02| Broken

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12:50 PM, Seoul International Airport

Tiffany and Jessica were already on their way out of the airport. The two friends were laughing and smiling as they walk to Tiffany's car.

But before they got in, Tiffany was taken aback. Oh yeah. She didn't come alone.

"What is it, Tiff? Did we forgot something?" Jessica scanned her luggages and saw everything was there. Her eyes went back to Tiffany who's now consciously looking at her. Jessica's brows shot up, confused of her friend's expression.

"What?" she asked.

"Um... I-well... You won't kill me in this kind of place right?" Tiffany said pointing at herself. Jessica was completely out of place. She doesn't know her friend is talking about.

"I'll kill you anytime now if you won't spit it out," Jessica's death glare is on Tiffany now. The latter gulped as she was hesitating whether to say it or not.

"Can't you be much faster Tiffany? You still owe me a ride," both were shook when someone just spoke. There's someone in the car. Someone who's not supposed to be there.

Jessica's strong aura suddenly changed. She was suddenlt silent and lost. The reason? Well, her ex was there. The last person who made her cry. The last person who made it to her life. She was there.

The pain she was feeling for a long time just got another fuel to burn. She felt her heart clenched when she heard her voice. She still sounds the same, she thought. For a moment, she lost track of reality. Her mind was somewhere in the past, when everything was still fine, when there's actually everything.

Tiffany had to slap Jessica's shoulder just to snap her out of her trance. Tiffany looked guilty when Jessica glanced at her. She forced a smile when she knew that her friend was somekind of guilty criminal in front of her.

"I'm sorry," Tiffany mouthed.

"It's okay," Jessica said below her voice before opening the back seat.

During the whole trip, awkwardness was all that's in between them. No one dared to talk, or even sigh. It seems like conversations are forbidden. Jessica has her eyes on the buildings and surroundings outside while her ex, sitting on the passenger seat, also did the same but looked on the opposite side.

Having the two inside her car, Tiffany was nowhere near calm. She was frustrated. Not just because of the two exes but also because of the deafening silence. It's driving her mad. She can't stay like this for a long time. Maybe this would be her longest silent strike. She mentally cheered herself, only to ease the stillness.

They really have no plans to speak up. And Tiffany, knowing that she's at fault here, doesn't want to make it more harder for the two. Although, she wasn't sure if the silence really helps.

Just when they got into a traffic jam, Jessica's phone rang. Finally, a chance to speak.

"Hello?"

"Oh yes. I just arrived,"

"I see. Um... I think I can go. I'll just drop my luggage to the hotel and I'll be on my way,"

"No, I'm fine. I'll be there,"

"Alright,"

Tiffany was looking at her through the rear view mirror. Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter