Rescued

Sheltered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun remembered the day his manager told him he needed a personal bodyguard. As soon as the words left his manager's mouth, he shook his head, refusing. Obviously Baekhyun knew that he needed people to protect him when he went outside and was surrounded by thousands of fans but he strongly believed that he did not need a personal bodyguard to be around him every second of the day. He already could barely go outside alone and now he would have a bodyguard that had to live with him to make sure he was always safe?

 

"No. I don't need a personal bodyguard, I can take care of myself," Baekhyun told his manager, Kyungsoo, stubbornly. The idol knew he wasn't exactly a bodybuilder but he had a black belt in hopkaido and could easily beat up anyone that tried anything. He was more than capable of protecting himself so there was no reason for anyone else to do it. Sure, he was more at a risk of getting harmed because of his popularity as Korea's number one solo artist, arising actor and variety star but he already had many people around him to ensure that someone wouldn't rob him and or try to kill him.  

 

His manager sighed heavily, his annoyance clear by his actions. "You are an idol Baekhyun, I understand that you want privacy but you're the one who choose this lifestyle. You have the attention of everyone in Korea who owns a tv, meaning almost everyone. There are scary people out there, scary people who can and will harm you. So you have to stay as safe as possible," Kyungsoo took a deep breath after his speech, looking at Baekhyun for a reaction. 

 

As much as Baekhyun wanted to rebel, he realized that what his manager was saying was right. It was a dangerous world out there filled with dangerous people and as the saying goes, better safe than sorry. 

 

"Fine. If it gets you to shut up and stop lecturing me, I'll do it," he agreed, watching as Kyungsoo gave him one of his wide, heart-shaped smiles. 

 

_____________________

 

Baekhyun had just gotten back from a fan signing when he saw a figure on his couch. From the body frame, he could tell it was a male; the male's shoulders were incredibly broad and from where he was standing, he could tell that the man was wearing a black suit. 

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he came closer. It was obviously not his manager, his manager was tiny and there was no reason for anyone else to be in his home so late at night. 

 

Baekhyun's mind wondered to anyone it could be. Was it the pizza delivery man? No it couldn't be because Baekhyun never ordered any pizza because of his busy schedule. Plus, it made no sense that the pizza delivery man was wearing such formal clothing. Also the man was sitting on his couch and how would a pizza delivery man even get in-

 

Baekhyun mentally scolded himself for being so stupid. It was a robber! He was getting robbed! Maybe the robber thought he wouldn't come back anytime soon so that's why he was relaxing on his couch and maybe the suit was part of his elaborate disguise! It all made sense to him. 

 

Realizing that a robber was in his house and could kill him made the idol tremble in fear. He could use his hapkaido skills on the male but years of training didn't prepare him for the fear he felt at the idea of approaching the tall man. 

 

Deciding that having an object with him

would be the best, he sneaked as quietly as he could to the kitchen which was behind the living room. Looking around, he grabbed the closest object that would effectively harm the thief, a pan.

 

Baekhyun quickly took the pan and held it in his hands as he tip-toed back to where the unfamiliar man was. Thankfully, the man seemed to be busy reading something on his phone so he was concentrating on what he was reading instead of the idol approaching him from behind with a pan in his hands. 

 

Baekhyun didn't wait a second before aiming the pan on the thief's head. Closing his eyes tightly, he swung the pan, letting out a loud scream as he did. 

 

It took probably a millisecond for the man with the giant build to react. Turning around, the man gripped Baekhyun's arm just as the idol swung, effectively stopping the pan from smashing into his head. In seconds, he took the pan from Baekhyun's hand, dropping it to the floor before holding Baekhyun's hand behind his body, successfully entrapping him. 

 

Baekhyun's heart raced as he felt a strong body against his, holding tightly onto his arms. He wriggled in the robber's grip, attempting to escape. "Let go of me! Do you know who I am?" He screamed, hoping to catch the attention of someone. 

 

Right as he said that, Kyungsoo came out of one of the bathrooms. "What's going on? What are you doing Chanyeol? Let go of him!" Kyungsoo demanded, sounding really confused at the scene he was witnessing. 

 

After "Chanyeol" let him go, he glared at the male before turning to his manager. "Kyungsoo, how do you know the name of this thief?" He asked, just as confused as Kyungsoo. 

 

"Thief?! I'm not a thief!" The tallest male protested, clearly offended at the false accusation from Baekhyun. "He was trying to hit me with a pan!" Chanyeol continued. 

 

"That's because you were trying to rob me!" Baekhyun replied, looking astonished at the fact that Chanyeol, who he believed was a burglar, was trying to make him look bad. 

 

"Why would I rob yo-"

 

"Because I'm ing rich, -" 

 

"I don't care about your money-" 

 

"Then why were you in my house, sitting on my couch, obviously trying to rob me-" 

 

"I wasn't robbing you-" 

 

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU," the smallest male screamed, effectively causing the other two to look at him, eyes wide at the annoyance evident in his large eyes.

 

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol's not a burglar, he's your bodyguard and Chanyeol, this is Baekhyun, the one you must protect," Kyungsoo said, rolling his eyes at how stupid the two of them were. 

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened as Kyungsoo told him that the giant in his living room was his bodyguard. There was no way, the male looked nothing like a bodyguard. He looked way too young and while he was weak-looking, he didn't look strong enough to become a bodyguard. 

 

He turned his attention back to Chanyeol, silently examining his features. He looked to be about 6 feet something, completely towering over Baekhyun. His eyes were large and clear, his lips were smooth, looking really soft. The bodyguard was extremely handsome, his features almost perfect except his protruding ears. They made him seem less perfect, which somehow made him more attractive in Baekhyun's eyes; they also made him look really cute. 

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, feeling really awkward as the male stared at his face for a while, unblinking as if he was in some sort of trance. The idol was probably lost in his own thoughts as he stared at Chanyeol because even after clearing his throat, Baekhyun still continued to stare at him. 

 

"Uh Baek, you can stop checking Chanyeol out, you're scaring the poor guy," Kyungsoo said, effectively snapping Baekhyun back to reality. 

 

Baekhyun scoffed. "Checking him out? I was ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter