04| Congratulations

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and Tiffany are already in the hospital. Tiffany and Sooyoung picked Taeyeon up from work then the latter went on to fetch her own girlfriend using Taeyeon's car.

The couple saw Hyoyeon was still there, entertaining the patient. It became a get together for the five friends, including Doctor Seo.

"Guys..." Jessica trailed off as she waited for her friends to calm themselves from laughing so loud. All of them looked her way, attention on her.

Jessica smiled sweetly when her friends gazed at her, confused. "Thank you," she said with pure sincerity. From the grins left by the laughs, their faces were plastered with pure and loving smiles.

Unconsciously, they wanted to hug each other and so they did. It's been a while since they last had this kind of fun and company. The simplest moments with friends, this is something not everyday could bring.

-

"I will go," Jessica said with finality.

They have been talking about the trial that will be happening sometime soon. The friends didn't eant Jessica to go. And they're trting hard to convince her not to go but the latter was just so persistent. Both party was having a good point with their reasons but of course, neither one wants to give up.

"I didn't wait for two years for nothing. I've suffered enough, and now it will finally come to an end. I can finally have the justice I want. You know what happened to me back then. You know how much it hurts me. You know how  hard I tried to sleep at night without thinking that same 'thing' over and over again. That night... D-do you know h-how I felt that night? I didn't even know how I escaped from him," Jessica wiped her tears as they began to fall halfway through her rants.

The friends can clearly feel Jessica's pain. It hurts them too seeing their friend breaking down, crying, asking for help, depressed. Knowing the truth just made it even more hard for them too. They are now all tearing up because of the topic.

"Sica, we just don't want to see you having a hard time again. If you see that guy, who knows what might happen? We can't take it if something bad would happen to you," Hyoyeon explained, sniffing.

"That's why I need you guys to be there, right? I need you. I need your help. You're the only people who I can depend on... so please?" Jessica begged. The others knew that they can't change her mind now. She already made her decision, and that's final. All they could do is to help her, support her, be there for her.

-

Seoul Regional Trial Court

Hyoyeon, Tiffany and Taeyeon were already sitted on the designated chairs in the trial court. Jessica was also there, with her lawyer. They glanced at each other and exchanged encouraging smiles.

However, Doctor Seo wasn't present for the first hearing. She's on duty in the hospital right now and she can't leave her patients. Feeling sorry for her friend, she promised to be there on the second and the succeeding court hearings.

That other friend, however, have no idea about these things. Being Jessica's ex-girlfriend, everything went casual between them, not the friends who hang-outs anymore but just acquaintances.

Jessica thought that Sooyoung is doing better now with her new life. She doesn't need to know about this. Although, she wished she was also here.

"Where's Soo by the way?" Hyo whispered to Tiffany.

"She doesn't know about this. Jessica won't let her know," Tiffany replied.

"But she asked me about Jessica yesterday. I think she still cares for her. Why can't we just tell her the truth? We all know they're still not over each other," Hyo explained. The couple was listening to her. It did crossed their minds but who are they to make decisions for Jessica. Yes, they're her friends but still, this kind of topic is too private and sensitive.

"Okay. Then you tell her. If Jessica finds out, you're the one to blame," Tiffany glared at Hyo.

Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter