11| Can I?

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inside her office, overlooking the whole city from the huge glass windows, Sooyoung was blankly staring at the papers on her desk, almost burying the keyboard from sight. She's really not in the mood to do anything today, after what happened yesterday during their lunch out.

She's not supposed to be sulking herself but she just can't help but feel that way towards her. Jessica deserves to be happy. After all that she had gone through, she deserves to find that light in her life once again. The light that she had been once. Recalling on how she had hurt her years ago made her feel guilty and wanted to hurt herself.

But seeing her yesterday, happy and smiling with that lawyer didn't made her any better. Yes. She wanted to see her smiling again but... she realizes she can't bear to see her be that happy with someone else other than her. And all the years, she thought they would be better off as strangers, apart.

Everything was fine, actually. She moved on, had a new girlfriend, a great job, her own condo, everything was perfect. Who would've thought that fate would let them see each other again? The fate that sometimes had been the very reason why they fought, and had been the witness of their separation, now, would want to make a book two of their lives? Their individual lives?

She was in the midst of reminiscing their moments together when her phone rang. With all the papers scattered on her rable, it took her a while before she could answer her brother's call.

"Noona, what took you so long?" Minho asked from the other line.

"Sorry. I was busy with my article," she lied but who cares? It's not like he's brother would know?

"Anyway, I got good news and bad news," Minho started.

"What? Why? What happened?" Sooyoung asked nervously, tapping her fingers on the table, while waiting for her dongsaeng to answer. She heard sounds of flipping papers from the other line, seems like Minho is checking on it carefully.

"We actually have a strong chance of winning the case. The doctor diagnosis, Jessica noona's medical records, CCTV footages are enough evidences. I've also run into some witnesses that night and they told me they're willing to participate," Minho explained. Sooyoung was glad to hear her brother's explanation. So that's the good news. Now what's the bad news?

"But, I'm afraid I can't stand as her lawyer for the next hearing," he sounded disappointed.

"What? I thought you already asked Yuri," Sooyoung is almost close to panicking. Why? Well, this is the only way she could make up with all her mistakes to Jessica. She wanted to help. It's not just for Jessica alone but also for herself.

"I did and she accepted my help but, I have this client and he also has the same trial date as hers. He's a friend of mine and I can't leave him alone. He needs me. I'm sorry noona," he apologised. Sooyoung sighed as she massaged her temples.

"It'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter