time, I come to a standstill by the entrance of the kitchen, and he smiles as he sees me.

I blink at him a few times, as I watch him place various bowls on the table, this is all a bit unexpected if I must be honest. "Hey sleepyhead, sit down I made breakfast," I have so many things I want to ask him but I couldn't utter a single word so I sit, "you must have been really tired."

"Excuse me?"

He hands me a pair of chopsticks, "I called your name about two times so I left you, and I came back again and washed up but you slept through all of that."

I sit there frozen, there's a small alerting device that I sleep with under my pillow. It vibrates at different times during the day so I know when to get up, and now I'm in this predicament because I didn't sleep at my house.

I couldn't get up in time because I didn't sleep at my house.

I couldn't hear when Hyuk was trying to call my name because I wasn't wearing my hearing aids.

I'm having a late start to my day because I didn't put the necessary measures in place to make sure I get up in time.

So my disability wins again. 

"Cha Ri Ta?" 

I blink at him, "huh?" he smiles at me and I shake my head, "I'm sorry, I was thinking about something." 

He nod his head, "what time should you be at work?" 

I chew slowly on the rice then swallow, "eleven forty-five." 

The singer nods his head at that then looks at his phone, "we have some time." 

Do we? I mean, I'm already late enough as it is.

I didn't even get to study.

I have to get home and get ready then get to work.

I won't make it to work on time.

I place the chopsticks down on the table then clear my throat, the singer looks up at me and I blink back at him before speaking. "Thanks for the food, but I think I should leave now." 

He shakes his head as he chews quickly and swallows, "you didn't even eat anything," he sighs softly, "I'll pack some up for the road, you shouldn't skip meals." 

I nod my head at him, "thanks, I'll go grab my stuff." 

I'm on edge, for the first time in a long time. I didn't even feel like I had the strength to walk back to the kitchen to ask for a mere toothbrush.

I quickly pull on my jeans from last night and pull the jacket on over Hyuk's shirt, I pull my phone off Hyuk's charger on the desk in his room and exit the room. "Ready?" 

I nod my head at him when my eyes find him standing by the door with my shoes at his feet. I honestly didn't feel like putting on heels, so I reach for a pair of slippers by the door and push my feet into them. 

"You're wearing my shirt, and now you're in my slippers," I look at him thinking that I'm doing something wrong but the singer smiles brightly, "you're such a cute girlfriend." 

I shake my head at him as I head out the front door, I remain silent as we make our way to the car, my body begins to relax at the sound of his soft singing. I kept looking over at him, Kwon Hyuk is even good looking when I'm just glancing at him from the side.

I take my eyes off of him and place my head on the window, different thoughts run rampant through my mind as I watch the cars move along. "You okay?" I look back at him and nod my head, "you worry me when you get quiet like that." 

I shrug, "I'm not planning anything sinister if that's what you're worrying about."

He chuckles to himself, "okay babe. When do you go back to the studio?" 

I hum as I think about my schedule, "tomorrow morning for my class, and I have another showcase coming up so I need to practice with Chul." 

He nods his head then drives off once the light turns green, "by the way, that guy Chul, how long have you known him?" 

I sit up and look at him, I tilt my head then clear my throat. "About four years. Why?"

He quickly shakes his head, "uh, nothing, just wondering 'cause you two seem so close that's all." 

The conversation slowly dies out as we get closer to my apartment building, I thought the singer would just drop me off and go on his way, but I was quite surprised when I see him exit the car and trail behind me to the entrance. Since my mind was occupied with the question of whether or not I'll be late for work, I wasn't up for much talk during the elevator ride, but all that changed when Hyuk entered my apartment.

The singer lets out a low whistle when he spots Sir Sleeps Alot's multipurpose tank, I watch as he kicks off his shoes and rush over to it. "Daebak," he knocks softly on the tank then turns to me with a pout, "he really does sleep a lot, I wanted to see him." 

I nod my head at that, "his food is somewhere over there, could you put some on the inside? I need to get ready." 

I flash a grateful smile at him then rush to my bedroom, and as soon as I get there, I strip myself of all clothing and run to the bathroom for a quick shower. And as if I'm racing against time, I move as quickly as possible, the last time I remember rushing like this was when I was much younger and attending high school.

It didn't matter how many times my phone would go off, or how many times my grandmother would come and wake me from my deep slumber, I

Please log in to read the full chapter