12:00

Time and Tide...
Please log in to read the full chapter

08:00 - 11:00 AM

Wake up Jog Eat

11:00 - 11:30 AM

Get home

11:30 - 12:00 AM

Shower Feed Sir Sleeps Alot Get ready

12:00 - 12:45 PM

Get to school

With finals quickly approaching the atmosphere of the entire campus is a bit tense, and while most students in their last year are already sure of their respective degrees, it's still good to see that most of us are taking the exams seriously. Being the somewhat responsible student that I am, I still made time to run the various study groups which I'm a part of.

When the finals are over, we have a few months of free time before our residencies begin, and that's still an issue for me as I don't even know what I'll do after graduation. "Don't you have to stop by that building?" 

I sigh at the question, "that's right, I'm still the Students' Union president." 

Tae Jin chuckles softly, "you really made the most of university Ri Ta-ah. Who would have thought that that shy girl would turn into someone so popular?" 

I roll my eyes at him but don't comment, I had decided to try and enjoy studying in a foreign country, so I found myself getting involved in multiple clubs and organizations around campus. I was able to meet new people, and a make a few connections as well. 

"Let's eat after you grab your stuff, what do you want?"

I smile up at him, "how can you think of lunch when you don't even have any money?" 

He flashes his hand at me, "Se Jin hyung gave me his card," he sighs dramatically, "he just loves his dongsaeng too much." 

I chuckle, "yah, your brother just feels sorry-" 

It all happened so fast, one minute I was walking upright, and the next minute, my body somehow ended up on the ground. 

"Ri Ta-ah!" Tae Jin helps me up, "are you okay?" he looks me over, "what the hell happened?" 

The situation's also difficult for me to comprehend, and as I look on the ground I don't see anything which would cause something like this, and the fact that I wore slip-on sneakers today doesn't help in solving this matter either. 

"I..." I look back at a worried Tae Jin, "...I must have lost my footing." 

13:15 - 16:15 PM

Study

16:15 - 16:45 PM

Get home

16:45 - 17:00 PM

Feed Sir Sleeps Alot

17:00 - 19:00 PM

Sleep

19:00 - 19:30 PM

Eat

"Sh*t." 

I frown as I clean the small wound on the instep of my foot. I've spent so much time treating wounds in the ER so taking care of myself shouldn't be a big deal, but now I know how the patients feel when they grimace out of discomfort.

With a deep sigh I get off the toilet seat and head for the kitchen where the mess lays. For the second time today I happened to fall without notice, only this time around I had a cup in my hand, so of course it shattered as I went down, and like the unlucky person that I am, I stepped on a few shards of glass.

Just what the hell is happening to me?

"Maybe I should make a doctor's appointment," I take my phone from my pocket, "ah, I need my hearing aids." 

But what doctor should I see though?

Are my ears getting worse?

Of course, that makes some sense. Judging by the amount of damage done, then over a period of time I guess my balance would also be affected. 

"Why is my life like this?" 

My mother used to reinforce the saying that everything happens for a reason, but when the accident happened, I just couldn't understand the reason. And up until this day, I still question the reasons behind why my life has turned out like this, and I thought it wouldn't get any worse.

But then, I would have never thought everything would have come to this. 

When I finally got to the living room, I immediately freeze as my eyes fall on the figure looking back at me. The most appropriate reaction in a situation such as this would be to panic, but I couldn't even bring myself to do that.

Tears come to my eyes as I stand fixed in my spot, his mouth's moving, that much I can see, but I can't hear a word that he's saying.

I'm caught. 

"Go," he furrows his eyebrows at me but his mouth keeps on moving, "just go." 

I can't even tell if he can hear me, maybe I'm speaking softly, maybe I'm speaking with a normal tone. When I look up at him, I can see the clear confusion on his face, his mouth doesn't stop moving, and it's been rather difficult for me to even read lips. 

"Hyuk please," the tears fall, "just leave me alone!" 

I feel so humiliated.

Why do I feel so ashamed?

Hyuk's eyes look around the room, and as I watch him move around, I stand still in my spot. It wasn't until he stood over my opened chemistry textbook that my heart felt like it crumbled in my chest. 

I left my hearing aids there. 

My body suddenly comes alive and I walk over to him, I hold him by his elbow and pull him towards the door. Naturally he resisted, but the tears keep rolling down my face, and while I can tell he's pleading with me, I feel too ashamed to even look him in the eyes. 

"Go!"

He jumps slightly as he gives me a sad look, that must have been really loud. Jesus Rita what the hell is wrong with you? 

I push his chest harshly then slam the door shut, I quickly turn the lock, hoping that he won't enter the code in time. With my back against the door, I fall to the floor in a crying mess, I could feel the vibrations against my back, Hyuk's knocking down the door, but I don't think I'll open it for him anytime soon. 

And as I sobbed into the night, I came to the realization that the momentary happiness I felt, has now come to an end.

So my disability wins again. 

WHEN I woke up, the first thing I felt was a weird, yet slightly painful throb in my neck, as soon as the confusion wore off, it dawned on me that I fell asleep by the door.

I sit up slowly, the first thing I spot is my phone, while I was dragging Hyuk away it fell from my hands but I didn't care about it at the time. Don't think about that Margarita. 

Please log in to read the full chapter