Confined

Sheltered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second Chanyeol opened his eyes, all he saw was a blur. The more he blinked, the clearer it got and before long, everything was clear. He was surrounded by murmuring bodies clad in white coats. "He's awake!" He heard a voice exclaim in surprise. Looking around, his eyes registering the brightness before adjusting to the light. He attempted to say something, to ask where he was but all that came out was a hoarse sound from his throat. 

 

"Don't speak son, you just woke up from a coma." he heard a deep voice, owned by a middle aged man, say. Chanyeol weakly nodded his head, lacking the energy to try to move any part of his body. Before he could drift on, however, he felt a strong feeling in his body screaming at him to look around and find the small brunette he needed to see. Baekhyun. 

 

It's like the second he was aware of his surroundings, the need to see Baekhyun rushed to him. He had no idea what was going on or how he got in the coma, all he knew was that he needed Baekhyun next to him.

 

"B-baek?" He attempted to say, his voice gruff as the word struggled to come out. The words didn't reach the doctor's ears however, as he was too busy instructing the nurses on what to do.  

 

Chanyeol swallowed, trying again to say something but again, nothing came out. 

 

He held his breath in frustration. He didn't have any energy to do anything but blink and breathe and all he wanted to do was get up and run to the boy he was craving to see. 

 

Before he could do anything, the fatigue took over him and once again, everything was black. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The eerie darkness was all Baekhyun could discern when his eyes opened. As soon as he tried to get up, his body was pulled back. He looked down, his eyes widening when he saw that he was chained up in a tiny space. Just as he opened his mouth to let out a shout, nothing came out as his mouth was covered in a cloth that was preventing him from letting out a sound. As he noticed more of his surroundings, he came to the realization that he was in the trunk of some sort of moving vehicle. 

 

Suddenly, the gruff voice of a man was made clear to him. He held his breath, concentrating on the voice to he could comprehend the situation. 

 

"Does boss want the boy dead?"

 

Baekhyun's breath hitched, his stomach dropping as he apprehended the question. The man was undoubtedly talking about him.

 

He shut his eyes tightly, his heart hammering as he awaited the answer to the question the man had just asked. 

 

"No, we have to keep him alive for now."

 

A sigh of relief let the boy at the answer. As terrified as he was at that moment, the fact that he wasn't going to die soon meant that he had a chance to escape somehow. He closed his eyes, trying to remember everything that had happened. He remembered being followed by a man, running away and then everything going black. He also recalled a strange detail.

 

The hospital was empty. 

 

How could that happen? Why did someone kidnap him in the first place?

 

What did they want from him? Money?

 

Baekhyun bit his lip as he tried to hold in his tears. He was beyond frightened of the situation he was placed in but Baekhyun knew that he had to stay as quiet as possible and think of a way out in the meantime. After all, freaking out would only get him killed sooner. 

 

He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to calm his rapid breathing rate. The only audible sounds was his breathing and heartbeat, everything else was silent. 

 

Right then, the car came to a screeching halt and Baekhyun felt the panic overfill him. He shut his eyes and forced himself into sleep. 

 

He could feel himself get lifted and dragged out of the vehicle. He heard the rough voice from before command the others to open the door and before long, he was forced into another space which, from what he could gather, was a closet-like room with no furniture in it. 

 

He was placed on the floor and then locked inside as all the men left. He was trapped once again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Opening his eyes was difficult as they felt extremely heavy, but with enough effort, that opened, allowing the boy to be exposed to the plain walls and the strong sterile smell of the hospital room. While getting up, he felt a pressure on his hand. It was someone else's hand. 

 

"Baekhyun?" He questioned as he looked in the direction of the body. 

 

"Chanyeol, you're awake!" 

 

Chanyeol's heart dropped when he heard the high-pitched voice and saw the female towering over him. 

 

Yejin. 

 

"Yejin? Why are you here?" He questioned, his voice scratchy from lack of use while his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He didn't understand how she found out where he was or why she was in the room with him in the first place. The only person he needed to see was Baekhyun. He scanned the room in hopes that he would be able to see the idol but the only one there was the girl he didn't want to see. 

 

"I've been here from the start. Ever since I heard about the incident, I haven't left your side. Everyday, I was right next to you, praying that you would wake up a-and finally, you're awake. Oh Chanyeol, I'm so glad you're awake. "

 

He felt her arms wrapping around his neck as she cried into his shoulder. Chanyeol looked at her, feeling uncomfortable at how close her body was to his. After the day he broke up with her, he had hoped that he would never see her again. 

 

"Where is my mom? And Yura?" He inquired once she let go, still sniffling. 

 

"Oh, they wanted to come but they had to take care of business back home. I told them that you would be awake soon and they were ecstatic. You'll be able to see them soon because the doctors said it was okay for me to take you back home," she replied happily, a smile on her face contrasting the tears she was just shedding.  

 

Chanyeol was silent, knowing that there was something wrong. First of all, the fact that his mom and sister weren't here at the hospital didn't make any sense. Knowing them, they would've been so worried they'd never leave his side. 

 

"Where is Baekhyun? And Kyungsoo?"

 

"Oh, them? They haven't come to visit. I think the idol is busy or something," she shrugged, looking indifferent. ”Enough about everyone else. Chanyeol, I'm so glad you're awake. I wouldn't be able to live without you. You're my everything... I love you so much."

 

Chanyeol didn't know how to respond. He felt the same sense of fear and dread when he heard those words and suddenly it was hard to breathe. Baekhyun was gone, out of nowhere. The bodyguard was smart enough to figure out that the excuses Yejin was giving him were bull but at the same time, it struck a nerve. Did Baekhyun really care that little for him?

 

He shook his head. Whether Baekhyun felt anything for him or not, he would never abandon him like that. Busy or not, Baekhyun would be there. That's just the kind of person the older was. He made sure everyone around him was alright and if anyone got hurt, he would make it his first priority to visit them.

 

When his one fan landed in the hospital after tripping and hitting her head on a rock while running up to get his signature, he went to visit her the second his fansign was over and spent hours by her side to make up for it. 

 

Even if Baekhyun hated him, he would still visit him, right?

 

He was sure about it. Also, the fact that the information was coming from Yejin practically proved it was incorrect. He didn't and would never fall for any of her lies and just that thought filled him with worry. Where could Baekhyun possibly be? And why wasn’t Kyungsoo around either?

 

”Chanyeol? Are you okay? You’ve been quiet for so long....” 

 

Chanyeol remained still, choosing to not reply. 

 

”Okay Chanyeol. The doctors said you could leave now so let's go back home, alright?” 

 

Chanyeol’s head snapped in her direction as the words left . ”I’m not going with you,” he retorted, his eyes narrowi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter