10| Couples

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Tiffany were already home after a day of shopping. Yuri and the others were silently waiting for them on the living room, gathered around, with serious and worried faces.

When the two American came, they became very careful with their words, even with their expressions. Jessica was surprised with the unrealistic silence. All were looking at her, like they're sorting something out. She gave a questioning look, glaring at each one of them as she toured her eyes around.

"How did the case go?" she broke the silence. Jessica was suspecting something bad happened during the hearing and it caused her friends to act like this. Perhaps, the court already made a judgment?

"The next court trial would be next month. We have all the time we need to gather more proofs about his crime. He's still not admitting any of it. Nor denying. He acts innocent yet he's too weary," Yuri explained, getting nods from their friends.

Afixing her gaze from the center table in front of her, Yuri looked towards Jessica who seemed to be worried all of a sudden. She stood up and walked towards the latter. She reached out for her hand and brought it to her lips. She gently kissed them and caressed them afterwards. The friends who were watching were stunned with the sudden scene in front of them.

"Are they really together now?" Hyoyeon asked Taeyeon who's sitting right beside her. Taeyeon has been quiet since the Americans came home. Well, ever since the two came, she's been receiving death glares from her girlfriend and she can't even do something about it but avoid her gaze. If it were really deadly, she's already a cold corpse by now.

"Molla," she simply shrugged, taking a quick glance at Tiffany who's still glaring at her. She groaned inwardly when she realized she had to sleep on the couch tonight. Damn it, Taemin!

"What's with the face?" Hyo noticed Taeyeon's face making.

"Let's just say I'm not getting any of it tonight," she scoffed.

"Sorry for you then," Hyo let out a chuckle before she pats Taeyeon's back. While the latter just sighed in defeat.

-

"Thank you," Jessica had a small smile on her face. The girl was standing on the veranda with Yuri beside her. They just finished dinner and went out to take some fresh air.

"For what?" Yuri looked at the princess beside her.

"You're always ready to help me. You're always there when I needed you. I'm really thankful to have you as my friend," she said softly. It was evident how sincere her words were for Yuri. The tan was flustered with how genuine everything is but it madr her heart broke upon hearing her say it. As my friend... she's nothing but a friend to her.

Yuri was obviously holding herself back to say something regarding it. She knew she couldn't be just a friend to her but, she knows the latter isn't ready to fall in love again. Or maybe, is still inlove with somebody else.

Yuri just laughed her way out of the awkwardness she's feeling. Of course, it wouldn't be easy for Jessica. She definitely knows her pain, and as her "friend" she needs to help her. She have to.

"I'll do my best to help you, Sica," she said like she was stating her vow. The latter smiled sweetly and stared at the night sky.

The next morning was a complete wreck for Taeyeon. As what she tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter