05| Pride

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The squad had a free time the next day, so they decided to have lunch together. They were almost complete, Doctor Seo was there, Hyo, TaeNy couple, and Sooyoung. Unfortunately the lawyer was nowhere to be found. She had a last minute call from the firm she was working, and yeah, it blew her schedule for the day.

Little talks over lunch were made. However, the exes haven't said a word or two since they all came and gather around. TaeNy couple was signalling each other to raise a talk for Sooyoung or Jessica, either of the two.

But, it's just harder than they thought. They felt awkward eventually knowing that the ex-couple have no plans or anything to make it up. And their friends are getting annoyed by their somehow feud.

They need closure, Tiffany thought.

Tiffany was about to speak when Jessica's phone rang. She immediately answered the call and stood up to get some privacy. Everyone on their table was watching her as she disappeared to go outside the restaurant. A sarcastic chuckle made them turn their heads to the tall one. She was shaking her head while playing her food with her fork.

"What's so funny, Soo?" asked Hyoyeon.

"Nothing," she sipped on her juice.

"Who the hell is that anyway? And she seriously had to excuse herself?" Tiffany asked, forehead creased.

"Her girlfriend, maybe," Sooyoung replied without looking at the latter. She sounded cold but there's a hint of insecurity.

All her companions were surprised and confused with what Soo said. They know Jessica haven't dated for two years now, not after her break up with Soo. And they know, she has no plans of being in a relationship for the meantime, so what is Soo saying now?

"Girlfriend?" Juhyun asked, eyebrows arched.

Sooyoung nodded, not looking at any of them. She had her eyes on her plate.

"Who?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yuri," Sooyoung shrugged like it was nothing but the truth is, she felt heavy when she spoke her name.

Their jaw dropped as the thought of Yuri and Jessica dating, when they just saw each other yesterday. And, if it's true, how did Sooyoung knew when they have no idea about this?

"W-what?!" Hyo gaped .

"Oh no. Maybe you're mistaken, Jessi and Yuri-" Tiffany was taken aback when Jessica suddenly went back and carried her bag, and bid goodbye to her friends.

"Where are you going?" they all asked in unison, of course, not Soo.

"Firm," she simply replied which earned a confused look from the friends. So it's true??

"Told you so," Sooyoung commented which made the others looked at her with questioning faces.

They all were interrogating her on how she knew about her "dating" Yuri. Sooyoung told her story. She told them what happened yesterday and that Jessica admitted that they're in a relationship. She kept a straight face, no reactions or whatsoever. She played it cool althought the others were already feeling sorry for her. Sooyoung might not admit it but they know, she's still head over heels for her. Even if she tried to hide it, it still shows. She can't hide anything from her friends, even with all the props she's using. Like a new girlfriend she had.

-

At the firm

Jessica rushed to the firm when Yuri told her about the news that the culprit is making ways to turn the tables around. She wanted to ask for her friends help but knowing that S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter