03| EXes

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the hospital, 10 PM

"She needs a rest. It's been two years since the last time I saw her. I thought she's already fine," Doctor Seo said upon Tiffany.

Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Jessica. They saw the latter, unconscious, lying in the kitchen's floor, phone in hand. They both rushed to her and carried her to the car. They brought her to her specialist, Doctore Seo Juhyun, the same doctor who looks after her from before.

Jessica was diagnosed with depression two years ago, just days after her break up with her girlfriend. It's really the only reason why, but it what happened with her relationship just made things worst for her.

Everyday, she always needs to pay a visit to her doctor. She was having nightmares everynight, and everytime, her friend, Tiffany would find her shaking in fear, hugging her knees while sitting on bed. 

After a few weeks, she decided to leave for New York, it was her own will. She continued her therapy there but with a different doctor. She was sure she was over that stage of her life. This is the first time that it happened again. After a long time.

"Me too," Tiffany hissed. "This is all my fault. I never should've brought Soo with me in the airport," she continued, her hands covering her face in frustration. 

"Sooyoung? So, she's still not over her, huh?" Taeyeon mumbled beside her girlfriend.

The two fell silent as they walked back to Jessica's room from the doctor's office. They stopped right in front of the room's door and watched their friend as she lay on the bed, sleeping.

"What will we do now? Should we call someone? Anyone?" Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany. The latter shook her head, a bit disappointed and unsure of the idea. Jessica's family lives in the States. No one's here except for her friends.

"Well, we need someone to look after her. We still have work tomorrow. You can't skip that. You already took the day off today, and so did I, yesterday. What now, Pani?" Taeyeon asked.

"I don't know. Hyoyeon's probably busy right now with her bar. And... of course we couldn't invite her to be here," Tiffany stated.

"Right," Taeyeon sighed and watched her friend from the small window.

-

Jessica wakes up in a familiar room. Of course, who wouldn't know a hospital room? Besides, she's been here a couple of times already. She tried sitting up on the bed but she felt heavy and weak. She can bearly move her hands, and even open her eyes to have a clear sight of the person who's in fromt of her, now.

"You can sleep again, if you want. Don't force yourself," the girl said. The voice was familiar to her. It's Doctor Seo.

"Juhyun-ah?" she tried to speak, but it came out just a whisper.

"Tiffany and Taeyeon are out for work. Hyoyeon's probably on her way here. For the meantime, I'll be the one who'll be attending to you. Do you want something? Water?" the doctor asked, already pouring water on a glass.

Jessica nodded as she sat up on bed. Juhyun helped her and handed her the glass. Her arms crossed in front of her chest, she waited til her patient drank all the water from the glass. She stared at her until she gave the glass back.

"Do you want to talk about it?" the doctor asked, calmly. The latter shook her head.

"Unnie," she's addressing her as her older sister now. Well, Jessica is older but Juhyun acts like the older one.

"You trust me, don't you?" Juhyun drew closer to her unnie and enveloped her in her arms as the latter started to tear up. Jessica was sobbing really hard. She was gasping for air for some time and then cried again. Juhyun comforted her unnie, not just as her doctor but as a friend, a sister.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter